Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2018, 12:58 PM

329 posts, read 1,028,564 times

Advertisements

It's weird...that such prime real estate is full of trailer parks which you can see from I-5. Do you think there will ever be plans to raze these undesirable areas to build more attractive communities?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2018, 01:03 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,382,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by destroycreate View Post
It's weird...that such prime real estate is full of trailer parks which you can see from I-5. Do you think there will ever be plans to raze these undesirable areas to build more attractive communities?
You mean destroy the homes people now live in so richer people can enjoy a home?????

Old 12-25-2018, 01:43 PM

5,024 posts, read 7,569,720 times
Quote:
Since you can see them from I-5, you're probably talking about the De Anza Cove area. If you look real close, those mobile homes are vacant and in disrepair. That area is owned by the City of SD will be scraped by the city in 2019.

The big question is what to do with that prime land. I'd love to see a 5-star resort built there. However, the City of SD is governed by some very restrictive and enforceable CC&Rs (land use restrictions) with regard to the commercial use of Mission Bay. The city has reached it's limit when it comes to commercial use of the land around Mission Bay.

The best De Anza Cove will become is an extension of the golf course located on the north side of Mission Bay Drive. The middle option is a public park with sandy beaches. The worst is the land will be turned back to it's original state of swampy marshland.

My information may be a little dated but you won't see a resort or McMansions built on that land.

Old 12-25-2018, 05:40 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,382,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruitr View Post
Since you can see them from I-5, you're probably talking about the De Anza Cove area. If you look real close, those mobile homes are vacant and in disrepair. That area is owned by the City of SD will be scraped by the city in 2019.

The big question is what to do with that prime land. I'd love to see a 5-star resort built there. However, the City of SD is governed by some very restrictive and enforceable CC&Rs (land use restrictions) with regard to the commercial use of Mission Bay. The city has reached it's limit when it comes to commercial use of the land around Mission Bay.

The best De Anza Cove will become is an extension of the golf course located on the north side of Mission Bay Drive. The middle option is a public park with sandy beaches. The worst is the land will be turned back to it's original state of swampy marshland.

My information may be a little dated but you won't see a resort or McMansions built on that land.
Ahh, if empty and bought out by the City I hope they build something nice and accessible by everyone, not just homes for those with a lot of money.

Old 12-25-2018, 07:01 PM

13 posts, read 15,512 times
Quote:
It was the original del webb retirement community! Man you sound like a money hungry developer! I rather have a trailer park there then high rise condos! F that! San Diego is build up enough. You don't live there do you? Why is it unattractive? They look pretty well kept to me and they are usually lower in height than a normal house so everyone driving own the 5 can still see the water.

I'd be pissed too if I lived in a house on the other side of the 5 and they decided to throw up your condo!

DUDE, people live in those trailers, don't be an elitist punk! Everyone needs a roof over their heads not high rise condos for rich d-bags!

Old 12-25-2018, 07:32 PM

2,360 posts, read 1,436,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatca View Post
you mean destroy the homes people now live in so richer people can enjoy a home?????
+1

Old 12-25-2018, 07:57 PM

6,420 posts, read 11,590,117 times
Mission Bay is not "full" of trailer parks. There's an RV resort Campland by the Bay. There's one other former trailer park that is on city land, and had a long-term (decades long) lease on the land. Recently that lease expired and the city decided it wanted to reclaim it's land. Some of the long-term residents of that park didn't think the city was dealing fairly with them, and that trailer park is now mainly decimated.

If you've only seen those two parts of Mission Bay then you haven't seen Mission Bay.

Old 12-25-2018, 08:02 PM

15,128 posts, read 32,304,389 times
People were paid to move out of their mobile homes. I know of two people that relocated out of San Diego with the money.

Old 12-25-2018, 11:49 PM

4,537 posts, read 12,396,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruitr View Post

I believe this area is near the outfall of Rose Canyon Creek, and therefore the decision has been made to return it to its natural state as swampy marshland.

Old 12-26-2018, 08:42 AM

9,525 posts, read 30,463,921 times
San Diego was mostly developed as a vacation and retirement destination, following the Florida / Los Angeles development pattern. So there are a lot of hold over land uses that don't make much sense anymore, like trailer parks in prime locations, cheap motels, golf courses everywhere and low-density land use in the urban core,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego