Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2020, 11:07 AM

5,024 posts, read 7,574,371 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I can't imagine what everyone is doing with all the TP. I did find it here, in AR at one of our standard small grocery stores last weekend. I found bleach as well, but so much is still not available
I spoke with Costco store management yesterday. He told me a couple of things:
1. Why would people pick on TP to hoard? Why not tissue paper, diapers or produce?
2. There seems to be some sort of 'TP Underground'. When local spotters see TP being unloaded off the trucks, that spotter has a Facebook page or Email broadcast list or something where they post that TP is being unloaded at the location of the that Costco store. The next morning, there are lines forming hours before the TP-stocked store opens.
3. Management is a bit worried. All Costco TP inventory in the SoCal region is pretty much gone. Their central distribution centers are awaiting trucks from TP manufacturers. But they don't have any visibility into the TP manufactures supply-chain.
4. The manager I spoke with is one of the Price Club founders. He lives on Coronado Island but works a few hours everyday at Price Club #1 on Morena Blvd. He opened that store in 1976 and he just can't stay out of the place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2020, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malcorub16 View Post
Yup, haven't been to Costco or Walmart since before this COVID business and mostly due to the lines of people at the entrance that the news was showed.
Smart and Final is always easy to get in and out of as is Target.
I actually stopped at Costco and Walmart yesterday. There were no lines at either place. But neither had any TP. I do have a private source of TP. My Navy SEAL neighbor. But I hate to bug people for such a $hitty problem.

Old 04-21-2020, 01:01 PM

9,822 posts, read 11,546,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malcorub16 View Post
Yup, haven't been to Costco or Walmart since before this COVID business and mostly due to the lines of people at the entrance that the news was showed.
Smart and Final is always easy to get in and out of as is Target.
We might of tip our hand with letting everyone know about Smart N Final

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruitr View Post
I actually stopped at Costco and Walmart yesterday. There were no lines at either place. But neither had any TP. I do have a private source of TP. My Navy SEAL neighbor. But I hate to bug people for such a $hitty problem.
LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Old 04-21-2020, 01:37 PM

5,740 posts, read 4,697,306 times
Quote:
1. Why would people pick on TP to hoard? Why not tissue paper, diapers or produce?
2. There seems to be some sort of 'TP Underground'. When local spotters see TP being unloaded off the trucks, that spotter has a Facebook page or Email broadcast list or something where they post that TP is being unloaded at the location of the that Costco store. The next morning, there are lines forming hours before the TP-stocked store opens.
3. Management is a bit worried. All Costco TP inventory in the SoCal region is pretty much gone. Their central distribution centers are awaiting trucks from TP manufacturers. But they don't have any visibility into the TP manufactures supply-chain.
4. The manager I spoke with is one of the Price Club founders. He lives on Coronado Island but works a few hours everyday at Price Club #1 on Morena Blvd. He opened that store in 1976 and he just can't stay out of the place.
Saul?

Old 04-21-2020, 02:48 PM

301 posts, read 164,671 times
Quote:
I decided to hoard coffee filters to use as a replacement for tp.

Old 04-21-2020, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxlrod View Post
Saul?
No, Rick. Sol died a few years ago.

Old 04-21-2020, 03:24 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,530,989 times
Quote:
Too funny. Von's had some. CVS now sells it by the roll in baggies.
Pretty soon they will need to have a continuous print on TP roll.

NOT FOR INDIVIDUAL RESALE... NOT FOR INDIVIDUAL RESALE... NOT FOR INDIVIDUAL RESALE

Old 04-21-2020, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
Pretty soon they will need to have a continuous print on TP roll.

NOT FOR INDIVIDUAL RESALE... NOT FOR INDIVIDUAL RESALE... NOT FOR INDIVIDUAL RESALE
When I stopped by CVS yesterday, they just sold their last baggie of TP.

Old 04-21-2020, 03:29 PM

4,852 posts, read 3,646,355 times
Quote:

Today's Costco visit was another unbelievable event. The parking lot was empty @ Noon. As I walked up to the front door, a Costco employee was just adding Toilet Paper to their Out-of-Stock list. She said if needed Toilet Paper, I need to be there when they open @ 10am.
Try ordering on-line. I received a pack of Kirkland TP yesterday. You have to constantly check the Costco website if it is available put it in your basket and pay right away. Took 2 weeks to get it but I got it!

Old 04-21-2020, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschrief View Post
Try ordering on-line. I received a pack of Kirkland TP yesterday. You have to constantly check the Costco website if it is available put it in your basket and pay right away. Took 2 weeks to get it but I got it!
No TP available now. Except for those 900 ft industrial rolls.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
View detailed profiles of: