Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2018, 11:14 AM

7,375 posts, read 6,432,159 times

Advertisements

Menu often changes...I had a steak with bone marrow dish one time and a seafood dish another...been a few years. Would be about 2/3 the price of a comparable US resto.

Caesars, also owned by Javier, is always good—obviously, the salad, salmon carpaccio and beef Wellington. Great wine list and cheap. You might like his other spot, Erizo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNYC View Post
I walked in the building once but couldn't get myself to sit down with all the gringos and gringo pricing. What did you order that was worth the effort ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2018, 04:50 PM

686 posts, read 1,132,139 times
Also, for the OP, check out many of the food trucks in SD, there are some great ones and very reasonable.

Old 05-27-2018, 05:18 PM

17,876 posts, read 15,746,494 times
Encinitas has decent spots. I have been to Hapifish, Chin's Szechuan, Bentley Steak house, Leucadia Pizza. CA fast food options are even better than NYC. In Encinitas, going north or south on PCH you will find plenty of quality restaurants.

Old 05-27-2018, 06:24 PM

84 posts, read 87,295 times
I agree--- great food places are very hard to find in North County---and all of them are expensive. Sprinkled in there, though are some great places, like Lola's in Carlsbad Village... prices are great, food is delicious and it has been there forever.

The only thing to really look forward to is the conversion of the TGI Friday's/Split Pea Andersons at 5 Freeway and Palomar Airport Road. I would venture to guess, though, that these places will not be inexpensive... sigh...

https://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loc...483728171.html

Old 05-27-2018, 06:28 PM

4,294 posts, read 4,390,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post
Chin's Szechuan, Bentley Steak house, Leucadia Pizza. CA fast food options are even better than NYC. In Encinitas, going north or south on PCH you will find plenty of quality restaurants.
Chins is pathetic. That was one of the first places I ate at in Encinitas. As far as pizza goes I just can't do it in SoCal when Tony's NY Pizza in TJ is just minutes from my place down there. Tony's TOPS all pizza south of LA.

PCH has yuppie clip joints. I am so happy I never found housing in the beach area. I'd starve !

Old 05-27-2018, 06:30 PM

4,294 posts, read 4,390,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anita house View Post
I agree--- great food places are very hard to find in North County---and all of them are expensive. Sprinkled in there, though are some great places, like Lola's in Carlsbad Village... prices are great, food is delicious and it has been there forever.

The only thing to really look forward to is the conversion of the TGI Friday's/Split Pea Andersons at 5 Freeway and Palomar Airport Road. I would venture to guess, though, that these places will not be inexpensive... sigh...

https://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loc...483728171.html
Great Post Anita.

This could be a decent option for me. I will also look into Lola's. What's the parking situation like ?

Old 05-27-2018, 06:42 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,237,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moved View Post
Coops is way better than Phil's.
Coops is great! I’m at a loss to understand the appeal of Phil’s.

Grand ole BBQ Y Asado on 32nd is really good.

Old 05-27-2018, 06:47 PM

9,808 posts, read 11,060,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post
Encinitas has decent spots. I have been to Hapifish, Chin's Szechuan, Bentley Steak house, Leucadia Pizza. CA fast food options are even better than NYC. In Encinitas, going north or south on PCH you will find plenty of quality restaurants.
Who remembers The Paddock in Encinitas?

Chins is crap.

Old 05-27-2018, 08:50 PM

2,160 posts, read 5,829,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
Who remembers The Paddock in Encinitas?

Chins is crap.
Where and what was the Paddock?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego