Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2020, 10:27 PM

6,893 posts, read 8,935,812 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phinneas j. whoopee View Post
You mean like democrats criticizing every decision made by trump?
Do you support or do not support (the experts and pro-lifers do not) trump's suggestion to open the economy in weeks at the cost of additional lost lives?

Old 03-23-2020, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by metoque View Post
Maybe if the Left didn't constantly try to thwart the Trump Administration's progress, they would've been able to better focus on all this.
Do you support or do not support (the experts and pro-lifers do not) trump's suggestion to open the economy in weeks at the cost of additional lost lives?

Old 03-23-2020, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike930 View Post
If it helped certain people’s agenda, I have no doubt they would put their interests above the public good/safety.

Old 03-23-2020, 10:35 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,278,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloom View Post
I’ve always thought this was overblown. You can’t shut the economy down for months on end. As the President said, it’s getting to the point the cure is worse than the disease.

Do you support a total shutdown of the economy for no matter how long it takes so we end up with the highest unemployment rate since the 40’s and another depression?

By the way, Gov. Cuomo is signaling the same thing. I’ll bet Newsom is next. That’s the end of the political bent for me on this thread.

Old 03-24-2020, 12:19 AM

5,024 posts, read 7,575,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
I am now almost to Oregon ... towing my boat to the San Juan Islands to aimlessly drift about until this blows over.
We will miss you on the this forum. You add a lot of value and common sense.

I am remodeling our living/dining room. Costco and Home Depot deliver just about anything I need. My wife helps if I need it.

Old 03-24-2020, 01:13 AM

21,736 posts, read 16,350,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruitr View Post
We will miss you on the this forum. You add a lot of value and common sense.

I am remodeling our living/dining room. Costco and Home Depot deliver just about anything I need. My wife helps if I need it.
Thanks. But I’ll be in range of cell signal for my internet habits most of the time. I spend every summer up there as it is. This is just early for me

Old 03-24-2020, 06:40 AM

3,698 posts, read 1,363,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristramShandy View Post
You mean like the Republicans did for eight years with Obama?

Trump screwed this up on his own. He needs to own it.
How would you like him to "own it" specifically, and in what way will this improve the situation for Americans?

Old 03-24-2020, 09:59 AM

9,824 posts, read 11,548,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieSD View Post
Updated confirmed cases in San Diego County as of 3/23/2020 by residence location per County Health Dept:

City of San Diego: 134 confirmed cases

North County Coastal:
Carlsbad: 14
Encinitas: 5
Del Mar: 5
Oceanside: 5
Rancho Santa Fe: 5
Solana Beach: 1

North County Inland:
Escondido: 5
San Marcos: 3
Fallbrook: 2
Poway: 2
Vista: 2
Ramona: 2

South Bay:
Chula Vista: 6
National City: 3
Bonita: 1

East County:
El Cajon: 7
Lakeside: 2
La Mesa: 1
Spring Valley: 1
Santee: 1

These numbers do not include the quarantined cruise passengers at Miramar or the military members at the Naval and Marine bases.

Source and map: https://www.10news.com/interactive-m...n-diego-county
Why is Carlsbad and north county Costal so high
Quote:
Yesterday I was denied access to MCRD. (San Diego Marine Corps Recruit Depot.) No military retired allowed to come aboard until the crisis passes. First time in my life being turned away from any base anywhere. I am now almost to Oregon ... towing my boat to the San Juan Islands to aimlessly drift about until this blows over.
Hell that sound like fun. Just make sure stay out of Washington State if possible, lots of cases there.

Old 03-24-2020, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Yesterday I was denied access to MCRD. (San Diego Marine Corps Recruit Depot.) No military retired allowed to come aboard until the crisis passes. First time in my life being turned away from any base anywhere. I am now almost to Oregon ... towing my boat to the San Juan Islands to aimlessly drift about until this blows over.
Weather should be more favorable for you for the next half-year. Which specific island will you be docked at mostly? I prefer SJI mostly.

Old 03-24-2020, 10:37 AM

15,129 posts, read 32,326,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeekosu View Post
Does anyone know how the border closure is effecting people that have to travel to mexico for medication? I get some of my medication from a local pharmacy in TJ. In the next couple weeks i'll be out of it. I'm a US citizen. Will I be able to cross the border into mexico to get it? Will I need to show proof, a prescription or anything like that? I'm just trying to figure out what i'm going to do until this ban is lifted.
The border isn't shut down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego