Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2018, 02:23 PM

1,807 posts, read 3,968,074 times

Advertisements

I am curious if anyone has sold a car here in San Diego to Carvana? I know they're an Arizona based company, so I am curious how trustworthy they are? They offered to buy my car, but asked me to remove my plates before pick up. The plates are not personalized. I've never had to remove plates before.

I also have a loan on the car, so I want to make sure they'll pay off the lienholder. They've given me an excellent offer, so it's hard to turn it down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2018, 06:27 PM

5,024 posts, read 7,522,798 times
They get some pretty bad reviews on Yelp:
https://www.yelp.com/biz/carvana-pho...t_by=date_desc

Old 09-12-2018, 09:11 AM

381 posts, read 340,975 times
I sold one to CarMax and did reasonably well.

Old 09-12-2018, 09:19 AM

2,516 posts, read 1,676,847 times
I almost did 2 weeks ago. But their offer was less than what I thought my vehicle was worth. So I went to a local dealer and asked them trade in value and the initial offer was 500 more than Carvana's and ended up trading in my car for a thousand more than what Carvana had offered.
The tons of bad reviews scared me away from dealing with them. If you do a Google search there are quite a few websites of much more unhappy than happy customers.

Old 09-12-2018, 11:06 AM

4,523 posts, read 6,211,640 times
Happy customer here. Traded a Carvana car back to them when they delivered the new car. Love not being hassled by questionable car dealers, no wasted time, the 7 day, no questions asked return policy on a new purchase is great.

Regards
Gemstone1

Old 09-12-2018, 11:57 AM

3,285 posts, read 2,632,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joee5 View Post
I almost did 2 weeks ago. But their offer was less than what I thought my vehicle was worth. So I went to a local dealer and asked them trade in value and the initial offer was 500 more than Carvana's and ended up trading in my car for a thousand more than what Carvana had offered.
If a dealer is offering you anything close to a "fair" value on a trade-in, they're making it up somewhere else.

Let me guess... they did the four-square on you? Get out a piece of paper, draw a square divided into four smaller squares, and start putting the price of the car in one, the trade in another, monthly payment in the third, and down in the last? And when you balk at one number, they manipulate the numbers until suddenly it looks like you're getting a great deal?

The first thing I tell a car salesperson is, you start a four-square, I'm going to get up and walk out.

Old 09-12-2018, 03:32 PM

5,024 posts, read 7,522,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnojr View Post
The first thing I tell a car salesperson is, you start a four-square, I'm going to get up and walk out.
Haven't seen a four-square in a while. I have heard sex-related innuendos during an ultra high-end car sale. Something like "the last guy that bought one of these is getting so much action that he needs to keep the car in his garage for awhile." Never heard that when I was buying my VW.

Last edited by cruitr; 09-12-2018 at 04:16 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
View detailed profiles of: