Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2020, 04:11 PM

6,882 posts, read 8,855,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malcorub16 View Post
Newsom himself said we can still take walks....I am sure a walk in the forest through the snow counts.
I think there is a distinction. Let do ocean surfing instead of walkhiking (since San Diego).

If you are in walking distance to the beach, no problem.
But I would think that driving to the beach is not allowed, as what if car breaks down and then you are stuck in some community between your home and beach, and then there is risk of spread in that case.

So, walk, but just in hood.

I do not know if this is spelled out in detail but my interpretation seems sensible?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2020, 04:22 PM

4,229 posts, read 2,126,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloom View Post
I think there is a distinction. Let do ocean surfing instead of walkhiking (since San Diego).

But I would think that driving to the beach is not allowed, as what if car breaks down and then you are stuck in some community between your home and beach, and then there is risk of spread in that case.

I do not know if this is spelled out in detail but my interpretation seems sensible?
Sounds like spin doctoring your position to me.

There's people on Nextdoor now posting/shaming people for going outside and urging to stay inside per the rules - and they don't even know there IS no such rule.

Old 03-20-2020, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekker99 View Post
Sounds like spin doctoring your position to me.

There's people on Nextdoor now posting/shaming people for going outside and urging to stay inside per the rules - and they don't even know there IS no such rule.
What. I recall a rock group in the 1990s called the Spin Doctors - if you want to buy me flowers, then go ahead now....
Rather than shame me, what is your interpretation of this specific walk vs distant-drive-to-walk issue, bud ?

Old 03-20-2020, 04:31 PM

4,229 posts, read 2,126,466 times
Like I said in the other thread -now we got the tattletales and the shamers coming out to tell us what is right and wrong.

I got my own problems to worry about.

I'll leave the worrying about what others do to you.

Old 03-20-2020, 06:54 PM

3,416 posts, read 2,412,504 times
Quote:

Well it didn’t say you couldn’t drive to take a walk unless I somehow missed that? I’ve been staying home, haven’t even been to the store in days, but I did drive to go surf today, as I did Monday and Tuesday as well. Got pretty much front row parking each time and made zero contact with anyone, and I didn’t come within 50’ of anyone getting to the water. Doesn’t get much safer than that. I guess a shark could tear into me requiring hospitalization, but if that were to happen covid19 would be the least of my worries.

I’d be more worried if I were you about people making constant trips to the store or standing in lines to get into Costco than I would someone driving to an activity for their exercise (and sanity) where they’ll have zero contact with someone. I’m not worried either about my car breaking down because that hasn’t happened since my early 20’s when I drove clunkers. If I somehow jinxed myself by saying that I guess I’d have sit in it until my wife could get me and then have it towed. It’s pretty easy to have zero contact with a tow tuck driver too.

Old 03-21-2020, 02:58 PM

50,060 posts, read 46,579,059 times
Quote:
Unfortunately, driving there would not be allowed per Governor's order. Will you comply or violate order, maybe car breaks down (hope not), and spreads disease if carrier (hope not) ?
I own firearms so I'm used to not complying.

Old 03-21-2020, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
I own firearms so I'm used to not complying.
That's nice.
I'm unsure if the orders allow this type of driving? Maybe they do as folks seem to be filling the parking lots at Point Reyes National Seashore just outside of San Francisco.
So maybe you complied.

Old 03-21-2020, 04:50 PM

50,060 posts, read 46,579,059 times
Quote:
That's nice.
I'm unsure if the orders allow this type of driving? Maybe they do as folks seem to be filling the parking lots at Point Reyes National Seashore just outside of San Francisco.
So maybe you complied.
Mt Laguna was packed with people playing in the snow.

Old 03-21-2020, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Mt Laguna was packed with people playing in the snow.
I guess within a family they were close together (fine), but hopefully social distanced between family units.
Funny, in hood here when walking, one crosses to other side of street to avoid passing by each other
Nice weather out today, as always here
Those reported young people congregating in NYC and Florida do not seem brainy

Old 03-21-2020, 10:53 PM

6,478 posts, read 7,426,528 times
I went up with my family hanging out at the hill where the SDSU telescopes are, everyone kept their distance but most people up there generally do. There were people but I've seen it way more busy on a snow weekend. The general store and restaurant at Mt Laguna were closed but they can't close the forest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego