Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2019, 06:10 PM

50,290 posts, read 47,032,885 times

Advertisements

This just got juicy. To say the very least a divorce probably already happened. It will be interesting to know how much he knew about the spending and when it started. Do you have to pay alimony if your spouse is in the big house?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2019, 09:35 AM

8,390 posts, read 7,644,416 times
Margaret Hunter's 21 page indictment is pretty damning. She's going to cooperate fully, and in her plea laid out multiple instances where she and Hunter conspired together to steal campaign donations for their personal use. She also is turning over multiple emails between herself and Hunter where they discuss stealing campaign money to pay for family expenses over a long period of time.

The indictment also indicates that they will have testimony from Hunter's chief of staff and campaign treasurer saying that they spoke to Duncan about the theft of funds many times and he did nothing about it (and, from what's in Margaret Hunter's plea, it sounds like he then told his wife to cover it up better).

A friend who is an attorney said the fact that Margaret Hunter only ended up pleading guilty to one count out of 60 and that the prosecutors asked for sentencing for Margaret Hunter that was five levels below what's normally given in a case like this is a good indication that the prosecutors feel her testimony and evidence is highly believable and valuable in their case against Hunter.

If anyone is interested in reading the indictment, here's a link to it:

https://timesofsandiego.com/wp-conte...-Agreement.pdf

After having Duke Cunningham, Duncan Hunter Sr. and Duncan Hunter Jr. back to back as congresspeople, I'm hoping that the 50th district finally ends up with a better congressperson the next time around.

Last edited by RosieSD; 06-14-2019 at 09:45 AM..

Old 06-14-2019, 05:17 PM

1,702 posts, read 1,919,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
This just got juicy. To say the very least a divorce probably already happened. It will be interesting to know how much he knew about the spending and when it started. Do you have to pay alimony if your spouse is in the big house?
Why? Do you think he was not involved or directing this scam, only her? Duncan Hunter is a scumbag, always has been.

Old 06-14-2019, 06:21 PM

447 posts, read 208,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieSD View Post
Margaret Hunter's 21 page indictment is pretty damning. She's going to cooperate fully, and in her plea laid out multiple instances where she and Hunter conspired together to steal campaign donations for their personal use. She also is turning over multiple emails between herself and Hunter where they discuss stealing campaign money to pay for family expenses over a long period of time.

The indictment also indicates that they will have testimony from Hunter's chief of staff and campaign treasurer saying that they spoke to Duncan about the theft of funds many times and he did nothing about it (and, from what's in Margaret Hunter's plea, it sounds like he then told his wife to cover it up better).

A friend who is an attorney said the fact that Margaret Hunter only ended up pleading guilty to one count out of 60 and that the prosecutors asked for sentencing for Margaret Hunter that was five levels below what's normally given in a case like this is a good indication that the prosecutors feel her testimony and evidence is highly believable and valuable in their case against Hunter.

After having Duke Cunningham, Duncan Hunter Sr. and Duncan Hunter Jr. back to back as congresspeople, I'm hoping that the 50th district finally ends up with a better congressperson the next time around.
Thanks for the info Rosie.

Here's my advice: If you and your wife are doing a crime and get caught, dont throw her under a bus because, ya know, "hell hath no fury" and all that jazz.

I've already got his prison b*ttch name "Dunkin Donut Hole."

Old 06-14-2019, 06:31 PM

3,163 posts, read 1,725,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malcorub16 View Post
The majority of the East County and the rest of the 50th loves Duncan Hunter because of what he represents (Military Vet, Pro 2nd Amendment, Pro Life, Pro tighter borders) and of course because of his dad.

These were the results of the primary, what happens if he is found guilty? Can the Republicans still have a candidate?

R-Duncan Hunter Incumbent 47.43% 69,563
D-Ammar Campa-Najjar 17.59% 25,799
R-Bill Wells 12.92% 18,951
D-Josh Butner 12.92% 18,944
D-Patrick Malloy 5.87% 8,607
R-Shamus Sayed 2.10% 3,079
NP-Richard Kahle 1.17% 1,714
That race wasn’t even close!! The whole Blue Wave bypassed that district. Who was his Dad?

Old 06-14-2019, 09:42 PM

4,539 posts, read 12,403,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopelesscause View Post
That race wasn’t even close!! The whole Blue Wave bypassed that district. Who was his Dad?
His dad was Duncan Hunter Sr., the congressman who preceded Duncan Hunter Jr. DH Jr is the topic of this thread.

Old 06-14-2019, 10:07 PM

6,893 posts, read 8,934,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieSD View Post

Ammar Campa-Najjar or Josh Butner would be winning ethical options for a public servant

Old 06-14-2019, 10:52 PM

50,290 posts, read 47,032,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffrow1 View Post
Why? Do you think he was not involved or directing this scam, only her? Duncan Hunter is a scumbag, always has been.
I normally wait for actual facts vs getting out a pitchfork based on a political bias but you do you.

Old 06-14-2019, 11:53 PM

8,390 posts, read 7,644,416 times
Quote:
I normally wait for actual facts vs getting out a pitchfork based on a political bias but you do you.
Separate from his legal issues, Duncan Jr. has done diddly for the 50th District during his time in office. I know, I live here.

And, he's just another notch in a long string.

First, we had Duke Cunningham as our "rep" - convicted for the same crime as Hunter Jr. is indicted for. Then we had Hunter Sr, a liar and con man in his own right.

And now we have Hunter Jr., who takes videos of himself hopping a fake border fence.

Who lives in a town where families lost their homes to wild fire last year, and where hundreds of families have lost their homes to wildfires in other parts of his district and yet thinks its fine and dandy that a president wants to deny wildfire victims FEMA help just because they live in California.

Who never holds public meetings with his constituents unless he's running for re-election (or facing criminal charges).

Who runs fake racist smear campaigns against his opponents.

And that's just the tip of the iceberg of Hunter's lack of concern for his constituents, and that's before we even get to his indictment on criminal charges of stealing from his own constituents/donors that he has the gall to try to spin as just politically motivated even though he is a Republican indicted under a Republican department of justice.

We've had 30+ years of liars , con men, and criminals who have done nothing for the 50th district.

Enough. It's time that we have a Congressperson who is decent and ethical and who can provide real representation in Congress for the people of the 50th district.

I don't care if that person is a Republican or a Democrat; I just want someone - finally - who I can trust is working for my interests and those of my district, and not just his own.

Period.

Last edited by RosieSD; 06-15-2019 at 12:59 AM..

Old 06-15-2019, 10:56 AM

1,702 posts, read 1,919,475 times
Quote:
"Who you gonna believe, me or your lying eyes?" Regardless of the charges the guy is a lowlife scumbag. He overdrew his bank account more than 1,100 times in a seven-year period resulting in approximately $37,761 in 'overdraft' and 'insufficient funds bank' fees. Multiple girlfriends in Washington. Showing up to work drunk. Essentially zero legislation produced in his years in congress.

Why wouldn't you look at this guy and think he is just yukking it up on our dime and we can do better?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego