Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2020, 07:10 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,237,335 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TristramShandy View Post
At Sports Arena Target tonight, about 40% of customers were wearing masks, bandanas or the like. The Surgeon General and others are really selling this next week as being a bad one, so there may be an uptick as the week goes on.
I did a quick search for masks, even checking Lowe’s for painters masks. None to be found. The employees at Lowe’s almost laughed at me. If you try to order some from amazon, it’s late May, early June delivery.

And 22 people got tickets in Encinitas for watching the sunset and having a picnic.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbs...3-da0d52707c43

Old 04-06-2020, 10:19 PM

5,024 posts, read 7,529,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike930 View Post
But if people see blood coming from your nose, it’ll clear out a shopping isle.
Win-win.
Senior Citizens 60+ have a quick way to get into Costco. I think you found a quick way to get out of Costco.

I'm buying a pack of these for my next shopping adventure:
https://www.amazon.com/Rubies-Costum...229352&sr=8-15

Old 04-06-2020, 11:45 PM

29,430 posts, read 22,337,909 times
I will also add that it is perfectly legal for a business to refuse a customer for any reason so long as it is not due to discrimination against a protected class. A business refusing a customer entry because they are not wearing a mask is just like "no shoes, no shirt, no service."

Businesses Can Require Patrons to Wear Facial Coverings, County Says

Quote:
Businesses across San Diego County can disallow entry and deny service to people who are not wearing facial coverings, County Supervisor Nathan Fletcher said Monday.

While it is not an order that the general public wears facial coverings, an individual business can require customers to wear a facial covering inside their business, he said. Fletcher was responding to reports of businesses denying entry to people without facial coverings.

The general public does not medical-grade masks. Homemade masks, bandanas, scarves and neck gaiters are acceptable since the items can be washed and reused.

Old 04-07-2020, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruitr View Post
Senior Citizens 60+ have a quick way to get into Costco. I think you found a quick way to get out of Costco.

I'm buying a pack of these for my next shopping adventure:
https://www.amazon.com/Rubies-Costum...229352&sr=8-15
Thanks for the link! Can you imagine taking one of these, going in and coughing, biting one of these, screaming and holding up your hand with “blood” on it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
I will also add that it is perfectly legal for a business to refuse a customer for any reason so long as it is not due to discrimination against a protected class. A business refusing a customer entry because they are not wearing a mask is just like "no shoes, no shirt, no service."

Businesses Can Require Patrons to Wear Facial Coverings, County Says
Interesting. Thanks for posting. I may have to start carrying a bandana until this nonsense is over.

If you can’t find a regular mask, you can always get this:

https://www.amazon.com/Marvel-Deadpo...A1QB9IKG14CCFJ

Old 04-07-2020, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Thanks for the link! Can you imagine taking one of these, going in and coughing, biting one of these, screaming and holding up your hand with “blood” on it?
I told my wife about my new exit plan tonite. She thinks they would throw me in jail. It could be the legal equivalent of yelling "fire" in a crowded movie theater. I don't know. Still sounds like a quick exit plan with a free shopping cart full of stuff.

Old 04-07-2020, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruitr View Post
I told my wife about my new exit plan tonite. She thinks they would throw me in jail. It could be the legal equivalent of yelling "fire" in a crowded movie theater. I don't know. Still sounds like a quick exit plan with a free shopping cart full of stuff.
My wife thought the same thing. The problem is people just don’t have a sense of humor. I may have to go with the Deadpool mask.

Old 04-07-2020, 01:04 AM

Quote:
My wife thought the same thing. The problem is people just don’t have a sense of humor. I may have to go with the Deadpool mask.
I already ordered the 'blood capsules.' So now I'll carry 'Purell Singles' in one pocket and blood capsules in the other pocket. I may never use the blood capsules to exit a crowded building but I'll be a hit at this year's Halloween parties.

Old 04-07-2020, 01:25 AM

9,786 posts, read 11,443,293 times
They are not playing around anymore, stay home.

Old 04-07-2020, 01:36 AM

2 posts, read 9,671 times
Default Better to stay in Home quarantine

Home quarantine is the best method to get rid of this pandemic quickly. If you have stored enough food for 3 to 4 weeks, don't ever go out. and when you touch the groceries and money wash your hands ASAP. Don't touch anything after that. Keeping your hands checked is the best measure to prevent the disease.

If you have cold, sore throat, cough put some lime leaves in to the water, then boil it and steam yourself with it. Every one hour gargle your throat with hot water. Also drink hot water always much as possible.

We have to behave our selves to get rid of the pandemic. We have to take care of our selves, protect our selves. Then only we can protect the others and win this.

Old 04-07-2020, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAK41 View Post
Home quarantine is the best method to get rid of this pandemic quickly. If you have stored enough food for 3 to 4 weeks, don't ever go out. and when you touch the groceries and money wash your hands ASAP. Don't touch anything after that. Keeping your hands checked is the best measure to prevent the disease.

If you have cold, sore throat, cough put some lime leaves in to the water, then boil it and steam yourself with it. Every one hour gargle your throat with hot water. Also drink hot water always much as possible.

We have to behave our selves to get rid of the pandemic. We have to take care of our selves, protect our selves. Then only we can protect the others and win this.
Not going out ever for 3-4 weeks may work in Sri Lanka, not here. I’ll be going out. Guaranteed I’m not the only one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego