Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2007, 04:33 PM

47 posts, read 369,363 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltFall View Post
I agree with this guy! It is funny how theres no blog on how "LA is better than San Diego" because theres no need to convince anybody!! on the other hand people from San Diego aka "Most boring city next to St. Louis" try to convince people to come to San "*****".

Me too! It's so true! LA doesn't need to convince anyone how it's better then SD but SD is always trying to convince people that's it's better. SD is a pile of boringness and I cannot wait to leave and either move to LA, SF or NYC.

SD is nothing.

Old 06-28-2007, 05:15 PM

840 posts, read 6,516,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tea Tea View Post
THANK YOU! LA is more for the creative people. San Diego is more for the beach bums. It's too slow. No one is moving forward. The majority of the people lack basic knowledge more. LA has more immigrants from around the world, lots of British, Aussies etc so they're more educated with that. San Diego i've met many people who cannot tell the difference between England and France. San Diego is very slow in a lot of things, the way people drive, asking for assistance etc Very short attention spans. There's not much to do unless you like the beach and commerical night clubs where most people just go there for a quick shag.
Slow? How so? I used to think that sitting in traffic for 2 hours on any freeway in L.A. is slow. They drive about the same when things are going smoothly.

There are people in the L.A. forum saying how their downtown is dead at night because it's a business district.

Saying L.A. has more immigrants is like saying L.A. has more people. SD has it's share of immigrants. Have you ever heard of City Heights (the Ellis Island of San Diego)? How about Oceanside? Last I heard, Oceanside is home to the largest Somoan population outside American Somoa.

So what if radio stations promote things in TJ? It's technically part of the metro so I don't see a problem.

To the person who said it doesn't matter if you're from North County, East, South or downtown, it's all the same... yeah, I'm sure I've seen some kind of beach and a skyline somewhere out in East County. LOL

Old 06-28-2007, 05:59 PM

5,291 posts, read 12,740,852 times
I just love reading about native San Diegans who have moved on to bigger and badder cities when they grow up. I'd be more impressed with your tales if you moved overseas...not to LA, which is just 2 hours north of here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beks78 View Post
The nightlife over here is insane and theres sooo much to do!!
Really? How insane? Last I checked, last call in LA is also 1:45am just like it is in the rest of the state. You make it sound like it's a 24/7 party when you and I know it isn't. I've driven down Sunset Blvd. after the bars close and it's a traffic jam with people going home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beks78 View Post
It's hilarious how they have a blog on "whether San Diego is better than LA"!! but not one for "LA being better than San Diego". Obviously people from LA and everywhere else know Los Angeles is better and they dont have to post blogs to convince themselves!!
Did you even notice that the original poster of this thread isn't even from San Diego? No San Diegan would even try to make a comparison between SD to LA. SD is more comparable to Portland and Vancouver, anyways.

People in LA love to talk about how it's a World Class city, right? Then let's compare LA to other World Class cities and see how it fares.....hmmm....Paris, NYC, Tokyo, Hong Kong, London, etc. I've been to all of them and they all make LA feel like San Diego...which in your eyes is boring.

LA is a great neighbor to have, but it is SO overrated in every way and disappoints many who go there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltFall
Its funny how radio stations like Z90.3, 93.3 and Blazin98.9 promote events happening in TJ or Rosarito but hardly ever in San Diego! LOL!! Obviously San Diego has nothing!
It's great that you refer to the ghetto stations in town. Can't argue with you here, LA is definitely more ghetto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tea Tea
The majority of the people lack basic knowledge more. LA has more immigrants from around the world, lots of British, Aussies etc so they're more educated with that.
The funny thing about this is that there is a much higher percentage of educated people living in SD County than LA. Check your facts before you make assumptions

Last edited by sdurbanite; 06-28-2007 at 06:14 PM..

Old 06-29-2007, 10:04 AM

2,404 posts, read 3,948,874 times
Quote:
LA < Paris, NYC, Tokyo, Hong Kong, London
Word sdurbanite, my thoughts exactly. LA and SD are two different classes of cities, apples and oranges but still fruits.

Old 06-29-2007, 10:25 AM

840 posts, read 6,516,145 times
I think we've exhausted all points that can be made for this discussion. I don't think it needs to go on any further in my opinion.

Old 06-29-2007, 11:12 AM

9,527 posts, read 30,480,690 times
Agreed, I am going to close this thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego