Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2018, 02:42 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,278,056 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenkay View Post
Well if it weren't for people insisting that their 'freedom' to light fireworks in a hugely fire-prone county in the middle of July is more important than say, not accidentally starting a fire that could impact thousands of people, we wouldn't *need* those regulations. Because those people are NEVER the kind of people who say "you know what? This is potentially damaging to my neighbors, my community, my entire region, so I'll just skip it for the sake of everyone else".

True. A little consideration for others would go a long way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2018, 06:34 PM

3,285 posts, read 2,663,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike930 View Post
It’s easy to be flippant when you haven’t been affected by a fire. Typical “all about me” mentality.
You know what happens when you assume, right?

Old 06-19-2018, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Des-Lab View Post
Something deliciously ironic about celebrating "Freedom" with a laundry list of prohibitions, laws, bans, and restrictions.
This.

But collecting hundreds of dollars from people for lighting off small firecrackers that are perfectly legal in the exact same conditions just a few miles away will make everything A-OK.

Old 06-19-2018, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnojr View Post
You know what happens when you assume, right?
Based on your attitude, it’s a safe bet you haven’t been affected. If I’m wrong and you have been, it’s even worse. It’s plain stupidity.

Old 06-20-2018, 08:16 AM

9,824 posts, read 11,548,625 times
It's bound to happen again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuJHfkXEI-o

Now i will say when firecrackers were legal in San Diego there where never any fires started, that i can remember in the 70's early 80's

Old 06-20-2018, 08:36 AM

50,289 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
It's bound to happen again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuJHfkXEI-o

Now i will say when firecrackers were legal in San Diego there where never any fires started, that i can remember in the 70's early 80's
My favorite were flashing thunders. Basically a flying m-80!! Ka BOOOM

Old 06-20-2018, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike930 View Post
Based on your attitude, it’s a safe bet you haven’t been affected. If I’m wrong and you have been, it’s even worse. It’s plain stupidity.
The "stupidity" is the blind certainty that lighting off any fireworks, even ONES THAT ARE PERFECTLY LEGAL IN THE EXACT SAME ENVIRONMENT JUST A FEW MILES AWAY, is going to start a fire.

Take your childish little tantrum somewhere else, please.

Old 06-20-2018, 05:56 PM

3,545 posts, read 6,032,587 times
Quote:
The "stupidity" is the blind certainty that lighting off any fireworks, even ONES THAT ARE PERFECTLY LEGAL IN THE EXACT SAME ENVIRONMENT JUST A FEW MILES AWAY, is going to start a fire.

Nobody's saying there's a 100% chance they're gonna start a fire. But by the same token, there's no certainty that they *won't*, though, and if they *do* it's literally devastating. that's kinda the whole point.

Also, where are they legal in the same environment just a few miles away? Last I checked they were illegal in the state of CA except "safe and sane" ones which are sparklers and the like- not even bottle rockets- and the AZ border (which would be the closest place they might be legal) is an *entirely* different environment.

"Items that are classified as Safe and Sane include sparklers, snaps, smoke balls, fountains, snakes, and (in some cases) wheels. Items that are not classified as Safe and Sane include firecrackers, rockets, and cakes."

Old 06-20-2018, 07:24 PM

Quote:

LOL. You put half your post in CAPS and say I had a tantrum? Sorry I hurt your feelings. You going to be alright?

The whole point is illegal fireworks in an area prone to fires. Some people are just too dense or self-centered to understand that.

Let me guess (assume). You bring your dog into the supermarket and use your cell phone when you go to the movie theater.

Last edited by Mike930; 06-20-2018 at 07:46 PM..

Old 06-26-2018, 10:48 AM

1,969 posts, read 6,391,828 times
Incredibly dangerous activity around here. Plenty of public fireworks if that's your thing. Celebrate your freedom in less dangerous ways.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
View detailed profiles of: