Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2008, 06:55 PM

3,292 posts, read 4,472,269 times

Advertisements

Why do you need to buy? Just rent property in a decent area and sock the rest you would've spent on a house in some other investments.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2008, 11:27 PM

3,663 posts, read 8,661,841 times
My sister and her husband lives in Rancho Penasquitos and they both have very high paying jobs. So $100,000 might not be enough, her house is valued at $800,000. My husband and I would like to move there also, we make over $---,--- and we know we could not live as comfortably as they do in that area. Everything costs so much more, it all adds up.

Old 05-11-2008, 02:13 AM

Location: Silver Spring, Maryland / But still having San Diego / Eastlake withdrawal damn it !!!
340 posts, read 1,411,864 times
You definitely don't want to commute to San Diego from Temecula OMG that would be a trip from hell.

You really need to make a trip out here and find a good Realtor. Not to mention checking out the hospitals for work.

There another thing to remember that you might not be use to being from Virginia. I came out here from Va.Beach. That the Eastern part of the county and the North county got hit hard by the latest fires this past fall. So you might want to google and take a look at where the fires seem to always pop up.

We were lucky to settle in East Chula Vista area and got lucky on finding a great community. There are alot of good buys out here now with all the foreclosures. Now we are renting only because we're military and are having to go back east to the DC area . We are going to miss it here.

Old 05-11-2008, 07:52 AM

242 posts, read 827,074 times
Well actually we are originally from California (Inland Empire). My husband is also in the military stationed at Andrews Air Force Base, but I moved to VA to go to school! What part of the DC area?? I am not a fan of DC either, its confusing to get around and so different! I really liked living on Andrews but the second you left base was NO fun!!

Old 05-11-2008, 01:53 PM

10 posts, read 31,613 times
We are moving to California from Scotland Uk and looking for some info on where to live. Needs to be somewhere that is suitable for a young family and not too expensive for housing.
We are willing to rent initially with a view to buying in 6 months to 1 year. Was thinking of Solano beach, Del Mar, Encinitas or Calabasas.

We are setting up business also and looking for some commercial real estate around 1100 sq feet in an area with high footfall.
The business will be a stunning hair and beauty day spa.

Help !! Thanks

Old 05-12-2008, 04:13 PM

2,397 posts, read 6,454,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by melbon7462 View Post
Yes I am very familiar with OC but I could never bring myself to live in such an expensive area...I would hate to be house poor. Not to familiar with san diego so I guess I just need to plan a trip and explore my options. I have heard so many good things about san diego, and the pictures (thread) are beautiful. But all in all if I do decide on temecula I would only be an hour away from san diego so I can enjoy all the beauty!
You won't be seeing much beauty driving in the dark! That's how early you'd have to leave to get to San Diego with traffic. A couple of my SO's co-workers live in Temecula and make the commute daily. They leave really early in the morning to avoid traffic. Besides, you cannot be ogling the beauty as you're driving 70-80 mph. You're likely to cause an accident, if you do!

Old 05-12-2008, 05:05 PM

17 posts, read 55,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asitshouldbe View Post
My sister and her husband lives in Rancho Penasquitos and they both have very high paying jobs. So $100,000 might not be enough, her house is valued at $800,000. My husband and I would like to move there also, we make over $---,--- and we know we could not live as comfortably as they do in that area. Everything costs so much more, it all adds up.
I bought my first house in RP in 2004 for 440K (then sold it in 2005), current values in that particular neighborhood are 450-500K, it was a nice 3 Bedroom with Canyon Views. I know there are some newer developments there that might be where the 800,000 is coming from, but the 70's and 80's developments are potentially affordable on 100,000 to 120,000 salary.

It was a nice family neighborhood, kids and dogs could be outside without having to worry too much.

Old 05-13-2008, 04:16 PM

5 posts, read 11,219 times
I've lived in Rancho Bernardo for 22 years and work for the PUSD for 16...move to Penasquitos. The houses are a tad cheaper than Rancho Bernardo and Poway, great schools, low crime and with all the foreclosures you may get a shot at a nice house for $500,000 and an OK one for $400,000. If you need a little a bit more than I think Rancho Bernardo is a tad chaeper than Poway but maybe not...anyway any of those three are great towns for family, not to bad a commute to CH and lower crime than most. Great Hospital in Poway. Pomerado hospital. ask me any questions, i remember trying to decide where to move too.

Last edited by kath763; 05-13-2008 at 04:18 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 05-13-2008, 10:05 PM

737 posts, read 2,458,572 times
Bought a house up in Clairemont on a large lot for $75,000 back in early 80s.
Last time it was sold the selling price was $480,000.
Bought a house and acreage up in Ramona for $175,000 back in '94.
Last time it was sold the selling price was $407,000.
No way could I ever go back and live there again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego