Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2019, 01:10 PM

9,525 posts, read 30,465,926 times

Advertisements

North side of Fletcher in Fletcher Hills is mostly 1M homes territory, very nice area, it is buffered from the bad parts of El Cajon by a big hill, an airport and an industrial park. The bad part of El Cajon is basically all the flats at the bottom of the valley. South side of Fletcher is another good option, it is not as well-kept as the north side and much of it is in La Mesa. There are also some nice homes in the neighborhoods off of Severin near Grossmont High as well. I'm not a big fan of Santee due to the additional heat and there just aren't really any "nice" areas there, it's mostly workforce-type housing that would be fine for 300-400k but now that it's pushing 600k I just don't think so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2019, 01:44 AM

432 posts, read 284,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassberto View Post
North side of Fletcher in Fletcher Hills is mostly 1M homes territory, very nice area, it is buffered from the bad parts of El Cajon by a big hill, an airport and an industrial park. The bad part of El Cajon is basically all the flats at the bottom of the valley. South side of Fletcher is another good option, it is not as well-kept as the north side and much of it is in La Mesa. There are also some nice homes in the neighborhoods off of Severin near Grossmont High as well. I'm not a big fan of Santee due to the additional heat and there just aren't really any "nice" areas there, it's mostly workforce-type housing that would be fine for 300-400k but now that it's pushing 600k I just don't think so.
Thanks doing inspection on La mesa tomorrow and I hope all goes well. They were in escrow for 580k 2 weeks ago were in for 545k if everything checks out. I did see some plumbing problems and of course another older roof so well ask for credit and see what happens. We really loved el cajon I can't get over that home but it wasn't the one with so much foundation issues we'd be wiped out.

Old 11-13-2019, 07:16 AM

3,392 posts, read 2,800,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadsuper55 View Post
Thanks doing inspection on La mesa tomorrow and I hope all goes well. They were in escrow for 580k 2 weeks ago were in for 545k if everything checks out. I did see some plumbing problems and of course another older roof so well ask for credit and see what happens. We really loved el cajon I can't get over that home but it wasn't the one with so much foundation issues we'd be wiped out.
Re: Plumbing - is it cast iron pipes? If the plumbing issue is unknown A jetting service may help. It’s an issue spotter and can also resolve problems- it should actually be part of maintenance but most folks do not keep up with it

If you are doing a roof- I may have mentioned this before - go solar you would need to set up the finance plan before 12/31- 30% tax credit this year but it drops next year.

Old 11-13-2019, 04:52 PM

9,820 posts, read 11,536,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadsuper55 View Post
Nice

So you're the reason why it's in escrow so fast, smart.

As far as the plumbing goes, hopefully everything has been update since the house was built. should be ABS and Copper pipping all the way to the street. The City of La Mesa still has Cast iron Pipes in the Streets, and some older homes still have cast iron pipes in the house

Helix Water District is slowly changing out all of the cast iron under ground, a little at a time.

Old 11-13-2019, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoastbias View Post
Re: Plumbing - is it cast iron pipes? If the plumbing issue is unknown A jetting service may help. It’s an issue spotter and can also resolve problems- it should actually be part of maintenance but most folks do not keep up with it

If you are doing a roof- I may have mentioned this before - go solar you would need to set up the finance plan before 12/31- 30% tax credit this year but it drops next year.
Thanks again for the solar information. There's a leak in the crawl space which I will be getting looked at in the next week. I will ask for more credit to repair the leaks and the roof which I was told can be repaired for around $600 but as far as needing a new roof I will speak with the inspector tomorrow. I'm not having good luck with roofs so far or foundation for that matter. If I don't get the credit I will probably cancel

Old 11-13-2019, 10:09 PM

Hopefully found a few issues I will be asking for credit for so we'll see what happens

Old 11-13-2019, 10:11 PM

Yes we're in escrow now hopefully things go my way with the home
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego