Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2019, 10:37 AM

15,129 posts, read 32,326,222 times

Advertisements

You're not even a regular poster on here, either, so why should we provide you with any information? You're just being nosy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2019, 02:09 PM

811 posts, read 622,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moved View Post
You're not even a regular poster on here, either, so why should we provide you with any information? You're just being nosy.
Regular poster? I didn’t know that was mandatory to ask a simple question here?

Nosy? I’m far too apathetic and lazy to be nosy. And I certainly have no intentions of conducting my own survey so please don’t post your information.

Much like I’m curious as to what makes people seek wise counsel from total strangers who have no vested personal interest in their lives, I’m curious if a particular socio economic demographic is attracted to CD.

Thanks.

Old 10-12-2019, 02:17 PM

42 posts, read 36,131 times
There's a very long thread in the Economics subforum "Personal Finance" that may interest you: CD Financial Demographics

Old 10-12-2019, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unlabeled View Post
There's a very long thread in the Economics subforum "Personal Finance" that may interest you: CD Financial Demographics
Perfect!

Thank you very much.

Old 10-16-2019, 08:35 AM

3,396 posts, read 2,804,642 times
What was the purpose of this thread?

Old 10-16-2019, 09:59 AM

15,129 posts, read 32,326,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoastbias View Post
Nosiness.

Old 10-23-2019, 05:29 AM

Quote:
EZ-PZ:

CD is best described as a social media site where anonymous people can offer their opinions on a variety of topics. Fascinating laboratory to see how people use their time and where they fall in the socio-economic food chain.

Just think if people used all of that time to work or serve others.

Old 10-23-2019, 08:48 AM

3,396 posts, read 2,804,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elna Rae View Post
EZ-PZ:

CD is best described as a social media site where anonymous people can offer their opinions on a variety of topics. Fascinating laboratory to see how people use their time and where they fall in the socio-economic food chain.

Just think if people used all of that time to work or serve others.
So if one is on here more often than someone else they aren't as economically well off or they aren't using their time to work or serve others. Did you ever think maybe they are so filthy rich (financially) they can waste time on here giving and receiving advice. Or maybe they are multitasking mavens capable of typing, talking, chewing gum and drinking coffee at the same time.

The reality is social media has created isolation. People use social media as a communication tool and as a key way of advancing relationships whether personally or professionally. Some of this use of social media may actually positively impact someone personally and financially whether directly or indirectly. I am 39 when I was 19 we didn't the kind of information easily at our disposal with this advantage comes with the slew of misinformation. It pays to be intelligent enough to decide what is right and wrong what is opinion and what is fact and how I can use the right information to impact my life.

So again I'm still curious what is the purpose of this thread?

Old 10-24-2019, 01:56 AM

5,024 posts, read 7,575,311 times
Quote:

So again I'm still curious what is the purpose of this thread?
demographics = statistical data relating to the population and particular groups within it.

The OP is looking for income information about people in the area. For example, if I were selling Ferrari's I'd be looking for high-income areas of San Diego to look for buyer leads.

Old 10-24-2019, 06:40 AM

Quote:
So if one is on here more often than someone else they aren't as economically well off or they aren't using their time to work or serve others. Did you ever think maybe they are so filthy rich (financially) they can waste time on here giving and receiving advice. Or maybe they are multitasking mavens capable of typing, talking, chewing gum and drinking coffee at the same time.

The reality is social media has created isolation. People use social media as a communication tool and as a key way of advancing relationships whether personally or professionally. Some of this use of social media may actually positively impact someone personally and financially whether directly or indirectly. I am 39 when I was 19 we didn't the kind of information easily at our disposal with this advantage comes with the slew of misinformation. It pays to be intelligent enough to decide what is right and wrong what is opinion and what is fact and how I can use the right information to impact my life.

So again I’m still curious what is the purpose of this thread?
“so filthy rich they can waste time...”
You’ve nailed it; I’m confident that’s what’s going on here! Lol.

It would be a fool’s errand to take a poll here and ask worker bees to objectively calculate how much time they rob from their employers with social media. I’m confident the stats would be staggering.

You keep asking what the purpose of the thread is...
I’m not sure how many different ways there are to ask the question: “What kind of individual uses City Data?”
As an employer, I would like to know this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego