Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2020, 09:21 AM

50,283 posts, read 47,032,885 times

Advertisements

Pretty sure I'm going deer hunting tomorrow at 3 am and if "heading to 7/11 for breakfast" works as an excuse so be it. I won't see another soul the entire time I'm up there I'll bet. I'll just leave my camo off and firearms under a sleeping bag in the back seat till I'm up there.

Old 11-22-2020, 09:55 AM

6,675 posts, read 4,277,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
By the way Mike ... I am not really trying to suggest agreement with the government response protocols ... I am merely understanding why this is being treated as a big deal. I get the magnitude of the reaction.

I am not impressed with the politicization and resulting folderol clown show across the states. This s**t called for an immediate smackdown. Hard. And then hard focused management. But people be basically pretty stupid, ya know pal? “Muh freedumbs!!!”
I just saw this. Yes, the level to which this has been politicized is amazing. You have such a contract between Hawaii, the most restrictive state, and Florida where there are no restrictions. It was a big deal at first, but now we need a more focused approach.

Pfizer said they’re seeking emergency approval for their vaccine within a few days and expect to have the first round out by the end of December.

I’ll be happy to see these threads go off into the CD sunset. Hopefully this won’t happen again for a long time or we’ll be better prepared next time. The new messenger RNA technology that the drug manufacturers are using is said to be a huge breakthrough, so there’s one silver lining in all this.

Old 11-22-2020, 10:04 AM

4,433 posts, read 2,452,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAlt View Post
I'm thinking the number of those is immaterial. BTW are there no false negatives?

I agree they're probably rare enough not to matter and I'm sure there are false negatives too. The difference is I don't know anyone who had a false negative. More importantly, it'd also be hard to determine a false negative since most people don't get multiple tests simultaneously. In other words, if you were tested and it came up negative until the next time you were tested and that changed (i.e. were tested positive), the logical conclusion would be you were infected sometime between the first test results and the second -not that the first test was wrong.

Quote:
How about those hospitalized or dead? Would you agree those weren't false positives?
Is that a serious question or a statement?

Old 11-22-2020, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Didn't Biden win? Why are we still TDS'in folks? Get outside. Fresh air. This place is like the doomsday of social media. See ya in a week after I chase some local deer.

It's such a pain to drag my Cray supercomputer out on the patio to read this stuff on the interwebs. Maybe someday, someone will invent a device that let's me have all that computing power (possibly more) in the palm of my hand.

Say hi to the deer and be safe.

Old 11-22-2020, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike930 View Post

The curfew. LOL. So I go out at 11:00pm. I get pulled over because I live in one the the few counties that are actually enforcing it. The officer asks why I’m breaking curfew. I’m hungry and going to get take out. He has to let me go. Meanwhile, his time could have been better spent elsewhere.

Maybe the state can dump hundreds of millions of dollars into developing a breathalyzer that detects Jack in the Box in your system to see if you're lying. BTW, you can also just claim you're homeless since there's an exemption in the order for that.

Old 11-22-2020, 02:18 PM

6,893 posts, read 8,934,496 times
Quote:
Yeah you keep saying this and it’s not a valid argument.

The mortality rate is around 2% or less. The response is way out of proportion.

Enough already.
2% of 330M is over 6 million dead. My Lord, man.

Old 11-22-2020, 02:21 PM

[quote=Mike930;59740030]How about those being miscategorized? Someone has COVID, dies of some other cause and it’s attributed to COVID.
/QUOTE]

If someone is Covid positive but incidentally gets run over killed in an auto accident, then that is not a Covid death.

If some has cancer and contracts a Covid pneumonia and dies, then that is a Covid death.

Old 11-22-2020, 02:24 PM

Quote:
I just saw this. Yes, the level to which this has been politicized is amazing. You have such a contract between Hawaii, the most restrictive state, and Florida where there are no restrictions. It was a big deal at first, but now we need a more focused approach.

Pfizer said they’re seeking emergency approval for their vaccine within a few days and expect to have the first round out by the end of December.

I’ll be happy to see these threads go off into the CD sunset. Hopefully this won’t happen again for a long time or we’ll be better prepared next time. The new messenger RNA technology that the drug manufacturers are using is said to be a huge breakthrough, so there’s one silver lining in all this.
I think the Pfizer vaccine was emergency approved yesterday so doses being now shipped. I think 20M by end of year

Old 11-22-2020, 02:41 PM

3,081 posts, read 1,743,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Didn't Biden win? Why are we still TDS'in folks? Get outside. Fresh air. This place is like the doomsday of social media. See ya in a week after I chase some local deer.
Seriously. I've been wondering that myself. A buddy of mine threw out his latest TDS claim today in the water, and I'm like, "Dude your guy won, when are you going to stop being outraged". Move on.

To keep it on topic, we surfed Black's which is located in San Diego.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego