Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2020, 07:21 AM

1,052 posts, read 798,954 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phinneas j. whoopee View Post
I know its not so simple. Im thinking about that La Mesa incident and while its obvious as a white person I would not get jacked up sitting on a bench... the guys behavior and attitude to the cop from start to finish is not something I would ever do either.

So is it a black thing or a bad attitude thing? If he had been polite and compliant we can be sure it would have ended differently right? They go their way and he go his.

So why are we conditioning another generation of young black men to be combative with police?

https://youtu.be/OEvMc-K8XHY

Pretty simple.
How likely are most people to be 'polite and compliant' if you're harassed by some idiot goon simply because of the color of your skin. I've seen the video and this cop is a 'goon'.

And then to arrest him for assaulting an officer? Likely the officer realized he'd screwed up on camera and needed leverage. I'm against violence for sure but I can see why this incident would make African-American's get very angry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2020, 06:24 PM

6,504 posts, read 7,536,063 times
Was Saturday night better for you OP?

Old 06-02-2020, 12:27 AM

3,698 posts, read 1,363,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sprez33 View Post
How likely are most people to be 'polite and compliant' if you're harassed by some idiot goon simply because of the color of your skin. I've seen the video and this cop is a 'goon'.

And then to arrest him for assaulting an officer? Likely the officer realized he'd screwed up on camera and needed leverage. I'm against violence for sure but I can see why this incident would make African-American's get very angry.
#1 we DO NOT know this guy was harrassed merely because of the color of his skin. Your evidence in assuming so is simply because he is black and the cop is white. With the profanities he unloads on them we dont know that he wasnt acting crazy mad when they saw him.

#2 whether you consider this cop or any other a GOON I can assure you that if you behave the way he did you can only make things worse. Period.

I guarantee had he been polite and cooperative he would not have been arrested and that would be a non event.

Old 06-02-2020, 06:29 AM

1,082 posts, read 833,379 times
Floyd wasn't murdered and Epstein didn't kill himself. Welcome to the Truman show.

Old 06-02-2020, 10:19 AM

8,484 posts, read 6,891,592 times
Ah yes. The sights and sounds of burning Target stores and police cars. Some people enjoy it. They even bring out their lawn chairs to watch.

Old 06-02-2020, 11:54 AM

4,294 posts, read 4,428,857 times
Just saw the La Mesa video on Fox5. 99% black and brown people representing . One dumb white kid with no mask on in plain site of the video camera.

Nothing to do with police violence. Just the usual crowd doing what they do best.

Burning down the police station was a boss move. Terrorizing normal citizens and ruining their communities....not so much ? Enslave all these people and make them earn their hatred. No more benefits No more affirmative action freebies.

**** on them like they **** on other people. Isn't that what equality is all about ?

Old 06-02-2020, 12:06 PM

50,289 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Just think, we are paying them to loot/riot since they are getting those stimulus checks too.

Old 06-02-2020, 03:49 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,278,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNYC View Post
Just saw the La Mesa video on Fox5. 99% black and brown people representing . One dumb white kid with no mask on in plain site of the video camera.

Nothing to do with police violence. Just the usual crowd doing what they do best.

Burning down the police station was a boss move. Terrorizing normal citizens and ruining their communities....not so much ? Enslave all these people and make them earn their hatred. No more benefits No more affirmative action freebies.

**** on them like they **** on other people. Isn't that what equality is all about ?

Old 06-02-2020, 04:13 PM

572 posts, read 599,209 times
The sentiments in this thread are exactly why we find ourselves where we are.

Old 06-02-2020, 05:37 PM

432 posts, read 285,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNYC View Post
This is what happened :

Two security guards work for the same bar. Both alpha males. One guard leaves the bar and becomes a cop then gets a call at that bar WHERE his old alpha male competitor is still working. Situation arises and alpha male cop goes berserk on usage of force.

Racism or two Alpha Males dogging it out ?
The white supremacist cop hated George because he got a lot of white women while working at the club. He was intimidated and felt inferior because George was a big black man white women loved. This was his chance to prove a point. Now hes on suicide watch and caused the biggest revolution in world history. I'm sure there will be hundreds of new laws but the UN AFRICAN UNION AND EU finally condemning white supremacy in America will be the biggest nail in the coffin. American white supremacy had to end at some point and with whites being minorities in 10 to 15 years this just sped the process up. The UN should've been stepped in
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego