Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2020, 11:47 AM

3,394 posts, read 2,800,591 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
This generation will be the ones receiving record wealth on the individual level. I'm leaving my kids with two houses, a ranch a farm and millions in wealth I built. I'd say a lot of today's kids are pretty set.
I think a poster above was giving too much credit to the animals that destroyed La Mesa. They weren’t thinking about a Government doing them wrong they were trying to figure out which broken window lead to the best free alcohol selection.

In addition to what your kids will have most have a place to stay rent free while they figure out there life.

Wages? The City of SD and State of CA have implemented aggressive minimum wage adjustments. Some of the increases to the detriment of employment.
Most recently the Fed has kicked in Additional Unemployment benefits.
Prior to Covid we set records for low unemployment rate

Yes I would agree the spreading has been a little out of control, but to sit and complain about younger generation having hard times. I don’t see it.

We’ve had hard times probably most recently 08-10. If you were young and trying to find a job then- good luck!!! And the younger families with children and tumbling home values had a crisis on their hands.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2020, 11:50 AM

6,498 posts, read 7,525,332 times
Why in La Mesa of all cities in SD? Why not downtown San Diego or El Cajon ?

Old 05-31-2020, 11:53 AM

6,675 posts, read 4,274,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
Remember Watts/1965 and one half of the LA police force was down there, twiddling their thumbs? Firemen and Police were too scared to enter the "war zone" as snipers were shooting at the police and firemen from rooftops. After 4 days of doing nothing, in came 10,000 National Guardsmen.

Bolivia has staged the most successful, quiet, peaceful protests anywhere: debris, rocks and boulders strewn across roadways around the country, bringing the country to a standstill. Is that what you would prefer?
What I prefer is police that actually do their job. How about they stop all the looting and rioting like they’re suppose to.

Old 05-31-2020, 11:58 AM

3,394 posts, read 2,800,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malcorub16 View Post
The whole incident all over local news happened in La Mesa on Wednesday

Old 05-31-2020, 12:03 PM

6,498 posts, read 7,525,332 times
I've been disconnected for a few days, what happened in La Mesa on Weds?

Old 05-31-2020, 12:04 PM

301 posts, read 164,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNYC View Post
Every single one of us has had our lives destroyed these past few months and some even years. You don't make it harder for everyone else. If there was a way to ONLY punish those cops and make it right I SUPPORT IT but to destroy your fellow citizens lifeline and jobs is unacceptable .

This is a sick country and it isn't Trump's fault. It is the fault of the American people and their disregard for other Americans and a selfish ME culture. Welcome to the real world ME is only a MINUTE fraction of what the world is about. The world is about US.

Learn It.
I feel the same way, I keep to myself in this world because of the ME mentality out there. I am old fashioned and I was raised to respect your elders and the police authority.

It is embarrassing to me to see this happening everywhere more so than mass shootings because these are groups ruining towns together.

While in mass shootings it is usually done by one person who has a screw loose.

I hope that they all are charged with crimes and face long jail times and have to repay tfor the destruction that was done.

Unbelievable to happen anywhere but shocked it has happened in La Mesa Ca.

https://www.kpbs.org/news/2020/may/3...ons-after-la-/

Old 05-31-2020, 12:06 PM

1,766 posts, read 1,222,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
How long have you been going on like this, if I recall it’s since 2016.
How long has the FED been manipulating our economy? Remember, for every action there is a reaction. The younger generation is fed up and angry what has been done to them. This is not just about George Floyd anymore. Stealing money from the future to protect the present will have a huge repercussions. Keeping interest rates at ZERO and not allowing majority of our citizens to save money for 20 years created majority of our citizens debt slaves.

Wake up, we just stole trillions and trillions of dollars in the past few weeks again from the future to postpone going into deflation and depression. We didn’t avoid it, we just postponed it. We have been stealing money and destroying their future since 2001.

As I said before this is nothing what is coming to our neighborhoods, to our cities, to our country. The younger generation is rightfully angry and this anger will just grow more and more.

Let’s see what happens once federal $600 unemployment stimulus money is cut end of July. Most jobs will never return and this pandemic hasn’t changed and will stay with us for years. Anger will grow more and more.

Wake Up

Old 05-31-2020, 12:16 PM

4,433 posts, read 2,447,326 times
Quote:
I've been disconnected for a few days, what happened in La Mesa on Weds?

Nothing which warranted the reaction.

Old 05-31-2020, 12:17 PM

301 posts, read 164,546 times
Quote:

Unfortunately, La Mesa is a town close to Spring Valley and Lemon Grove which are towns with rough areas where young gang like types hang out.

If you have ever ridden the Red MTS Trolley Orange Line then you must be careful from 12th & Imperial all the way to El Cajon.

The entire Orange Line is full of young thugs both males and females.

Lots of violent crime and theft on the trolleys, lap tops and bags stolen and they also target the elderly.

They do not care.

Downtown is full of too much police presence with the Police Station plus MTS Security everywhere and all of the undercover cops also. I worked for MTS Rail for 19 years so that is how I know about the Orange Line.

Old 05-31-2020, 12:18 PM

4,433 posts, read 2,447,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C2BP View Post
As I said before this is nothing what is coming to our neighborhoods, to our cities, to our country. The younger generation is rightfully angry and this anger will just grow more and more.

Then they need to learn how to deal with that anger like reasonable adults. I doubt the guys stealing TVs from Grossmont Center last night were inspired by the Feds manipulating anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego