Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2020, 05:02 PM

6,893 posts, read 8,934,496 times

Advertisements

I heard they are stopping folks from walking but socially distancing on the beach? Does that make sense as there are probably more people playing frog-ger while walking in my neighborhood. Maybe they are trying to deter attracting congregation by targeting socially distanced folks.
(((weird when I typed this word ' frog-ger ' without the hyphen, it shows up as asterisks - as far as I know it is just a classic video game not derogatory or kinky or other)))

Last edited by bloom; 03-24-2020 at 05:18 PM..

Old 03-24-2020, 05:30 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,277,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloom View Post
I heard they are stopping folks from walking but socially distancing on the beach? Does that make sense as there are probably more people playing frog-ger while walking in my neighborhood. Maybe they are trying to deter attracting congregation by targeting socially distanced folks.
(((weird when I typed this word ' frog-ger ' without the hyphen, it shows up as asterisks - as far as I know it is just a classic video game not derogatory or kinky or other)))
Did you see the live web cam from mission beach (I think) that was posted on one of these threads? It looks eerie. It’s completely deserted. I thought we could go out and exercise. Now we can’t?

I also don’t understand the asterisk thing. I can’t link an article from K-U-S-I because it puts it all asterisks.

Old 03-24-2020, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike930 View Post
Did you see the live web cam from mission beach (I think) that was posted on one of these threads? It looks eerie. It’s completely deserted. I thought we could go out and exercise. Now we can’t?

I also don’t understand the asterisk thing. I can’t link an article from K-U-S-I because it puts it all asterisks.
Parking lot closures and breaking up young congregants make public health sense. But I'm unsure about a couple who walked to and are walking on an empty beach (per webcam)

Old 03-24-2020, 06:04 PM

4,750 posts, read 3,566,566 times
Two infants in San Diego County have tested positive for Coronavirus.

Old 03-24-2020, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloom View Post
Parking lot closures and breaking up young congregants make public health sense. But I'm unsure about a couple who walked to and are walking on an empty beach (per webcam)
I was going to go out by myself to a beach or the harbor, now I’m not so sure. I think they’d just tell you to go home, but I don’t think they’d bother one guy or a couple.

Old 03-24-2020, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike930 View Post
I was going to go out by myself to a beach or the harbor, now I’m not so sure. I think they’d just tell you to go home, but I don’t think they’d bother one guy or a couple.
Try it, maintain social distance, and report back. Worse case you get a good back n forth walk exercise in, which is allowed and needed for physical mental health.

Old 03-24-2020, 07:17 PM

9,525 posts, read 30,475,285 times
economy is already ruined and USA is too late now. No choice but to return back to some semblance of normal and that will cost lives, no doubt. Whether or not you agree with Trump and his handling of this, this is the reality we're going to have to live with. If we stay locked down for 6 weeks there will be nothing to come back to. If this episode is going to show us anything it's that there is no way to shut down the global economy without destroying far more lives than Covid will. This disease will affect people on the same class divisions that we've all been dealing with already, the difference is now you can fear being broke and dead instead of just broke. People with co-morbidities and the elderly will be forced to self-isolate through social discrimination while younger, healthier people accept a higher risk of illness or death in order to try and go out to make a living. This is the most shameful episode in world leadership I've ever lived through by far.

Last edited by NYSD1995; 03-24-2020 at 07:33 PM..

Old 03-24-2020, 08:47 PM

FYI Sharp is closing some locations temporarily. From an email:

“In an effort to protect you, our doctors, providers and staff, as well as the community, we will be temporarily closing several Sharp Rees-Stealy clinics.

Sharp Rees-Stealy La Mesa West and Sharp Rees-Stealy Point Loma will temporarily close starting Thursday, March 26. Most departments at Sharp Rees-Stealy Chula Vista – with the exception of Occupational Medicine, Pharmacy and Urgent Care – will temporarily close beginning Friday, March 27.“

Old 03-24-2020, 09:20 PM

21,735 posts, read 16,346,385 times
The more I read some peoples’ defeatist and alarmists posts here - the more I’m glad the bunch of you weren’t in my unit overseas.

A temporary consumer’s inconvenience and it’s the end of the world, eh? Get a grip.

Old 03-24-2020, 09:24 PM

9,525 posts, read 30,475,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
The more I read some peoples’ defeatist and alarmists posts here - the more I’m glad the bunch of you weren’t in my unit overseas.

A temporary consumer’s inconvenience and it’s the end of the world, eh? Get a grip.
It's not the end of my world, just a couple million of my neighbors. This isn't the army and we don't all get government paychecks, healthcare, pensions or retirements. You read it here first - the global economy is ruined, this is way more than an "inconvenience".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego