Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2009, 05:06 PM

1,061 posts, read 3,583,438 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buburuza 1313 View Post
i saw cheaper houses too..on craigslist...like this one in poway:
A MUST SEE! STUNNING 4 BEDROOM 2 BATH 2006 MANUFACTURED HOME!! (http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/reb/1356584009.html - broken link)

BEAUTIFUL 3 BEDROOM 2 BATH MANUFACTURED HOME! OVER 1350 SQ/FT! (http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/reb/1358928921.html - broken link)

what is wrong with this houses?
i heart from somebody who lives in san diego there are many,many foreclosures..so if you really want a cheaper house,you can find it...

here around napa for example...in our community houses used to be around one million or more...they are rented now for around 2,2500 and they are sold for around 750000,4 brdm...and the same happened around napa different locations...prices fall incredible and they continue to fall,you can find houses in all prices hier,the seller are desperate to sell..many ,many foreclosures...
You will not enjoy living in that "manufactured home" park, based on all your posts so far. My house in Temecula that I rent for $1350 per month is in a neighborhood 100 times nicer than that area. Trust me....my husband works for the City of Poway with Development Services and Code Enforcement. That is not the "neighborhood" you are looking for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2009, 05:10 PM

187 posts, read 636,167 times
we do not have trailer parks in germany..or at least i do not know about it..is it bad living there?before i pay too much rent,i would prefer to buy and live in such a trailer park (if it is safe),if i can not afford something else..why not?

and the post was not about ME (altghough i wrote I) live there...it was about the person ,who wrote he earns only 85000...i was just thinking,he could buy and live in something like this..

fortunately i have another situation..thanks God..but i could survive in any situation,if i had a worse material situation...i would never live over my posibilities and would still be happy with less...

Old 09-10-2009, 05:18 PM

39 posts, read 174,107 times
$85,000k and can only afford to live in a trailer park???

I wonder how those family of 4 (two young kids) makes $29K per survive in SD then...

Old 09-10-2009, 05:26 PM

15,129 posts, read 32,326,222 times
County assistance.

Old 09-10-2009, 07:22 PM

1,538 posts, read 1,483,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scratchNsniff View Post
The earlier posts were from 2006, so it was quite a different picture back then as compared to today.

My reply was to someone who just bumped the thread up yesterday and commented that $85k is "scraping by". I assume she meant for buying since $85k has always been plenty to afford a nice rental.

Now that some sanity has returned to the market, buying makes sense in many situations.

The OP could have easily rented a nice place in 2006, but buying then would have been insane.

Old 09-14-2009, 08:02 AM

1,868 posts, read 5,681,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dweej View Post
It's crazy to read posts from back in 2006- people advocating "creative financing", suggesting that you just sell or refinance once your ARM adjusts. Simple as that, right? Wow. How the market has changed since then!
I wasn't advocating creative financing....I was saying don't do it back in 2006 which is when this thread started. Yeah...lol...look how things have changed!

Old 09-14-2009, 09:25 AM

9,526 posts, read 30,477,668 times
85k is still scraping by for a family or a homeowner.

Old 09-14-2009, 10:17 AM

12 posts, read 21,202 times
Default 80K in SD

I found this thread quite interesting as my wife and I have been discussing the same things for the past year. We have lived in San Diego for many years (my wife was born here), spent time in New York, Texas and several years in Hawaii. I am making around 80K now and all we can afford for housing is to rent a 2 bedroom condo. We are a family of 4 trying to stretch one income. We did choose to stay by the coast which has our rent around 1,850 per month but after months of research all we would save is a couple hundred bucks a month if we moved inland and the trade-offs are not worth that little difference for us. Our kids are safer and the schools are better. As far as "making it" on 80K per year....this all depends on situations. I know people whose parents set them up with a home years ago and have no payments of any kind...these folks will do fine with 80K. I know others who are single....they too will be fine. However, when you are talking about families with 80K in San Diego they will struggle no matter where they live unless they just rent forever.

We are tired of renting and throwing away money each month. Take it from us, 80K doesn't go as far as people might think here in San Diego. We are strongly considering a move out of state for this very reason. San Diego is a wonderful place to live and weather is awesome which no one will dispute....however, it is an extremely difficult place to raise a family as most folks here are so stressed out about money it takes away the enjoyment of living here. Just our 2 cents.

Old 09-15-2009, 01:06 PM

217 posts, read 640,380 times
i too, sunrise, found this thread very interesting. i would LOVE to move to San Diego, live in Texas right now, I have no problem with "throwing away money" on rent as it also means i don't have to "throw away money" on repairs. However, my family is just me, a guy, and pets. i would move in a heartbeat if i could get a job for 80K - which is a little more than I make in texas, but the "average temperature of 80" here is like 20 in the winter and 140 in the summer (yeah i'm exagerating, but that is what it FEELS LIKE!) And to be able to say "a wonderful place to live" would be so refreshing! Here, I have extra money after i pay rent, and nowhere to spend it without driving to Houston! But I will never have children, so buying just doesn't mean anything to me..... who would i leave it to when i got it paid for - the dog?

Old 09-15-2009, 01:43 PM

1,061 posts, read 3,583,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kixette View Post
i too, sunrise, found this thread very interesting. i would LOVE to move to San Diego, live in Texas right now, I have no problem with "throwing away money" on rent as it also means i don't have to "throw away money" on repairs. However, my family is just me, a guy, and pets. i would move in a heartbeat if i could get a job for 80K - which is a little more than I make in texas, but the "average temperature of 80" here is like 20 in the winter and 140 in the summer (yeah i'm exagerating, but that is what it FEELS LIKE!) And to be able to say "a wonderful place to live" would be so refreshing! Here, I have extra money after i pay rent, and nowhere to spend it without driving to Houston! But I will never have children, so buying just doesn't mean anything to me..... who would i leave it to when i got it paid for - the dog?
For you, S.D. might just be the perfect place!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego