Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2018, 02:43 PM

5,024 posts, read 7,573,472 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slytrix View Post
The best neighborhood have side load garages.
No they don't. You still need a driveway from the front of the house.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2018, 05:11 PM

1,187 posts, read 1,328,637 times
Well I have family there brother, sister, nephew and niece and none of their homes have garages in the back.

Not sure how the conversation went this way from RN wages?

Old 11-15-2018, 02:16 PM

485 posts, read 324,271 times
To the OP: I know this must be frustrating and I totally understand because I'm priced-out here as well so you're not alone. For now, try to enjoy the positives of La Quinta ~ weather should be great this time of year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slytrix View Post
Well I have family there brother, sister, nephew and niece and none of their homes have garages in the back.
I believe you, Slytrix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruitr View Post
1. McKinney isn't quite in the Dallas metroplex. Its' sort of like the Ramona of San Diego.

I've lived in a lot of major cities and did business all over the country. Dallas is the only city where 'most' of the homes have rear-facing garages with entry from an alley. I really like the clean-look of rear facing garages. I was in Dallas last year and the new construction I looked at had rear facing garages.
Ramona has a population of 20k residents ~ McKinney has over 150k residents.

I've been to McKinney once, seemed like the typical Texas suburban city with many subdivisions, restaurants, shopping and office buildings. I've never seen any new and modern mid-rise glass office buildings in Ramona like I did in McKinney. Seemed more like a Carlsbad (112k residents, btw) than a Ramona. JMO.

https://www.google.com/maps/@33.1919...2!8i6656?hl=en

As for the garages ... maybe its a Texas thing.

Here's a Dallas home with garage up front: https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...4_M88690-46816

Old 11-15-2018, 08:02 PM

9,525 posts, read 30,473,115 times
Suburban Texas is just like inland north county SD without the canyons. Strip malls, cookie cutter housing, boulevards and freeways. Small office parks and even some light industrial. Also see Vegas, Phoenix, and large portions of Denver

Old 11-16-2018, 02:00 PM

25 posts, read 20,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruitr View Post

There are parts of old SD with rear-facing garages (Point Loma comes to mind) but I don't think I've seen any 90s and newer construction with rear-facing garages. Ooops... a place just came to me. Liberty Station has alleys and rear-facing garages.

There are several areas down in Otay Ranch - some built within the last 20, some the last 5 years and some still being built - that have rear-facing garages that open to alleys.

Old 11-16-2018, 02:14 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,392,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dak3 View Post
There are several areas down in Otay Ranch - some built within the last 20, some the last 5 years and some still being built - that have rear-facing garages that open to alleys.
Works with smaller lots.

Old 11-16-2018, 02:44 PM

25 posts, read 20,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
Works with smaller lots.
Ya I always associated rear-facing/alley garages with smaller houses and lots...but those Texas houses are definitely changing my opinion on that. Maybe just in California that's the case?

Old 11-16-2018, 04:27 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,392,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dak3 View Post
Ya I always associated rear-facing/alley garages with smaller houses and lots...but those Texas houses are definitely changing my opinion on that. Maybe just in California that's the case?
IN CA yes, but also in other States. I have just seen more in CA. The population numbers may have a bearing. However land scarcity is driving builders to build even 3 story homes on small lots.

Old 11-25-2018, 08:22 PM

2 posts, read 1,318 times
Oh man... What no one in this entire thread has mentioned is the idea of possibly earning more money? Hate to sound like a dick but if you want something what about "earning" it instead of bitching about how you can't afford it? There's alot of rare maybach's and limited run Maserati's that I want and I wasn't aware that I just could complain my way into them... ? Should San Diego simply give you a beach front estate because you want one? Does anyone that wants more have the requirement of working their ass off and being successful? Is there Anything wrong with being the best? ..... Sheesh....

Old 11-25-2018, 08:28 PM

30,896 posts, read 36,949,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankyboysmith View Post
Oh man... What no one in this entire thread has mentioned is the idea of possibly earning more money? Hate to sound like a dick but if you want something what about "earning" it instead of bitching about how you can't afford it? There's alot of rare maybach's and limited run Maserati's that I want and I wasn't aware that I just could complain my way into them... ? Should San Diego simply give you a beach front estate because you want one? Does anyone that wants more have the requirement of working their ass off and being successful? Is there Anything wrong with being the best? ..... Sheesh....
If the supply of homes is constantly outpaced by demand, fewer and fewer people will be able to afford to buy them. It's a big picture, structural problem. Any given individual might be able to fix their situation, but the populace as a whole will not be. That's exactly what's happened with home ownership in CA. Fewer and fewer people can afford it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego