Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2008, 03:32 PM

18,980 posts, read 32,627,760 times

Advertisements

After 7.5 years in SD I've become a weather and coastal snob . Even though this weather ain't that bad but it's all relative. The summer is the only time of year our water is in the 70's so I like to enjoy that as much as possible. And I wouldn't be as pissed but I swear the weekends are always cloudier and cooler than the weekdays so far this summer. It's been below normal all year too. I realize though most people don't complain about SD weather, my friends just roll their eyes at me when i say it's too cool or cloudy, haha.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2008, 09:04 PM

349 posts, read 1,544,554 times
I just love the weather we're having so far this summer. 70's w/hardly any humidity are perfect for me. Whenever I hear from someone sweltering back east or in the south, I feel lucky to live in such a comfortable climate.

Read in the Union Tribune a couple of weeks ago that the coldest (lowest highs in July) were:

1) San Francisco (no surprise)
2) Seattle (again, no surprise)
3) San Diego

Old 07-30-2008, 07:40 PM

101 posts, read 329,698 times
I love the weather too. Back in 06 at the same time, I attended a wedding and reception; it was unbearably hot. Better for it to rain on the big day than sweat. This is perfect weather!

Old 07-30-2008, 08:36 PM

2,735 posts, read 6,733,397 times
Here in Georgia, it's 81 at 10:30 at night...my husband hates this but I love the warm, sultry southern nights

Old 08-02-2008, 01:49 PM

another wonderful cloudy Saturday along the coast today. This is the worst summer I've ever experienced in SD, what the hell is it with the weekends being cloudy?? I seriously cannot stand it anymore with these cloudy weekends!

Old 08-04-2008, 02:00 PM

so since I've been complaining about the weather a lot lately I just wanted to say yesterday was great and today is perfect. Even though it took the clouds a little while to clear the beach was great yesterday and very clear by 3pm! Mid to upper 70's in the air and 70 degrees in the water, perfect was to me. Today is even better, the marine layer wasn't even there when I went to work and temps are in the upper 70's, humid with 64 degree dewpoint, and a light breeze --- perfect weather IMO. I'm pretty tempted to leave work early and hit up the beach......

Old 08-04-2008, 11:15 PM

5,291 posts, read 12,734,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
so since I've been complaining about the weather a lot lately I just wanted to say yesterday was great and today is perfect. Even though it took the clouds a little while to clear the beach was great yesterday and very clear by 3pm! Mid to upper 70's in the air and 70 degrees in the water, perfect was to me. Today is even better, the marine layer wasn't even there when I went to work and temps are in the upper 70's, humid with 64 degree dewpoint, and a light breeze --- perfect weather IMO. I'm pretty tempted to leave work early and hit up the beach......
It's ok, you can vent here about the recent cloudy days at the beach. I do agree that today was perfect! It was 86 at my house with just enough humidity to make it a bit uncomfortable - which I like. I love looking towards the mountains and seeing the big thunderstorms building up over the mountains. Last night was the first night this year where the overnight low didn't drop below 70, because of that, the crickets were loud last night.

FYI - I just checked the water temp at Scripps Pier and it's reading 75.2! The warmest it's been so far! Mission and Solana are aren't far behind at 72 degrees. Time to go swimming after work

Last edited by sdurbanite; 08-04-2008 at 11:59 PM..

Old 08-07-2008, 03:00 PM

I really hope the rest of August stays like it has been since Sunday, this is my favorite type of SD weather along the coast, upper 70's to low 80's with some humidity, big thunderheads to east, and bright and a little breeze. I got family coming next Wed so it better stay good or I'll have to start complaining again, I swear 1/2 the time people come and visit the weather turns to crap as soon as they get here. I just wish i wasn't stuck in a god damn cubicle right now talking about how much I love this weather rather than enjoying it on the beach....

Water temps are pretty much perfect right now too:
SEA/ AIR/ STATION
66 / 69 HUNTINGTON BEACH
71 / 70 SAN CLEMENTE PIER
73 / 72 OCEANSIDE HARBOR
73 / 77 SOLANA BEACH
73 / 71 MISSION BEACH

Old 08-07-2008, 04:59 PM

5,291 posts, read 12,734,363 times
^^Those are some refreshing water temps right there! I've got my swim trunks and beach towel in the back of my car and am heading to beach after the whistle blows here at work.

This weekend is looking good so far, with maybe slight cooling Sat, then monsoonal moisture increases again on Sunday into next week.

Some friends visiting from AZ were commenting on the higher humidity and I was like, suck it up, you live in furnace...LOL! Of course, they were staying in a place without A/C, which they are not use to. I also noticed that they were sweating alot...LOL

Old 08-07-2008, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdurbanite View Post
^^Those are some refreshing water temps right there! I've got my swim trunks and beach towel in the back of my car and am heading to beach after the whistle blows here at work.

This weekend is looking good so far, with maybe slight cooling Sat, then monsoonal moisture increases again on Sunday into next week.

Some friends visiting from AZ were commenting on the higher humidity and I was like, suck it up, you live in furnace...LOL! Of course, they were staying in a place without A/C, which they are not use to. I also noticed that they were sweating alot...LOL
I keep a beach chair, swim trunks, and towel in my car too for after work b/c I work far from home! As long as it's not cloudy I don't mind a few degrees cooler, so far this week temps have been a little higher than they predicted, I think today was predicted to be 74 by the weather channel site but ended up hitting 79. And we all know how great weather forecasts are here, so hopefully it will be warmer than they predict.

Yeah I remember reading an article about Zonies and how they don't like the fact that some hotels near the beach don't have AC. Plus how bad could our humidity be when they get dewpoints in the upper 60's and even 70's sometimes with 90-100 degree temps during the monsoon season, but I guess if you don't go outside then you'd never realize how humid it can get there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego