Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2008, 11:03 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,751,197 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jksouthbay88 View Post
So they can't express how they feel?
That's what this site is pretty much about.Most of it is how someone feels about something and if someone is "off track" from everyone else,let them be.People have there differences so let bygones be bygones.It looks idiotic to just slam someone like that in front of everyone to see.You wanna talk;send them a message.Don't put them on blast like that.

A lot of my post get the "hate" label.You have to understand where people like us are coming from.We didn't or don't have much,it's not paradise for us and this is the way we live.It's a good counter to what the other people post about the good;you hear a lot about the good before you here about the bad.The reason why I do that?This is "America's Finest City".Everyone seems like they expect this place to be near perfect when they move or visit here when it is not.It's like any other I've city I have been to,it has it's problems.

yeah.....i think that guy on craigslist had some serious issues. everyone is entitled to thier opinion, but come on. He doesn't think the glass is half empty..he thinks the glass is on its way to being empty with no chance of ever getting a refill.
someone who has opinions like that arent very pleasant to be around and probably doesn't have many friends to bitc** to, which explains him posting that on craigslist.

No city is perfect, but unless your looking for and absolutely NEED something very specific, I think San Diego is pretty great for a large city.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2008, 11:43 PM

957 posts, read 3,350,645 times
Quote:
So they can't express how they feel?
That's what this site is pretty much about.Most of it is how someone feels about something and if someone is "off track" from everyone else,let them be.People have there differences so let bygones be bygones.It looks idiotic to just slam someone like that in front of everyone to see.You wanna talk;send them a message.Don't put them on blast like that.

A lot of my post get the "hate" label.You have to understand where people like us are coming from.We didn't or don't have much,it's not paradise for us and this is the way we live.It's a good counter to what the other people post about the good;you hear a lot about the good before you here about the bad.The reason why I do that?This is "America's Finest City".Everyone seems like they expect this place to be near perfect when they move or visit here when it is not.It's like any other I've city I have been to,it has it's problems.
Huh? Did you read the Craigslist post? That guy's (or maybe girl's) every other word was hate. He degraded 99% of SD's population, which was completely uncalled for. I personally don't like the city I come from, but don't go bashing all the residents and everything about the city.

If you're not happy where you are and you can't leave for whatever reason, it stinks. Believe me, I know. As much as I may dislike where I live, I have far better things to do with my time than go to CL to post about where I live just so someone will listen to me.

Old 04-25-2008, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkoz View Post
Expressing one's opinions is fine, even if they are "off track" from the majority--in fact the forum would be quite boring without differing opinions--that's what makes a forum. This guy does not like San Diego, and that is his prerogative. It is the underlying hatred and violence in his rant that are scary--wanting to "break someone's ankles and force them to be nice", wanting Hummer drivers to "go straight to hell", "I hate you" in every other phrase, etc. JK S. Bay- I haven't been on this board too long but have never read anything that hateful in any of your posts, not like this guy--I enjoy your posts. This guy's hatred is scary because to me it is reminiscent of a rant written by one of the Columbine shooters about Denver, Colorado shortly before the shooting. That degree of anger and hatred signals something much more serious than "San Diego is just not my kind of town". What is scary to me is that he mentions "his child's car seat"--this is a dad? I hope he has left, but whereever he is, I seriously hope he gets help.
Thank you for reiterating my point. That's exactly it. I respect the opinions here. Even Nick682 (I believe that is his name) is blatant about his dislike of SD, however, read Nick's then read this other person's. Huge difference.

Old 04-26-2008, 12:34 PM

161 posts, read 696,888 times
I thought the rant was funny. What a jourk! Go get laid buddy! Im ready to move to this terrible place so how about you move to Richmond (you can have my house) and ill move into yours. Deal? Cool!

Old 04-26-2008, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wenzit420 View Post
I thought the rant was funny. What a jourk! Go get laid buddy! Im ready to move to this terrible place so how about you move to Richmond (you can have my house) and ill move into yours. Deal? Cool!
I had to give you a rep point for that.

Old 04-26-2008, 02:39 PM

95 posts, read 409,050 times
I had the exact same experience when I first started visiting San Diego on business. I have a similar job which takes me through out the country and I always left SD feeling envious of it's residents. For that reason, I moved here a little over a year ago and it's been the best move of my life.

You will inevitably find San Diegans (especially on this site) who complain a lot. But when you place SD in comparison to other comparably sized cities in America, this truly is the best place to live. Yes, it's expensive, but I believe what you get in return makes up for it.

AJ

Old 04-26-2008, 09:17 PM

1,658 posts, read 7,572,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkoz View Post
Expressing one's opinions is fine, even if they are "off track" from the majority--in fact the forum would be quite boring without differing opinions--that's what makes a forum. This guy does not like San Diego, and that is his prerogative. It is the underlying hatred and violence in his rant that are scary--wanting to "break someone's ankles and force them to be nice", wanting Hummer drivers to "go straight to hell", "I hate you" in every other phrase, etc. JK S. Bay- I haven't been on this board too long but have never read anything that hateful in any of your posts, not like this guy--I enjoy your posts. This guy's hatred is scary because to me it is reminiscent of a rant written by one of the Columbine shooters about Denver, Colorado shortly before the shooting. That degree of anger and hatred signals something much more serious than "San Diego is just not my kind of town". What is scary to me is that he mentions "his child's car seat"--this is a dad? I hope he has left, but whereever he is, I seriously hope he gets help.
Uhhh you got a point buddy.You always do.For me having "hateful" posts,I have had them.I have read them and said things like "I can't believe it,I said that?"As just about everyone on here knows,I don't really like it here and I want out.I'm working on that and hope to move out soon.I will have days where it might seem I'm all negative.At times I am ,but most of the time I'm not.Please deal with me,I'm just so frustrated being here and I guess I take it out on the form on accident.The reason why I do my posts is that I don't want to let anyone down,and they end up very unhappy like how I am here now.Though it sounds bad(my posts)there is the positive side,another viewpoint from another prospective.

Old 04-26-2008, 09:19 PM

1,658 posts, read 7,572,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LookingtoLeave View Post
Huh? Did you read the Craigslist post? That guy's (or maybe girl's) every other word was hate. He degraded 99% of SD's population, which was completely uncalled for. I personally don't like the city I come from, but don't go bashing all the residents and everything about the city.

If you're not happy where you are and you can't leave for whatever reason, it stinks. Believe me, I know. As much as I may dislike where I live, I have far better things to do with my time than go to CL to post about where I live just so someone will listen to me.
And thanks.I know.It looks like someone understands how I feel.This place works for most,and I'm not most.

Old 04-26-2008, 09:33 PM

Quote:
And thanks.I know.It looks like someone understands how I feel.This place works for most,and I'm not most.
You are 100% correct and for what it's worth, sorry 'bout that. Hopefully you can find some place in the near future where you can be happy.

Old 04-26-2008, 09:40 PM

11 posts, read 43,294 times
Just to let you know. All those people are not San Diegans. Most are from somewhere else just like you and are being paid to perform a service. I have lived here since 1992. Not a native as most are not. San Diego is a border town with lots of tourism. I like it here because its easy for me to live here.
Don't read too much into the people you meet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego