Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2018, 09:35 AM

3,416 posts, read 2,455,833 times

Advertisements

Saw this coming. Looks like the squeaky wheel gets the grease again. Although it has no effect on my life, I have several good friends that will be bummed. Looks like it’s a one year suspension, but I wonder if it’ll come back? They say they’ll fight it, but my money says it’s gone for good.

Del Mar board votes to suspend fairgrounds gun show up to a year - The San Diego Union-Tribune
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2018, 09:54 AM

3,285 posts, read 2,661,913 times
It's a silly, meaningless, feel-good virtue-signalling gesture.

I haven't been to the Del Mar gun show in years... hot, crowded, expensive, no good deals, and I was spoiled by the Nations Gun Show in Dulles when I lived out there Looking forward to the Crossroads shows in Phoenix

Old 09-12-2018, 10:07 AM

9,822 posts, read 11,544,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnojr View Post
It's a silly, meaningless, feel-good virtue-signalling gesture.

I haven't been to the Del Mar gun show in years... hot, crowded, expensive, no good deals, and I was spoiled by the Nations Gun Show in Dulles when I lived out there Looking forward to the Crossroads shows in Phoenix
Agree, Agree, Agree
This solves absolutely nothing
News Flash!

There will be shooting sometime soon people, and the person doing the shooting will have been found to be, "mentally disturbed and off his/her Meds"

Old 09-12-2018, 10:15 AM

1,300 posts, read 2,024,985 times
Yeah, that's a bummer. I have been several times and bought several cans of ammo and other do-dads.

The real issue is they are going to forego revenue to make a meaningless public gesture. I would imagine it is a lot of revenue. Seems like they hold the thing several times a year and it is always packed. I hope they don't start crying in a few years about how they need to raise the prices of admission to the other shows and fair because they just can't cut it anymore.

Old 09-12-2018, 10:49 AM

5,740 posts, read 4,694,854 times
Stupid, emotional, knee-jerk decision.

I've yet to hear someone explain to me how stopping the gunshow makes the community safer? Guns are just inanimate pieces of metal. Besides, you can buy guns at many places in the area. How does closing one option down do anything?

This is just a bunch of anti-gunners who are scared of "scary, evil" guns and they would ban their sale completely if they could, if it weren't for that pesky 2nd amendment.

The community would be much, much safer if they outlawed rap concerts at the fairgrounds.

Old 09-12-2018, 12:05 PM

673 posts, read 465,835 times
Notice how they don't stop horse racing. Year before last over twenty race horses died from injuries............
But I guess they don't care about the animals. By the way, I thought the county was in charge of the Del Mar Grounds.

Guns bad, dead horses good, feel good about yourself good, second amendment bad. Clowns........

How does the gun show hurt anyone? Then ban car shows..........cars kill people all the time. Clowns......

Old 09-12-2018, 12:27 PM

50,265 posts, read 47,023,439 times
What a moron, bump stocks are banned and what the hell other ammo is out there besides soft point and FMJ? Freaking idiots.

In addition to the automatic weapons kits and crates of ammunition being sold, he saw hollow-point and armor-piercing bullets for sale.

“I don’t know if that’s illegal, but it’s wrong,” he said. Hollow-point bullets are designed to expand rapidly when they hit flesh, causing more serious wounds, and armor-piercing rounds will penetrate a police officer’s vest.

Old 09-12-2018, 12:39 PM

21,735 posts, read 16,341,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosilly View Post
Notice how they don't stop horse racing. Year before last over twenty race horses died from injuries............
But I guess they don't care about the animals. By the way, I thought the county was in charge of the Del Mar Grounds.

Guns bad, dead horses good, feel good about yourself good, second amendment bad. Clowns........

How does the gun show hurt anyone? Then ban car shows..........cars kill people all the time. Clowns......
Disclaimer: I own guns. Don’t care about banning guns. Blah blah ... etc etc.

That said: when pro-gun folks feel the need to voice opposition to anti-gun gestures, it would serve pro-gun interests best if pro-gun voices didn’t use stupid slogan-type arguments ... such as “ban cars because cars kill people.”

Cars, knives, axes, machetes, etc etc etc are ALL multi-purpose tools designed primarily to serve non-violent functions.

Guns are designed to kill. Period. That’s the difference why cars aren’t banned and some people argue guns should be.

Own your mission. Stick with valuing guns for their obvious purpose. If it is a justifiable tool - then support that. Otherwise you simply invite distracting attacks on your intellect.

Guns are for hunting and protection. Cars are for commuting and a bazillion other purposes, none of which are for killing. Let it be.

Old 09-13-2018, 02:23 PM

673 posts, read 465,835 times
"stupid slogan"?.............hey genius, cars, trucks and vans are used all the time to kill people. So, yes, the slogan not only works........but it's true. If you deny that then then reality escapes you.

The towel raps use vehicles all the time to kill. Think

Old 09-13-2018, 02:29 PM

9,822 posts, read 11,544,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post

There will be shooting sometime soon people, and the person doing the shooting will have been found to be, "mentally disturbed and off his/her Meds"
That didn't take long
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ng/1287400002/

Quote:
LOS ANGELES — A man went on a shooting rampage in one of the major cities of California's agricultural heartland Wednesday evening, killing his wife and four others before turning the gun on himself, authorities said.
While an exact motive for the killing spree was not disclosed, Lt. Mark King of the Kern County Sheriff's Office said "there's a strong indication" it was a case of domestic violence. None of the names of the victims or the deceased gunmen were released.
Gunshots rang out shortly before 5:19 p.m. when dispatchers received multiple calls about a shooting in the 600 block of Manwell Boulevard, King said. Arriving deputies found three victims, but the gunman had fled.
Fifteen minutes later, more calls came in about a shooter in the 9400 block of Breckenridge Road in Bakersfield, California, about 90 miles north of Los Angeles. There, two more victims were found — and again the suspect was gone. At 5:49 p.m., a woman said she was a carjacking victim and was able to provide a description of her vehicle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego