Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2020, 12:48 PM

4,754 posts, read 2,972,063 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
No it is not time to panic and it appears to me people who are hording are thinking only of themselves. Yes there are cases all over the country and the world, but the % is still darn low, the death total is low and those who are having trouble including dieing are mostly older or at risk or a lot of health problems or both. Why are you saying based on one article it won't be over for 15 months? From start to finish perhaps, but it will hit one place, than move on most likely and the majority of us will not get it or even know anyone who does or did have it. this doesn't mean any of us are safe totally, but it does mean we can go about our lives as usual and feel relatively safe
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthofHere View Post
What are you panicking about? Seriously, what? Are you elderly or have a preexisting condition? If not this will be nothing more than a bad case of the flu. You will survive. This will be nothing in a few months. If a mass amount of young people start dying then panic, otherwise just go with the flow. Wash your hands, don't touch your face. Stay away from coughing people or better yet, coughing people stay home.
I'm worried about not being able to get the supplies I need because they were bought by everyone else. Why wait until a mass amount of young people start dying before panicking? I'm also Black which means I should be panicking less than everyone considering it looks like Blacks are almost immune to this thing (the one person with coronavirus in Nigeria was an Italian national working there). But at the end of the day, I need to ensure I won't be out finding leaves in order to wipe my ass or inspecting plants to see if they're edible.

Again, google "Event 201" that the Bill and Melinda Gates foundation did. They literally ran a coronavirus simulation and 65 million people died. It's all playing out just like the event. There were posts on another site about the events playing out to, and it was made in mid-January. This thing is no joke. It'll keep attacking your immune system until you give up and die. It's why people who are cleared end up collapsing days later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike930 View Post
This is the kind of nonsense that sends people into a panic.

I was at Mission Valley Costco this morning and the lot was packed at 10:00. People were coming out with carts of water and TP. There was almost no one in the aisles. Everyone was in the back scrambling for water and TP. It’s ridiculous and people like this contribute to it.
You're wrong though because I did not come out of the grocery store with cart full of items. It was a little at a time here and there for over a month. I have a closet full of items now, included canned goods, dried apples, canned fruit, TP, paper towels, wet wipes, vienna sausages, etc. And actually, the day before Kobe died when all of this was blowing up internationally, I texted my family telling them to stock up little by little because it'll be a panic in America shortly. I'm glad they did.

By the way, my organization of about 100 people, with huge employment partners throughout the west coast, just had a org-wide email stating all domestic travel is to be severely limited. We are also going to be working from home indefinitely VERY soon. You see all these big companies pulling out of large events? You see these huge conferences being cancelled left and right. You see people falling over and dying in the US and Europe similar to what was happening in China. Yet people want to get all up and arms because others are smart enough to get items before they run out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2020, 12:54 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,274,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
Sorry. but I can't agree with you here; I had a maiden aunt who was about as far removed from intelligent thought as one can get; her life revolved around the TV set she bought back in the Fifties, and on more than a few occasions she voiced the pearl of wisdom; "They(who?) couldn't say it on TV if it wasn't true."

As with drugs, the seller gets the blame, but the real problem is the idiot at the end of the supply chain.
It’s a virus with a 3% mortality rate. 3%. Yet the media screams about this thing like it’s the end of the world. They keep this thing front and center and make sure it sounds like it has a 95% mortality rate.

That idiot Newsom declares a state of emergency when one elderly man with underlying health issues dies from this. Why don’t we have a state of emergency every year during flu season?

Quote:
Originally Posted by moved View Post
Apparently they've starting doing that.
Mission Valley Costco was not limiting people this morning.

Old 03-06-2020, 01:06 PM

Quote:
It’s a virus with a 3% mortality rate. 3%. Yet the media screams about this thing like it’s the end of the world. They keep this thing front and center and make sure it sounds like it has a 95% mortality rate.

That idiot Newsom declares a state of emergency when one elderly man with underlying health issues dies from this. Why don’t we have a state of emergency every year during flu season?
Because this thing is not the flu or common cold. Yes similar precautions will help prevent you be getting it but you DO NOT want to catch coronavirus.

Old 03-06-2020, 01:22 PM

5,733 posts, read 4,688,017 times
If this turns into a nightmare scenario where all commerce is stopped, then all those people buying pallets of TP, will wish they bought pallets of food instead. Don't need tp if there's no food to eat.

Old 03-06-2020, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxlrod View Post
If this turns into a nightmare scenario where all commerce is stopped, then all those people buying pallets of TP, will wish they bought pallets of food instead. Don't need tp if there's no food to eat.
I agree with this. You really don't need that much TP. Heck most people don't even need that much protein/meat because they're fat already. Those who are overweight/obese can survive for six months off of vitamins, fruits, and veggies.

Old 03-06-2020, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DabOnEm View Post
I'm worried about not being able to get the supplies I need because they were bought by everyone else. Why wait until a mass amount of young people start dying before panicking? I'm also Black which means I should be panicking less than everyone considering it looks like Blacks are almost immune to this thing (the one person with coronavirus in Nigeria was an Italian national working there). But at the end of the day, I need to ensure I won't be out finding leaves in order to wipe my ass or inspecting plants to see if they're edible.

Again, google "Event 201" that the Bill and Melinda Gates foundation did. They literally ran a coronavirus simulation and 65 million people died. It's all playing out just like the event. There were posts on another site about the events playing out to, and it was made in mid-January. This thing is no joke. It'll keep attacking your immune system until you give up and die. It's why people who are cleared end up collapsing days later.

You're wrong though because I did not come out of the grocery store with cart full of items. It was a little at a time here and there for over a month. I have a closet full of items now, included canned goods, dried apples, canned fruit, TP, paper towels, wet wipes, vienna sausages, etc. And actually, the day before Kobe died when all of this was blowing up internationally, I texted my family telling them to stock up little by little because it'll be a panic in America shortly. I'm glad they did.

By the way, my organization of about 100 people, with huge employment partners throughout the west coast, just had a org-wide email stating all domestic travel is to be severely limited. We are also going to be working from home indefinitely VERY soon. You see all these big companies pulling out of large events? You see these huge conferences being cancelled left and right. You see people falling over and dying in the US and Europe similar to what was happening in China. Yet people want to get all up and arms because others are smart enough to get items before they run out.
There are 18 deaths in the US from Coronavirus. 18. To say people are falling over and dying is beyond irrational. You should stay at home and cower there.

Old 03-06-2020, 01:35 PM

16,214 posts, read 11,325,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartanacus View Post
Fools. The stores all better be limiting purchases.
This thread is breaking down along the usual divide between the self-styled "rugged individualists" who (understandably) put their own needs first (but sometimes miss a critical point or two) -- and the supposedly-enlightened few who think that they (and their clique) alone know what's best for all of us, and will gladly surrender their (and everyone else's) options to Big Brother/Sister in the name of some imaginary "greater common good".

In all honesty, I don't understand what makes this possible pandemic any more of a threat than avian flu, Ebola, swine flu, or any of the other possible pandemlcs which have come and gone over the past century. We have more basic knowledge, and the ability to share it, than at any time in history, (And unfortunately, we have a similar boom in the numbers of impressionable Chicken Littles, and the smaller, but still substantial numbers of those who seek to exploit this for personal gain.

And it might be worth noting that in spite of all precautions, life remains a crapshoot, or maybe a deck of tarot cards. And it's remotely possible that, just as with Quee-Queg's bones in Moby Dick, the rare, but very deadly possibility might turn up one day. The only absolute security I know of (I used to sell it, occasionally) was three feet wide, ten feet long, -- and six feet deep.

( Now, as to the possibility of being caught in a run on toilet tissue at the local emporium, I would remind all that the same "enlightened" few buying by the case seem to overlook the possibility of facial tissue as a backup system -- and when that runs out, remember that phone books and catalogs served in the pit privies up in them-thar hills (but I'd tread carefully here due to the possibility of a steep plumber's bill. )

Last edited by 2nd trick op; 03-06-2020 at 01:43 PM..

Old 03-06-2020, 01:35 PM

Quote:
There are 18 deaths in the US from Coronavirus. 18. To say people are falling over and dying is beyond irrational. You should stay at home and cower there.
Why is it beyond irrational when there are videos of it? I also didn't just say the US but Europe too. Plenty of videos coming from Japan, Iran, Italy, etc. being taken down with the quickness too. Heck some Iranian was just arrested for posting videos of the government there disposing bodies. This thing is mutating and infecting more people (mainly those of Asian/Arab descent).

Old 03-06-2020, 02:00 PM

4,343 posts, read 2,227,253 times
Went to my local PQ Von's mid-morning today/Friday.

A bit more crowded than usual from what I'm used to seeing.

Items bought out:
* Bulk rice
* Liquid hand soap

Low on stock in the store:
* Toilet Paper
* Bottled Water

Outside Pallets
* Bottled water

I was there just to get some veggies and meat for the weekend.

Old 03-06-2020, 02:13 PM

I went to Costco to get gas this morning. Whenever I go in the morning there’s usually about 5 people. It’s empty.

This morning there was a line out to the street. Do people think they’re going to have to outrun this thing? Flee to where there’s an abundance of TP?

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego