Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2018, 03:52 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,931,342 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Do you know the way to San Jose? I've been away so long, I may be wrong?
What has this got to do with SJ????!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2018, 08:09 PM

4,294 posts, read 4,434,526 times
Unless you need to be down there for something specific there is no draw but the embarcadero IMO.

If you do need to be there you can find something to eat and maybe spend an hour walking around the Gaslamp area to say you've done it.

Bathrooms are hard to come across sometimes.

That's generally it.

Old 07-03-2018, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNYC View Post
Unless you need to be down there for something specific there is no draw but the embarcadero IMO.

If you do need to be there you can find something to eat and maybe spend an hour walking around the Gaslamp area to say you've done it.

Bathrooms are hard to come across sometimes.

That's generally it.
Guess Total Bella reality tv show on E makes Downtown San Diego look good with visitation to Dove Boutique and a restaurant in Gaslamp District.
Thanks for tips.

Old 07-03-2018, 08:29 PM

I'm staying there for 3 nights. Guess if it is not that good, I can head to Orange County/LA like Huntington Beach and Newport sooner since I'm spending the whole week in SoCal. This is absolutely not a knock on San Diego or bashing it. I'm there for my week long leisure trip.

Old 07-03-2018, 09:58 PM

5,291 posts, read 12,747,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the topper View Post
How is Downtown San Diego these days? I'll be staying in downtown in Aug.. Is it really thriving and bustling or quiet? I was there awhile ago.
Maybe you can tell us what you do in downtown San Jose that you enjoy so much and I'll let you know if you can do the same thing here.

Old 07-04-2018, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdurbanite View Post
Maybe you can tell us what you do in downtown San Jose that you enjoy so much and I'll let you know if you can do the same thing here.
Fair enough. We can go to San Pedro Sq. Market for all the food options and listen to live music. SoFA Market is a cool food hall in another part of downtown where you can eat and listen to poet writers, and they have community events where you listen to interesting people who make guests appearances at the place. We also have the Tech museum. There's the art district with galleries in one area, and they have first Friday gallery crawl every month. Basically, there are tons of art downtown. It has a lot of cafes and cool coffee places where people hang out on weekends morning or every morning basically. Cesar Chavez Park in front of Fairmont that has all kinds of activities daily where you can shoot hoops, play ping pong and etc.. Tons of beer places downtown, too. Love the cool Mission Creek beer adjacent above Whole Foods on Alameda next to SAP Center, where Sharks play and a lot of concerts are held. There are a lot Paseos/plazas and public spaces to walk around downtown . Downtown is so much fun walking everywhere. This is not bragging.

Ok, now, is Downtown San Diego is the same as described above or you can do even more there?
Can I do the same in Downtown SD and then some? Would like to know about here.

Last edited by the topper; 07-04-2018 at 01:27 AM..

Old 07-04-2018, 12:39 AM

381 posts, read 345,228 times
Don’t feed the troll!!!

Old 07-04-2018, 01:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoonman1 View Post
Don’t feed the troll!!!
Not helpful: don't post! Simple as that. Serious posters, please!

Old 07-04-2018, 01:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoonman1 View Post
Don’t feed the troll!!!
Remember: I'm coming to San Diego in Aug. So knock it off about troll. Yeah, don't feed the troll: that is Spoonman!

Old 07-04-2018, 09:43 AM

6,895 posts, read 8,945,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Do you know the way to San Jose? I've been away so long, I may be wrong?
L.A. (and S.D.) is a great big freeway
Put a hundred down and buy a car
In a week, maybe two, they'll make you a star
Weeks turn into years. How quick they pass
And all the stars that never were
Are parking cars and pumping gas
You can really breathe in San Jose
They've got a lot of space. There'll be a place where I can stay

Last edited by bloom; 07-04-2018 at 10:09 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego