Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2020, 11:06 AM

10,609 posts, read 5,648,891 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJester View Post
I thought SoCal drivers were aggressive. But try driving in and around Vegas. Outside of Vegas on the I-15, even BIG RIG TRUCKS drive at 80 mph!
Going northbound out of Las Vegas -- all the way to the Nevada/Arizona state line -- I think the posted speed limit is 75 mph. Once in Utah, the posted speed limit is 80 mph for most of the way up to Salt Lake City, with a few drops to 75 here and there because of small towns or down to 65 for a curvy stretch of mountain road.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2020, 12:58 PM

5,741 posts, read 4,699,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey73 View Post
Yes, cars are much safer than they were in the past. But the laws of physics haven't changed. You still need a minimum space between you and the cars in front and back of you. That way, when the a**hole doing a 5 lane slide at 85mph to get to his exit inevitably wrecks, you have enough buffer to not become part of the pile up. I'm amazed that so many drivers who have no idea of how long it takes to stop 3500 pound car moving at 70+mph.

The speed limit doesn't need to go up. Drivers need to slow down. The time one saves getting to their destination by excessive speed is not worth the exponentially higher chance of a collision that likely will injure a good driver and innocent passengers who don't have their heads stuck in their proverbial orifice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Yup. +1
Get off my lawn!!!!!!!

Old 02-16-2020, 07:42 PM

21,736 posts, read 16,350,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxlrod View Post
Get off my lawn!!!!!!!
Lol

Old 02-17-2020, 07:01 AM

1,082 posts, read 833,379 times
Quote:
Get off my lawn!!!!!!!
Hahahahahaha....perfect.

Old 02-17-2020, 10:39 AM

3,396 posts, read 2,804,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBslider001 View Post
Easy there killer. Yes, out of staters...in other language, the large influx of people form other states adding their driving habits to the current culture. Sure, cell phones are a huge no-no. Lackof courtesy while driving covers a multitude of sins.

Anyways, nothing will change it. It is what it is.
Those dang Out of state speeders are to blame. It all started when San Diego became this magnet for East Coasters.

Not upset at all actually- I just think there is plenty of blame to pass around and other toxic driving behavior that we leave out because some Over sensitive drivers in the far left lane from SF, Fresno, Cleveland, Biloxi, etc. getting buzzed on the right by some maniac going 80. How dare they!!!

If you are a model driver bravo not talking about you - but Just don’t focus on one Aspect of driving while breaking other rules of the road.

“Nothing will change it?”

I can pay for moving violations and I can pay for increased car insurance. Do I want to? Heck no, so if I’m driving 125 N by Grossmont College I’m not hitting 75-80. I know the police are out over there. Ive witnessed enough well patrolled areas where less stupidity takes place not uncommon to see turn signals, slow drivers don’t happen, drivers going too fast and distracted road behaviors don’t happen often.

Old 02-17-2020, 01:03 PM

50,289 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RationalExpectations View Post
Going northbound out of Las Vegas -- all the way to the Nevada/Arizona state line -- I think the posted speed limit is 75 mph. Once in Utah, the posted speed limit is 80 mph for most of the way up to Salt Lake City, with a few drops to 75 here and there because of small towns or down to 65 for a curvy stretch of mountain road.
People towing to and from the desert routinely tow at over 70 mph. Try towing at 55, which is the speed limit to tow legally, and you'll have big rigs riding you.

Old 02-17-2020, 06:51 PM

2,774 posts, read 902,658 times
Quote:
Get off my lawn!!!!!!!
You forgot to add..."you young whipper snapper".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego