Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-23-2020, 09:04 PM

26,593 posts, read 26,478,904 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike930 View Post
Nice try trying to paint Trump as worse. They’re all bad.
Actually, they aren't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike930 View Post
Try putting your partisanship aside for once, if that’s possible.
LOL...I voted Republican until my mid-30s. This has NOTHING to do with political parties; it's an observation about character.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2020, 09:11 PM

6,883 posts, read 8,860,936 times
^ Reagan Democrat never trumpers are principled conservatives believers of law-n-order, the Constitution, international alliances, the military (not war criminals nor calling losers and suckers and McCain Kahn not heroes). Those Blackwater pardons this week are horrific.

Old 12-23-2020, 09:19 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,237,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCSD88 View Post
You haven’t seeked help for that TDS yet? It can’t be healthy for you. If Covid doesn’t get you, this will. Geez, get over it.
Some people are beyond help and will be fretting about Trump far into the Biden years.

Old 12-23-2020, 09:23 PM

274 posts, read 315,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
Actually, they aren't.

LOL...I voted Republican until my mid-30s. This has NOTHING to do with political parties; it's an observation about character.
Wait, you found the honest or at least "not bad" politician? I've been searching for so long, I think that making a statement that they aren't all bad demands an explanation! Not sure you can name any names though, as the system as designed does not allow for talented folks of impeccable character to rise the ranks. They either get weeded out or are too smart to jump into the cesspool of politics and settle for 10x the pay in the private sector. The best to be hoped for are those who realize what the system is, and sell their soul to special interests but justify that it is necessary and for the greater good. Is that type what you meant by "not all bad"?

Old 12-23-2020, 09:41 PM

50,060 posts, read 46,605,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
Refresh my Memory what, convicted criminals while in a political office, did Obama Pardon?
I’m not happy with with Trump’s pardoning Hunter, hell I’m pissed, but I do respect that it’s the President Decision.
I think I’m more mad that, the 50th district elected another shady person over a pretty good Kid. I Truly think that the kid only wanted to do good for the district and not go to Washington to collect a check.
Sorry to rant Angry
That's odd. I don't see "cabinet" in this response. You aren't moving goal posts are you?

Old 12-23-2020, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCSD88 View Post
Some still are. It’s really amazing. Biden won and look how some act. TDS is real.
you seem triggered bro, you seem triggered

Old 12-23-2020, 10:36 PM

" The pardons of Flynn, Manafort & Stone are exponentially more corrupt than the Marc Rich pardon. They are the final step in an agreement between criminal co-conspirators where Trump bought their silence about his involvement in many things. These 3 pardons need to be challenged as unlawful and corrupt in intent (obstruction of justice) as pardon power is not absolute

Old 12-23-2020, 11:03 PM

3,416 posts, read 2,416,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
I can definitely see both sides. Obama pardoned a bunch people doing Crazy time in prison for Drug Convictions, you know, poor people. No one should get 5 Years in Jail minimum for what equates to $100 worth of Crack Rock Cocaine. Obama was Actually attempting to fix Biden and their mess with the 95 crime bill.
Trump, This dude is just pardoning Crooks, most of who he appointed to cabinet positions in some cases.
Again "it is Trump Right as President" I just don't agree with some of the people he's pardoning. They all seem like Rich entitled People.
I agree a lot of the drug sentences are out of whack, but the reality is the chances of someone getting 5 years minimum in jail over $100 of crack cocaine on their first offense is beyond slim to none? I’ve actually known a few people who’ve done hard time on drug charges, and it was far from their first offense. Honestly if you’re dumb, arrogant, or greedy enough to keep on doing it that’s on you?

If you scroll through Obama’s pardons there’s plenty of white collar crimes too? I’m in no way trying to say he’s as bad as Trump in this regard, nor am I Trump supporter, I just like to point out that they’re all corrupt and/or pander to special interests?

Old 12-24-2020, 12:39 AM

26 posts, read 14,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
It looks as if he did today. Could we expect less from this narcissistic and unethical person?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...er/ar-BB1cbT3R
I can totally picture Daddy Dunc saying to wait a day on pardoning Margaret. Make her squirm a little. After all, what is she to him? Just the mother of his grandchildren. Not like she’s his blood or anything important.

Old 12-24-2020, 07:46 AM

“Do you believe a president can lawfully issue a pardon in exchange for the recipient’s promise to not incriminate him?” a Senator asked during Barr’s January 2019 confirmation hearing. “No, that would be a crime,” Barr said in response. Barr resigned yesterday.

No American who cooperated with Russian (or Soviet) intelligence ever received a presidential pardon before this week? Trump now has 3 notches on his belt (Manafort, Roger Stone & George Papadopoulos)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego