Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2019, 08:30 AM

3,416 posts, read 2,454,235 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBslider001 View Post
Friends keep telling me how green it is going to be when I get home this weekend. Crazy. Looking forward to it.
From neglected yards and vacant lots to all the hills, everything is green like Hawaii. The only problem is it makes that many more people want to move here when they see it. I can’t tell you how many people I’ve met over the years that were severely disappointed and/or unaware it wasn’t like this year round.

Welcome home. You must be feeling like a kid on the days leading up to Christmas and their birthday right now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2019, 10:12 AM

50,255 posts, read 47,011,154 times
Dunno, someone lands tomorrow and gets a good day of downpour and 30 knot winds they may think this is not all that.

Old 02-01-2019, 10:51 AM

3,416 posts, read 2,454,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Dunno, someone lands tomorrow and gets a good day of downpour and 30 knot winds they may think this is not all that.
That’s true for sure, but what if they were here last week for the golf tournament when it was 76F and flawless. I was out sailing on Saturday and when I saw the Goodyear blimp I could only think about everyone watching it wanting to move here. I actually have a couple friends that moved here because of watching the Buick/Farmers Open or a December Charger game back east.

Old 02-01-2019, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoSoup View Post
That’s true for sure, but what if they were here last week for the golf tournament when it was 76F and flawless. I was out sailing on Saturday and when I saw the Goodyear blimp I could only think about everyone watching it wanting to move here. I actually have a couple friends that moved here because of watching the Buick/Farmers Open or a December Charger game back east.
Thats how i got hooked. Denver blizzard sd vacation.

Old 02-02-2019, 08:45 AM

1,082 posts, read 832,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoSoup View Post
From neglected yards and vacant lots to all the hills, everything is green like Hawaii. The only problem is it makes that many more people want to move here when they see it. I can’t tell you how many people I’ve met over the years that were severely disappointed and/or unaware it wasn’t like this year round.

Welcome home. You must be feeling like a kid on the days leading up to Christmas and their birthday right now.
Thanks my friend! You know it. We stayed at a really neat little campground off the beaten path last night in Dateland, AZ. We will get to our spot in SD around 2 this afternoon. STOKED....I promise not to complain about CA for at least a week.

Old 02-02-2019, 04:40 PM

5,024 posts, read 7,572,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBslider001 View Post
Thanks my friend! You know it. We stayed at a really neat little campground off the beaten path last night in Dateland, AZ. We will get to our spot in SD around 2 this afternoon. STOKED....I promise not to complain about CA for at least a week.
I bet you're complaining now. We haven't had this much rain and wind in quite some time.

Old 02-02-2019, 05:27 PM

6,498 posts, read 7,528,555 times
This rain has been coming down consistently for about two hours in the East County. Usually the rain comes in 15-20 minute spurts and moves on but this one has been going strong for while.

Old 02-02-2019, 08:03 PM

1,082 posts, read 832,830 times
Yeah we came over the pass out of El Centro and could seethewall of clouds....it was wild. It's bee raining since we pulled in at 2 pm and POURING. I'll take it. I cannot believe how green the hillsides are.

Not sure why the print is so small.

Old 02-03-2019, 08:03 PM

987 posts, read 778,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malcorub16 View Post
This rain has been coming down consistently for about two hours in the East County. Usually the rain comes in 15-20 minute spurts and moves on but this one has been going strong for while.
I am enjoying this weather! I just cleaned all of the debris from my swimming pool, someone lost some siding because just I fished it out of my pool!

Old 02-04-2019, 05:58 AM

Argh raining 3 weekends straight. Ok, I'm over it Cabin fever that is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego