Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2018, 09:17 AM

354 posts, read 385,253 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBslider001 View Post
San Antonio is a great city, but it was deemed "2nd in the nation of cities for college grads to move to". You may like that...it turned me away. The traffic is something to be dealt with an on the daily. You can look at Boerne or Bandera though and the Hill Country has a lot to offer a young person. Corpus is a nicecity,but HUMID and buggy. I have been to both and spent time in both. I'd pick SA if it wasn't for my current job in cattle ranching. For that, you have to be int he middle of nowhere.
Yeah, the college grad thing turns me off too. Traffic definitely turns me away. Humidity doesnt necessarily bother me but I would have to keep the dog in the house in the AC lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2018, 10:05 AM

686 posts, read 1,137,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by divagotstyle07 View Post
Does boulder, co fit well with my requirements?
No, I don’t think so. It is a college town, it’s cold and it snows. Boulder itself is more expensive than San Diego. It’s also drier and landlocked.

Old 05-01-2018, 10:50 AM

50,232 posts, read 46,991,184 times
Quote:
Does boulder, co fit well with my requirements?
Boulder gets some of the most major weather shifts of anywhere in the Country. It gets hot in the summer, it gets arctic blasts (occasionally) in the winter, it gets bugs, hail, sleet, major high winds. It sure is beautiful though. When I went for a Mt Bike ride I'd have to wear a pack of different clothing because it can snow in the morning and be hot in the afternoon.

Old 05-01-2018, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Boulder gets some of the most major weather shifts of anywhere in the Country. It gets hot in the summer, it gets arctic blasts (occasionally) in the winter, it gets bugs, hail, sleet, major high winds. It sure is beautiful though. When I went for a Mt Bike ride I'd have to wear a pack of different clothing because it can snow in the morning and be hot in the afternoon.
Thank you. I'd say that answers THAT lol 😊

Old 05-01-2018, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfosyd View Post
No, I don’t think so. It is a college town, it’s cold and it snows. Boulder itself is more expensive than San Diego. It’s also drier and landlocked.
Thank you!! Yes these are excellent points as to why it's not what I'm looking for.

Savannah is looking really good right about now!!!

Old 05-01-2018, 12:12 PM

6,538 posts, read 12,030,552 times
Quote:
Thank you!! Yes these are excellent points as to why it's not what I'm looking for.

Savannah is looking really good right about now!!!
The only downside about Savannah is the crime. Savannah has about the same number of homicides as San Diego per year with only about 1/10 of the population. That's as Donald Trump would say, sad.

Old 05-01-2018, 05:40 PM

160 posts, read 155,355 times
When I read your original post, I was thinking the southeast. If you would consider Austin or San Antonio, what about Atlanta? The benefits of Atlanta are many....diverse population, friendly people, lots of eligible bachelors, still have some of that southern charm. Lots of career opportunity, and a wide range of neighborhoods to figure out what niche you want to live in. The drawbacks....it's cold in the winter but that can be short lived. It is bigger than SD, and you have a lot of traffic. Austin and SA have lots of congestion and a population that is attracting a lot of people from inside and outside of Texas.
I would pass on Savannah and Charleston. They are places that are better to visit than live.

Old 05-01-2018, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndindy View Post
When I read your original post, I was thinking the southeast. If you would consider Austin or San Antonio, what about Atlanta? The benefits of Atlanta are many....diverse population, friendly people, lots of eligible bachelors, still have some of that southern charm. Lots of career opportunity, and a wide range of neighborhoods to figure out what niche you want to live in. The drawbacks....it's cold in the winter but that can be short lived. It is bigger than SD, and you have a lot of traffic. Austin and SA have lots of congestion and a population that is attracting a lot of people from inside and outside of Texas.
I would pass on Savannah and Charleston. They are places that are better to visit than live.
I would consider Atlanta (I will honestly consider anywhere lol) but I dont want a bigger city than san Diego. SD is big enough for me! I need more open space and I dont like the traffic. It's not too bad compared to other places but it would be so nice to not have rush hour and always having to search for parking. It impacts my life in a negative way.

I'm passing on Charleston but still considering Savannah and the surrounding area. Why do you say it is a better place to visit and not to live?

Old 05-01-2018, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEAandATL View Post
The only downside about Savannah is the crime. Savannah has about the same number of homicides as San Diego per year with only about 1/10 of the population. That's as Donald Trump would say, sad.
This is something to consider but I dont give much weight to this. I grew up in a rural town outside of a very dangerous city and spent time there as a young adult.

Important to be safe but not a main deciding factor for my next move. It's very rare to come across a city more dangerous than the one I lived in.

Old 05-01-2018, 07:23 PM

50,232 posts, read 46,991,184 times
Quote:
Thank you. I'd say that answers THAT lol 😊
I also forgot tornados Not often but it's on the edge of the plains.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego