U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2008, 09:34 AM

4 posts, read 8,622 times

Advertisements

Hello all,

I just got back from a trip to San Diego and absolutely fell in love with it, and interested in re-locating there. I am a 24 year old male, graduated from college last year with a BS/MS, and just began working about 6 months ago with a new company. I was born and raised in New York, and returned here to work after attending college in Virginia. I am not a typical New Yorker and would love to move to the West Coast where they are much more laid back and laxed. With all that being said I am seeking help on what neighborhoods/sections of San Diego would be good for me. Below are some requriements that I am looking for:

1) Location where I am surrounded by others my age group (20-40), young professionals, younger families.
2) Located within a reasonable driving distance (30 min. or less) to downtown San Diego during rush hour.
3) Good public school system for possibly when I start raising a family.
4) Low crime rate.
5) Good nightlife, good shopping.
6) Not a high risk area for wildfires.
7) Affordable price for someone that wants to buy a condo/townhome and can afford payments on approx. $60K salary.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2008, 09:43 AM

227 posts, read 774,699 times
Another Hokie here...check out my thread from last week as it has some good information in there. I am also considering moving to SD.

Old 04-10-2008, 07:32 PM

490 posts, read 1,467,099 times
some hip funky 'hoods are North Park, Hillcrest, Little Italy, East Village (both downtown) , South Park, Normal Heights. Beach areas to consider would be Pacific Beach (college vibe) & Mission Beach.

Old 04-11-2008, 06:22 PM

10 posts, read 28,447 times
Default Best Place to Live in SD

If you are interested in being 10 minutes from Downtown, 5 minutes from the beach, and one minute from the bay.... Check out Pacific Beach. I live in Crown Point. I just bought a house in Point Loma which is similar but PB is more hip and everything is here.

Plus If you want to meet some girls.. Garnet St.... Enough said..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
View detailed profiles of: