Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2019, 11:02 AM

243 posts, read 228,510 times

Advertisements

Hey guys I’m actually about to move companies and I’ve found one of the best in my area and coincidentally they also have a branch down in Chula Vista. Been talking about moving for awhile now with my buddy who lives down there and I really want to make the move.

Assuming I could get the transfer and have the job before I get down there what would be your estimated commute times early in the morning around 6 to the location and in the afternoon around 4-6 back to the city proper ?

Can you give me estimations for the major areas of the city ?

Ex

Downtown

Pacific beach

Hill crest

North park ( I think it’s called ? )

Etc

Thanks

It’s the Técnico plant btw if anyone needs the exact address
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2019, 11:15 AM

3,416 posts, read 2,452,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dg628 View Post
Hey guys I’m actually about to move companies and I’ve found one of the best in my area and coincidentally they also have a branch down in Chula Vista. Been talking about moving for awhile now with my buddy who lives down there and I really want to make the move.

Assuming I could get the transfer and have the job before I get down there what would be your estimated commute times early in the morning around 6 to the location and in the afternoon around 4-6 back to the city proper ?

Can you give me estimations for the major areas of the city ?

Ex

Downtown

Pacific beach

Hill crest

North park ( I think it’s called ? )

Etc

Thanks

It’s the Técnico plant btw if anyone needs the exact address
My wife works in Bonita which is right next door and technically Bonita Rd is Chula Vista, but it took her 25-35 min from Pacific Beach. We were down by the coast and this was during normal rush hour. We’re in east county now and the time is a bit shorter, but a lot less hectic. If you’re just moving here you want to be in one of the neighborhoods listed, not where we are now, unless you plan on settling down and starting a family.

Old 01-09-2019, 11:59 AM

587 posts, read 443,142 times
My daughter commutes from the Crown Point area of PB to Otay Ranch (eastern Chula Vista) and it takes her 30 minutes to get to work and home. The good thing about this commute is she is always going opposite of the traffic.

Old 01-09-2019, 12:49 PM

5,024 posts, read 7,570,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoSoup View Post
My wife works in Bonita which is right next door and technically Bonita Rd is Chula Vista, but it took her 25-35 min from Pacific Beach. We were down by the coast and this was during normal rush hour. We’re in east county now and the time is a bit shorter, but a lot less hectic. If you’re just moving here you want to be in one of the neighborhoods listed, not where we are now, unless you plan on settling down and starting a family.
I always thought Bonita was a city. It's not. It's unincorporated SD County and not a part of SD City or Chula Vista. You learn something new every day.

To the OP... you can live anywhere in Central SD and have a relatively easy commute to the the Técnico plant in Chula Vista.

Depending on your work schedule, I-805 could be a problem. I-805 North is a parking lot in the morning. I-805 South is a parking lot in the afternoon.

Old 01-09-2019, 01:01 PM

9,820 posts, read 11,536,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaJollaEast View Post
My daughter commutes from the Crown Point area of PB to Otay Ranch (eastern Chula Vista) and it takes her 30 minutes to get to work and home. The good thing about this commute is she is always going opposite of the traffic.
This^^^

Traffic will be reverse Commute

Old 01-09-2019, 03:59 PM

1,300 posts, read 2,024,291 times
I think Tecnico is right off the 805 down by Main Street. This is the southernmost part of Chula. If you end up living off the 805 in North Park you could make it a straight shot. Sub 30 minutes. You'll be going against border traffic. When you start having to switch freeways, for instance: going from the 5 to the 54 to 805- that's when time on the road starts adding up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego