Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2021, 12:04 PM

4,433 posts, read 2,453,170 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moved View Post
And while I was there, they made my second appointment for me.

Just curious, how long between shots? I thought originally they were supposed to administer them within a couple weeks but it sounds like they're pushing that limit lately. Someone said a month now?

And in case anyone is wondering, the county vaccine dashboard looks interesting. The 60/40 split between men and women and nearly double the rate of coverage in places like Clairemont, KM, La Jolla. I guess those are concentrated pockets of older folks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2021, 12:50 PM

440 posts, read 534,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joosoon View Post
Just curious, how long between shots? I thought originally they were supposed to administer them within a couple weeks but it sounds like they're pushing that limit lately. Someone said a month now?
From the beginning, they've known and publicized that the second Pfizer shot should be given three weeks after the first, and the second Moderna shot four weeks. I believe the automatic second scheduling is based on that.

Old 02-09-2021, 12:28 PM

7,379 posts, read 12,670,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruitr View Post
I have nothing but good things to say about getting our vaccines at the Petco Park Super Station on Friday. Once we found the Super Station, we had to stop at several checkpoints along the parade route but we never got out of our car. Entry to exit in the Super Station was less than an hour.

Finding the place was the most difficult part because I'm not familiar with that part of town. There are very few directional signs. We had to ask several construction workers for verbal directions.

The online schedule for the Petco Park Super Station says there are lots of time slots available for Sunday 2/7 as I type. Several before 2pm. You can get your shot tomorrow and not miss kickoff.

Btw... we had a 5:30pm time slot and we live near Mission Bay. We arrived an hour before our scheduled time and they took us right in. So go early.

https://www.sandiegocounty.gov/conte...VaxEvents.html

Thank you, cruitr! I took your advice, and since appointments popped up online Saturday night, we got appointments first thing Monday morning at Petco (7 am). We printed out Google Mapquest, so we knew where to turn etc. It took us 10 minutes in stop-and-go traffic to get to the entrance (it felt like forever, but it wasn't bad), and 50 minutes to get from the entrance through registration to the actual vaccination. 12 lanes going down to 3 lanes wasn't exactly smooth, and depended a lot on people's sense of fairness. They could have used a couple of traffic cops. But overall it was an easy process. The health questionnaire at Vons was a lot more detailed--here they just wanted to know if you had had an allergic reaction to any vaccines. We were surprised that the 15-minute wait took place at the vaccination site, and not off to the side, but that's probably a matter of logistics. Anyway, the whole process from entering to exiting took 1 hour and 15 minutes (we were done at 8:15). But we could tell that the lines were stacking up behind us, so it may have become more intense later in the day.

We were scheduled for the 2nd shot ((Moderna) 4 weeks from now, but we have to sign up with MyChart at the UCSD website.

Yes, go early!

Old 02-09-2021, 02:58 PM

15,129 posts, read 32,326,222 times
Apparently everyone is going to Petco on the weekdays, because when I went on Saturday, it was pretty empty. And I also didn't drive, so I was in and out in less than 15 minutes.

Old 02-09-2021, 05:51 PM

6,893 posts, read 8,935,812 times
Surprising that no one here is all-in on hydroxychloroquine as trump federally stockpiled millions of doses, wasted your tax dollar (and on so many other things). Folks were very outspoken on this a few months ago. Some fell for the deranged trump con. Let's increase the vaccine supply. Biden ordered 300M more doses because trump under ordered but at least the seditious trump got his doses in a timely manner but not you

Old 02-10-2021, 10:58 AM

10,306 posts, read 6,842,111 times
CVS today

Old 02-11-2021, 11:23 AM

4,294 posts, read 4,428,857 times
Any idea how people with no cars get their shots ?

Old 02-11-2021, 01:44 PM

6,893 posts, read 8,935,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNYC View Post
Any idea how people with no cars get their shots ?
San Marcos and other super sites

Old 02-11-2021, 01:57 PM

4,294 posts, read 4,428,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloom View Post
San Marcos and other super sites
So super sites in general have car and Ped lanes ? Th problem is getting there. Hopefully Scripps will come through for onsite appts. They do send periodic updates to my email.

Also hoping by summer latest Walgreens and CVS will be doing it....right ?

I think the main issue is just supply ! People seem to be ready to give it if they had more available. A good sign in a F'd up situation......

Old 02-11-2021, 02:43 PM

15,129 posts, read 32,326,222 times
I heard that CVS has the vaccine now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego