Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2024, 07:29 PM

4 posts, read 10,044 times

Advertisements

We will be in town (Mar 11-20) doing a bit of boots on the ground recon as we're planning on renting a 1br from June. Our budget is modest ($2-3k pm) and rather than have to deal with multiple listing agents I wondered if there's such a thing anymore as an experienced independent rental agent (presumably they'd get their cut from the leasing company) that could show us around the properties in our price range and desired location? Is it possible?
That would sure beat running around from place to place making separate appointments.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2024, 10:00 PM

5,733 posts, read 4,688,017 times
I'm confused.

Are you looking for a short term rental for March 11-20?

Or are you looking for a realtor that specializes in leases (I don't think they exist).

Old 03-06-2024, 09:28 AM

4 posts, read 10,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxlrod View Post
I'm confused.

Are you looking for a short term rental for March 11-20?

Or are you looking for a realtor that specializes in leases (I don't think they exist).

We're looking to rent for at least one year from June so - next week - we want to take a look around and view some apartments, get a sense of the area etc. I already responded to one apt for rent on Zumper and my email box is flooded this morning. There's got to be a better way!

Old 03-06-2024, 02:50 PM

440 posts, read 533,592 times
e your initial question, no, there aren't independent rental agents being paid by leasing companies who would take you around to view apartments like a Realtor would for buying houses. It's a highly competitive expensive market and your price range is on the low side. https://www.rentcafe.com/average-ren.../ca/san-diego/ There are property management companies: https://www.propertymanagement.com/c...-san-diego-ca/

Online discussions seem to suggest Zillow is good here for searches, by setting up alert parameters. They also suggest driving/walking around neighborhoods of interest to see if places have signs up that might not be listing online. And they say to be prepared to move fast - have credit check and deposits ready; good places will not last long.

Old 03-07-2024, 07:14 AM

10,292 posts, read 6,813,150 times
OP~ First thing you might do, is enhance your budget. Instead of "$2-3K pm" it might work better if you were in the "$4-5k pm" market, since thats what the SD market is.

Old 03-07-2024, 11:23 PM

1,536 posts, read 1,482,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NORTY FLATZ View Post
OP~ First thing you might do, is enhance your budget. Instead of "$2-3K pm" it might work better if you were in the "$4-5k pm" market, since thats what the SD market is.
"we're planning on renting a 1br from June"

Where does OP need to come up with 4-5k? Coronado, Rancho Santa Fe?????

Old 03-08-2024, 06:05 AM

10,292 posts, read 6,813,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAlt View Post
"we're planning on renting a 1br from June"
Where does OP need to come up with 4-5k? Coronado, Rancho Santa Fe?????
No, those places don't have 1bdrm apartments. But, that would be the market, there.

Maybe get a 1bdrm in Encanto. The money saved there from cheap rent can go towards bullet-proof vests.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego