Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2018, 06:20 AM

1,807 posts, read 3,987,964 times

Advertisements

I need to buy a cheap suit (probably from Men's Fashion Depot - Price, Value, Selection Nobody Even Comes Close). Where can I get the suit altered besides in house, for a low cost?

I've heard of La Moda, but after going there a couple of times, I'm certain the alteration would probably cost as much as the suit.

Any other places out there that would alter a suit (jacket and pants) for less than $100 or so?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2018, 09:32 AM

3,416 posts, read 2,452,288 times
Just have it done there. I’ve gotten a couple of suits there over the years and they all came out fine. I highly doubt you’ll find anything cheaper, don’t forget the convience factor too. They key is finding a suit whose waistline, inseam, and jacket that fit well, that’s what drives up alteration costs, the pant cuffs are cheap enough.

Personally I’d spend the afternoon shopping around, you can often find a much better suit for not much more elsewhere. Men’s warehouse, the brooks brothers outlet, and Nordstrom’s rack, are all good options. You can always go back men’s fashion depot. Tammie’s alterations in PB has been my go to for years, she’s legit.

Remember it’s not the suit, it’s the man wearing it. I’ve actually gotten more compliments on a suit from men’s fashion depot than I have on much more expensive ones. Go figure

Old 06-16-2018, 10:11 AM

4,294 posts, read 4,423,637 times
Check JC Penney STAFFORD brand suits. I've never had to alter any of them. Great suits for cheap.

Old 06-18-2018, 07:43 AM

3,392 posts, read 2,799,972 times
Taco soup is right. Spend the time finding the right fit. Jacket (shoulders, arms, chest, Waist). You are going to have to alter the pants anyway. Very hard to wear something right off the rack.

I’ve gone to a few tailors in SD. ALEX alterations in Hillcrest did a great job.

I’ve gotten some nice affordable suits from Macys. I’m not a fan Men’s Wearhouse. Nordstrom Rack has an okay selection slightly pricey though

Old 06-20-2018, 12:20 PM

485 posts, read 324,023 times
My husband goes to Emie's Alterations in Clairemont. Hubby works in TV and all the on-air personalities get their alterations done at Emie's as well (that's how we found out about her).

But if that's not a convenient location for you, maybe do a quick search on Yelp and search your particular area for highest ranked.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego