Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2018, 10:29 AM

18,982 posts, read 32,651,109 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBslider001 View Post
Ugh, you guys are killing me (insert crying face here). 75 degree water??!! That is a beautiful thing. Thanks for the report.
No kidding! Meanwhile here in the Bay Area: Brrr! The Bay Area's ocean temperatures are colder than Alaska's God I hate it here lol

Warmest temp I ever swam in there was 76, amazing to see 78 degree readings!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2018, 12:05 PM

9,824 posts, read 11,546,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
No kidding! Meanwhile here in the Bay Area: Brrr! The Bay Area's ocean temperatures are colder than Alaska's God I hate it here lol

Wife and kids are in Seattle right now. They called me yesterday wondering why the water is so cold there

Old 07-31-2018, 12:21 PM

3,545 posts, read 6,031,922 times
Was snorkeling at the cove yesterday evening after work, water is 75 and visibilty is 20+ feet. Will be out in front of the Marine Room today in hopes that the leopard sharks are out! Beach almost every day after work until the water gets cold again, then hiking almost every day after work until the time change (because I live in San Diego and I *can*). And then I'll just be depressed during the week until the next spring forward

I <3 summer!!!

Old 07-31-2018, 12:31 PM

4,750 posts, read 3,566,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenkay View Post
Was snorkeling at the cove yesterday evening after work, water is 75 and visibilty is 20+ feet. Will be out in front of the Marine Room today in hopes that the leopard sharks are out! Beach almost every day after work until the water gets cold again, then hiking almost every day after work until the time change (because I live in San Diego and I *can*). And then I'll just be depressed during the week until the next spring forward

I <3 summer!!!
I was just going to ask if there had been any leopard shark sightings yet.

Old 07-31-2018, 12:32 PM

6,893 posts, read 8,935,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
Wife and kids are in Seattle right now. They called me yesterday wondering why the water is so cold there
some of the lakes there are warm but they get mukkish with fowl poop etc
i now prefer the frigid glacier lakes out there, as pretty clean, but ice cold, but on a hot day,

Old 07-31-2018, 12:35 PM

6,893 posts, read 8,935,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenkay View Post

I <3 summer!!!

Late fall, all winter, early spring are some of the best times in SD area (though no skins ocean swimming) as just compare to rest of country. Also stop complaining whining too much about humidity folks as just compare to rest of country.

Old 07-31-2018, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloom View Post
Late fall, all winter, early spring are some of the best times in SD area (though no skins ocean swimming) as just compare to rest of country. Also stop complaining whining too much about humidity folks as just compare to rest of country.
Oh yeah, I do plenty of hiking/biking/etc during the non-summer months as well. But having it get dark at 5pm for a few months really puts a damper on my after-work outdoors activities (I switch to cooking, baking, canning, reading, and going to the gym after work), so if I had to pick my favorite season here (not comparing it to anywhere else) I'd still go with summer, because I can be outside recreating every single day of the week if I want to.

And I haven't complained once. I was the one on the humidity thread who said "I love this weather".

Old 07-31-2018, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TristramShandy View Post
I was just going to ask if there had been any leopard shark sightings yet.
I was out at the Marine Room a week and a half ago and didn't see any (last week's swell made the water too murky for snorkeling). Will report back after today!

Old 07-31-2018, 01:40 PM

1,082 posts, read 833,231 times
Swells....I live for them!!! I am pretty much in the water (when I live there) daily from June-March....but Sept-December is a magical time for us sliders.

Old 08-01-2018, 12:18 AM

5,291 posts, read 12,739,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post

I feel for you, sav. It's back up to 79 at Solana Beach now.

Here's video of the the Del Mar lifeguard who took a reading a few days ago when it was 80 degrees.

https://fox5sandiego.com/2018/07/26/...es-in-del-mar/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego