Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2020, 12:58 AM

258 posts, read 530,890 times

Advertisements

Mother's new dentures are protruding and large.

They are also painful.

Dentist said they look "great". I see where this is headed.

I live in North County San Diego. Does anyone know where she can go that makes good dentures?

She is in North County but would consider going to San Diego.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2020, 02:31 AM

301 posts, read 162,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwblue View Post
Mother's new dentures are protruding and large.

They are also painful.

Dentist said they look "great". I see where this is headed.

I live in North County San Diego. Does anyone know where she can go that makes good dentures?

She is in North County but would consider going to San Diego.

My dentist, and I do not like dentist

https://www.drmaroon.com/services.html

Old 07-01-2020, 11:49 AM

15,107 posts, read 32,119,385 times
Tj

Old 07-01-2020, 03:37 PM

5,024 posts, read 7,522,798 times
I wear an upper denture. Permadontics built the best denture I've ever had. The prosthodontist is a complete a*hole but he's the best in town. If you are looking for cheap dentures, this is not the place to go.

https://www.permadontics.com/

Old 05-18-2021, 01:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonio Martine View Post
Are you interested in receiving dentures in Winnipeg?
Do you really think someone would travel over 2000 miles into Canada for a great fitting denture? Some of the best prosthodontists live and work in Tijuana Mexico. San Diegans can drive to TJ and back during their lunch hour.

Old 05-18-2021, 10:36 AM

10,134 posts, read 6,549,029 times
LOL, maybe there's another Winnipeg somewhere? (Well, it IS closer/more convenient than say...Sydney Australia, I guess!)

Hang in there, Tony. This is only yer 2nd post, it's bound to get better! (I hear Winnipeg has the best sno-cones in February. Even better than PepperTree Frosty in Vista! ) LOL!

Old 05-18-2021, 05:36 PM

798 posts, read 494,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruitr View Post
Do you really think someone would travel over 2000 miles into Canada for a great fitting denture? Some of the best prosthodontists live and work in Tijuana Mexico. San Diegans can drive to TJ and back during their lunch hour.

Can you drop a name or weblink?

TIA

Old 05-21-2021, 01:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redflag71 View Post
Can you drop a name or weblink? TIA
First off... the definition of a dentist in Mexico is a lot different from the US. In Mexico, a new dentist goes straight from high school to dental school. No college degree required.

There's a TV show on here in San Diego called 'Crossing South'. Link below. The host takes the viewer to trips to various places in Tijuana. In one episode, he had some dental work done in TJ and he took viewers to a dentist in TJ. The dentist's office was extremely clean and high-tech. My local dentist can't come close in technology. She still uses film for x-rays. But my dentist is a real dentist. Mexico treats dentists more like we treat electricians.

Second... I would never go to a dentist of any kind in TJ. Maybe for cleanings but that would be the limit. If a TJ dentist gets in over their head, they will send you to an American-trained dentist maybe in San Diego.

I wear an upper denture. The best prosthodontist in San Diego is a guy named Dr Gary Krueger. He built the best denture I've ever had. Perfect fit with no sealer needed. But the guy is a New Yorker a$$hole. His sales consultant was a prosthodontist in TJ. She's explains everything to me in really basic terms but she cannot get a license to practice in CA.

Crossing South TV Show
http://crossingsouth.com/

Dr Krueger owns this practice. He does 'teeth in a day' but I hired him to build me a new denture. His Mexican sales consultant's name is Elsa. She may give you a prosthodontist referral in TJ.
https://www.permadontics.com/

Dr Krueger. He's an in-your-face sort of guy.
https://kruegerdds.com/about-us/meet-dr-krueger/

Old 05-21-2021, 11:11 AM

15,107 posts, read 32,119,385 times
I have an excellent dentist in TJ, and I won't go anywhere else, even though I have dental insurance with my medical plan.

www.bajadentistry.com.

Old 07-06-2021, 04:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garth Brooks View Post
Looking to receive dentures near you?
I love Garth Brooks. He's an American Country singer not a dentist.

You sound like some sort of dental consultant. So what are you selling Garth Brooks?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
View detailed profiles of: