Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2021, 02:52 PM

6,893 posts, read 8,934,496 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNYC View Post
So super sites in general have car and Ped lanes ? Th problem is getting there. Hopefully Scripps will come through for onsite appts. They do send periodic updates to my email.

I think the main issue is just supply ! People seem to be ready to give it if they had more available. A good sign in a F'd up situation......
Several super sites are in person not in car. Take public transportation, uberlyft, walk, or other to get there.

Currently seems more throughput issue than supply in SD but Idk
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2021, 04:19 PM

15,129 posts, read 32,322,556 times
Super sites have both pedestrian and car lanes. Check with Ralph's, I heard that some stores are giving them, and the same goes for CVS.

Old 02-11-2021, 06:06 PM

4,294 posts, read 4,428,020 times
Great.

Thank You.

Old 02-11-2021, 08:41 PM

I would just start calling the pharmacies, eventually you'll find one that's giving it.

Old 02-11-2021, 10:40 PM

4,294 posts, read 4,428,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moved View Post
I would just start calling the pharmacies, eventually you'll find one that's giving it.
I assume by the time my number is called there will "hopefully" be enough stock for my local Walgreens and CvS like you say.

Old 02-12-2021, 10:40 AM

More vaccination stations are being opened every week, which means more vaccines will be coming in.

Old 02-13-2021, 10:23 AM

29,513 posts, read 22,647,873 times
One thing not mentioned here, that is definitely worth considering, is which vaccine you will receive.

Petco Park only has the Moderna vaccine. The Moderna vaccine is powerful, but some studies show that it is slightly less effective against one of the emerging South African variants (Moderna is considering adding additional booster shots in response).

The other mRNA vaccine, Pfizer, seems to be effective against the new variants.

If I had known this, I might have reconsidered, but it is what it is, hopefully they'll offer additional booster shots once everyone else gets vaccinated.

I don't know which location offers which but if this is important to people they could do their own research. This is per the UCSD vaccination website:

Quote:
The FDA has granted emergency use authorization (EUA) to COVID-19 vaccines from Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna. We are receiving vaccine shipments from both companies. Both require two doses. Pfizer vaccines doses are scheduled roughly 21 days apart, and Moderna vaccine doses are scheduled roughly 28 days apart. All patients who go to Petco Park will receive Moderna vaccines. At RIMAC, we usually schedule Moderna vaccines on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Saturdays, and we usually schedule Pfizer vaccines on Sundays, Thursdays and Fridays.

Old 02-13-2021, 05:04 PM

6,893 posts, read 8,934,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
One thing not mentioned here, that is definitely worth considering, is which vaccine you will receive.

Petco Park only has the Moderna vaccine. The Moderna vaccine is powerful, but some studies show that it is slightly less effective against one of the emerging South African variants (Moderna is considering adding additional booster shots in response).

The other mRNA vaccine, Pfizer, seems to be effective against the new variants.

If I had known this, I might have reconsidered, but it is what it is, hopefully they'll offer additional booster shots once everyone else gets vaccinated.

I don't know which location offers which but if this is important to people they could do their own research. This is per the UCSD vaccination website:
Unsure if that is true. Moderna showed an 8 fold drop in effectiveness vs South Africa, while Pizer a 6 fold drop. This was a lab test not real world clinical efficacy. 6 and 8 are the same and not a 100 or 10,000 fold drop and thought not meaningful when translated to clicnial readout. In contrast, one of the other ones (not sure if JnJ or AZ or Nova) showed poor efficacy in the actual country of SA; none approved in US but will be soon. Much unknown. Bottom line, so far, no real difference between Moderna and Pfizer (though I remem liking pfizer based on very early preclinical results). Get either Moderna vs Pfizer asap vs zero. Both are 95% effective. The next approvals(AZ JnJ Nova) may be in 75% range, still great. trump prefers hydroxychloroquine and conning dumb people

Old 02-14-2021, 12:27 PM

4,433 posts, read 2,452,129 times
Would anyone hold out on getting the vaccine just over the particular brand? Considering that all the "science" here indicates vaccinated people can still get infected with covid anyway, what's the difference?

Old 02-27-2021, 03:55 AM

5,024 posts, read 7,574,371 times
My wife and I had 2nd shot appts for Mar 5th. We've been bumped to Mar 9th. Has this happened to anyone else?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego