Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2020, 02:21 PM

4,294 posts, read 4,390,588 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Well, voting for a deranged sociopathic lying POTUS can easily result in that. Welcome to a pandemic and lockdowns that could have been nipped in the bud last February.
Can't blame it all on the orange man. No Way. Take responsibility for yourselves. Typical American jibber jabber.

192,000 dead and climbing and fools are walking around sans mask. People deserve to get sick don't you think ?

Stupid Stupid Stupid People.

Old 09-16-2020, 02:28 PM

21,606 posts, read 16,097,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNYC View Post
Can't blame it all on the orange man. No Way. Take responsibility for yourselves. Typical American jibber jabber.

192,000 dead and climbing and fools are walking around sans mask. People deserve to get sick don't you think ?

Stupid Stupid Stupid People.
Actually I certainly can blame the situation as we have it on the orange man. It is not my responsibility, nor that of the general electorate to monitor threatening conditions around the world and nation ... nor to create and execute policy to address threats. Those responsibilities lie squarely in the top offices of the nation and states. Those responsibilities were known and ignored.

Yes: stupid stupid stupid people put mentally ill people in those positions of responsibility. Now welcome to pandemic and shut downs.

Old 09-16-2020, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Actually I certainly can blame the situation as we have it on the orange man. It is not my responsibility, nor that of the general electorate to monitor threatening conditions around the world and nation ... nor to create and execute policy to address threats.
Perhaps but if you and everyone around you took responsibility for themselves ....and others since the orange idiot cannot then maybe we would be doing better. Not saying YOU specifically but people in general.

" WOKE " is knowing your Govt is failing you and realizing YOU NEED to take responsibility.

No one will do it for you.

People forget what they learned as children.

Old 09-16-2020, 04:05 PM

4,433 posts, read 2,390,968 times
Quote:
Welcome to a pandemic and lockdowns that could have been nipped in the bud last February.

Maybe. Hard to say if this could've been averted with a really aggressive strategy. Where did that work anywhere in the world? We don't have an example of doing it right to examine because no inhabited place on earth escaped this. Looking at it historically too, we didn't shut down the nation when WHO was ringing the sars alarm bell, nor did we a decade later when mers came along. We only dodged those bullets by sheer luck. Mers turned out to have a very low infection rate. Sars literally did just go away eventually.

You're implying February was the make or break point? I disagree with that. We would've had to have acted months prior to that considering so-called U.S. patient zero was infected by at least mid February. Given the nature of the virus (asymptomatic carriers yadda-yadda), it's likely there were others here who predate that infection.

So put yourself into the position of a policy maker, or just an advisor to one; would you be the guy suggesting we shut everything down and fully sequester the population at that point in time? You'd be the hero today if you had. Then again, if covid had gone the sars/mers route, you'd be the chicken little who destroyed the economy and ruined the lives of millions of people's financial well-being among other things. I can't exactly blame Orangeman nor Governor Slickback nor anyone else at that level of leadership, for not doing something sooner when the available facts at the time didn't warrant pushing the bright red stop button.

It no longer matters. We're in it now and all the hindsight in the world won't change anything.

Old 09-16-2020, 04:15 PM

4,433 posts, read 2,390,968 times
Quote:
Health
(CDC) Director Robert R. Redfield, MD, relayed a shocking reality check: Masks may offer more effective protection from COVID than a vaccine.

"We have clear scientific evidence they work," Redfield said of face coverings. "This face mask is more guaranteed to protect me against COVID-19 than when I take a COVID vaccine."

It's not all that shocking really. For one thing, he could say the same thing about flu vaccines vs. masks. Also, is CDC finally saying that masks protect the wearer and not just everyone else around them as was drilled into the public's head for months? The constantly changing message is really annoying.

It's also not shocking considering most of Asia figured out masks were a thing decades ago when sars first appeared. We're only catching up because we've been spared from two other major coronavirus cousins since then.

Old 09-16-2020, 05:48 PM

6,883 posts, read 8,860,936 times
^ the CDC Director Robert Redford is scientifically advocating mask use to contain the spread, while trump says masks are not good. This mixed non-data driven messaging from trump is hurting lives (almost one quarter Million americans dead), economy, stories from reopening, while other nations are performing so much better, healthier, enjoying more their personal freedoms. trump only cares about himself and is taking the nation down, sowing divisions. Reported a bunch of positive cases, maybe even that arse kush, detected at WH yesterday b/c no mask requirement there. Biden has a sound pandemic plan including creating a united national purpose to stop the disease including 3 months of mask wearing across states by working with all the governors if a formal mandate is disallowed

Old 09-16-2020, 05:53 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,237,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloom View Post
^ the CDC Director Robert Redford is scientifically advocating mask use to contain the spread, while trump says masks are not good. This mixed non-data driven messaging from trump is hurting lives (almost one quarter Million americans dead), economy, stories from reopening, while other nations are performing so much better, healthier, enjoying more their personal freedoms. trump only cares about himself and is taking the nation down, sowing divisions. Reported a bunch of positive cases, maybe even that arse kush, detected at WH yesterday b/c no mask requirement there. Biden has a sound pandemic plan including creating a united national purpose to stop the disease including 3 months of mask wearing across states by working with all the governors if a formal mandate is disallowed
The WH chief of staff just announced the vaccine will be ready and out in six weeks or less. You can relax now.

Old 09-16-2020, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joosoon View Post
The constantly changing message is really annoying.
True but to be fair this is something out of the ordinary. I do not blame changing opinions as we see this progressing. Actually it makes sense and I am glad someone is paying attention.

FYI I have always felt safer in a mask. Why ? Lets say we are both in a public bathroom. I am using the urinal while you are washing your hands. I have Covid for sure 100% but I don't have a mask on and I happen to sneeze.

1. Do you wish I had a mask on at that point ?

2. If I did not have a mask on would you wish that YOU had a mask on, or would you feel better breathing in my sneeze ?

Pretty simple if you ask me. I don't need anyone to point that out to me. This is how it was from the beginning so why change it ?

Common Sense.

Old 09-16-2020, 08:39 PM

1,525 posts, read 1,462,258 times
Quote:
Perhaps but if you and everyone around you took responsibility for themselves ....and others since the orange idiot cannot then maybe we would be doing better. Not saying YOU specifically but people in general.

" WOKE " is knowing your Govt is failing you and realizing YOU NEED to take responsibility.

No one will do it for you.

People forget what they learned as children.

I wear my mask and socially distance. But what about the dopes who follow the lead of their hero Trump and don't do so? My mask doesn't protect me I'm told, but others. What if too many Trump worshipers aren't following the protocols?

Old 09-16-2020, 08:43 PM

1,525 posts, read 1,462,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joosoon View Post
It's not all that shocking really. For one thing, he could say the same thing about flu vaccines vs. masks. Also, is CDC finally saying that masks protect the wearer and not just everyone else around them as was drilled into the public's head for months? The constantly changing message is really annoying.

It's also not shocking considering most of Asia figured out masks were a thing decades ago when sars first appeared. We're only catching up because we've been spared from two other major coronavirus cousins since then.

We should have learned from Asia's experience rather than trying to re-invent the wheel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego