Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2020, 11:40 AM

15,117 posts, read 32,228,722 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JACKT721 View Post
Thats cool..to each their own. Sure..maybe a basic cleaning in TJ is fine. As for cosmetics...a lot of dentists state they are well versed in this. A regular dentist can claim he or she is adept in cosmetic procedures..while he or she may have much less experience than those who specialize in the specific field of cosmetics. I tried a basic dentist..and yep...I had a bit of a horse tooth look..which the Op wants to avoid.

I checked out the AACD website and chose a dentist with experience in dental bonding/veneers, etc...he fixed my problem and I was thrilled. AACD lists dentists based upon experience and education and actual case work which is needed in order to advance in ranking within the AACD. go to one of their websites and go into their offices to see their work.

I dont know much about TJ.. I would have no interest in visiting TJ. let alone get dental work. As for dental coverage..usually basic things will be covered. But cosmetics is almost never covered. Out of pocket expense ...I paid alot for my work and I'd do it again.

For me, I am willing to pay more for medical/dental services when needed. Does it mean I will receive superior service??? maybe not. I choose dentists and doctors within the United States..just my own personal preference.
That's good, but since you live in Denver, why are you expressing your opinions about going to dentists in TJ, when you've never been to one, and have no interest in visiting? You shouldn't even be commenting on it.

There are good and bad dentists everywhere, and that includes Denver.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2020, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Moved,

I have read online news sources TJ right now isn't a safe place to visit overall. The place kinda scares me a bit. Most places outside of the U.S. I would not travel to. I did visit Toronto..loved it. Felt it was pretty safe there.

You are right...I don't know as much about TJ when compared to San Diego folks who have actually been there. Maybe TJ is a truly nice and safe place ..and that's great.

I will only fully stand by my recommendation regarding anyone who needs cosmetic work to utilize the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry as a primary source when choosing a cosmetic dentist. Many dentists do not specialize in the field and yet claim they do. I learned the hard way. And , there are many highly ranked dentists in San Diego from the AACD.

I have never been to San Diego, but:

A. I have learned a ton about San Diego via my research.

B. I Love San Diego..warts and all.

C . I am strongly considering moving to San Diego.

D. I am over 40 years of age...if that matters.

As always, to each their own. I made a mistake when I initially chose a regular dentist for cosmetic work. I then used a dentist from the AACD and was pleased with the result.

For me, I can rationalize spending more on medical/dentist work..because I feel I may be receiving better quality service. And, cosmetic work is almost always out of pocket. And, I have chosen to not own expensive things..clothes, cars , etc...so I justify paying more for things which directly affect me..my body..my person..my overall health.

That's all really.
1. If you're basing your opinion of TJ just on what the media says, don't believe it. If you go over there or anywhere paranoid and looking for trouble, you may find it.

2. I'm well over 40, and go there quite often to see my dentist, and go the pharmacy. I've had teeth pulled, a root canal, a partial bridge made, and my teeth cleaned. The quality of care is much better in Mexico.

3. If I need an appointment right away for some reason, I can get one. If my regular dentist isn't there for some reason, the office will make me an appointment with another one.

3. I lived in TJ five years ago, but moved back to San Diego, because I didn't like commuting.

4. And all of my dental work is out of pocket, but they do take insurance. My health plan doesn't cover dental, and Medicare doesn't either, but I prefer to pay for it myself.

Old 09-10-2020, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosebud49 View Post
SIMNSA is the BEST

SIMNSA - Health Plan

FYI

The Penthouse on the 7th floor has a DAY SPA with a sauna lockers hot tea and showers

COVID-19 SAFE
I saved the SIMNSA information in case I ever need it.

Old 09-11-2020, 12:15 AM

301 posts, read 163,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moved View Post
I saved the SIMNSA information in case I ever need it.
Good, I am looking for a COVID-19 travel buddy one that is street smart.

I park at Iris Trolley and buy a day pass to visit my Dr within 15 min walking from the US MEX BORDER IN TJ

I am not afraid to take precautions and

I am AWARE of MY SURROUNDINGS

Old 09-11-2020, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Moved,

I stand corrected Regarding basic/ non cosmetic work..TJ works well. Cosmetic work is a different skill. Perhaps TJ dentists excel in this specialty as well. I did rep you...why not?

I felt most comfortable going through the AACD.

And as the fictional character Rocky Balboa has said several times.." I pretty much like everybody"
I go to www.bajadentistry.com, and my primary dentist is Dr. Florian. If you look on their website, you'll see the team of dentists, their credentials, and where they went to school. That may answer some of your questions about dentists in TJ.

Old 09-18-2020, 05:24 PM

256 posts, read 735,244 times
Thank you all for the reply. I will not be going to Tj. Have checked into AACD. Will let you know, in case some one else is looking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego