Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2018, 06:54 AM

50,241 posts, read 46,997,454 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloom View Post
At 90, I get kind of sleepy, drowsy in pool, so prefer cooler including at 80 for doing laps exercise and 85 for frolicking. Let me know when you adjust.
Might be around January this year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2018, 12:41 PM

1,443 posts, read 1,567,042 times
More reason to leave and the state job may get me to escape the jungle humidity of San Diego!

https://www.10news.com/news/san-dieg...n-recent-years

Old 08-01-2018, 12:47 PM

15,128 posts, read 32,307,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mixxalot View Post
More reason to leave and the state job may get me to escape the jungle humidity of San Diego!

Did you get a job yet?

Old 08-01-2018, 03:42 PM

18,980 posts, read 32,627,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mixxalot View Post

Time for me to move back to San Diego! I LOVED the humid tropical-like weather SD would get and it sounds like it gets even more of it now along with warmer water temps.

Seriously am starting consider to move back in the next 5-7 years, will just need to make sure I have AC this time. Recently saw a job with similar pay and benefits posted at a public agency down there so it's good to know career-wise pay/benefits are comparable down there for me.

Old 08-01-2018, 10:07 PM

4,147 posts, read 2,956,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
Time for me to move back to San Diego! I LOVED the humid tropical-like weather SD would get and it sounds like it gets even more of it now along with warmer water temps.

Seriously am starting consider to move back in the next 5-7 years, will just need to make sure I have AC this time. Recently saw a job with similar pay and benefits posted at a public agency down there so it's good to know career-wise pay/benefits are comparable down there for me.
If you like humid, tropical-like weather maybe it's time to move to Houston. Most Californians think all of Texas, including Houston, is desert, but surprise! Houston is not only very affordable and a great place to find jobs, but the summers there feature Florida-like levels of heat and humidity. You'll find bayous, pine forests (yes, I said PINE forests), and swamps in Houston. The nights there are even warmer than nights in San Diego, due to the humidity. Plus, it rains often during the summer, bringing relief to hot days. Don't forget, either, that the beaches near Houston boast 85 degree waters. No snow in the winter, either.

Old 08-01-2018, 10:24 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,134,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
My pool is 90. It's absolutely PERFECT. I can float around for hours without getting chilled. Two months left of it. Yahooo.

Riding bikes at night is awesome.
Wow that's warm lol. I prefer lower 80s in my pool.

Old 08-01-2018, 10:38 PM

3,657 posts, read 2,937,139 times
How may people walk with an around when the sun wants to burn an hole in your head. Its not for little old ladies, sunstroke is serious sh@t.

Old 08-01-2018, 11:25 PM

6,893 posts, read 8,929,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
Wow that's warm lol. I prefer lower 80s in my pool.
that's what I said

Old 08-01-2018, 11:45 PM

1,443 posts, read 1,567,042 times
Maybe you guys need to move to Tampa- now that is humid as hell! I remember even late at night it being 90% humid and high dew point too.

Old 08-01-2018, 11:56 PM

5,291 posts, read 12,734,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJester View Post
If you like humid, tropical-like weather maybe it's time to move to Houston. Most Californians think all of Texas, including Houston, is desert, but surprise! Houston is not only very affordable and a great place to find jobs, but the summers there feature Florida-like levels of heat and humidity. You'll find bayous, pine forests (yes, I said PINE forests), and swamps in Houston. The nights there are even warmer than nights in San Diego, due to the humidity. Plus, it rains often during the summer, bringing relief to hot days. Don't forget, either, that the beaches near Houston boast 85 degree waters. No snow in the winter, either.
I've grown to like Houston but the beaches in Galveston are awful. Last time I was there, i was ready to jump in but couldn't bring myself to go past my knees in such murky waters. Sure, it was warm but it just looked dirty to me. Never again.

And FYI, the unemployment rate in Houston is one of highest in the Country right now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego