Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2022, 08:40 PM

5,734 posts, read 4,688,017 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Our Stop N' Shops and Wegman's are posting signs that masks are "strongly encouraged." Before last week the signs said they were required.
That's in NY. We're talking San Diego here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2022, 12:10 AM

4,433 posts, read 2,447,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moved View Post
This was at the one in College Grove. There was a sign on the door, and an employee was standing there with a box of masks in order to give to people that came in the door without one.

I'm going to go out on a safe limb here and assume this is the extent of enforcing an individual store or company policy. Management puts some poor employee at the door with some masks, next to a sign, and the business made an effort to make sure all patrons were masked upon entry. It's not totally lawsuit-proof because nothing ever is, but it's good enough to claim "hey, we tried" in the infinitesimally small chance that it becomes actionable.

How many of these places that are still planning to ask people to wear masks are going to actually confront customers who don't and tell them to leave? I'm guessing none.

Old 03-01-2022, 06:41 AM

3,069 posts, read 1,737,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joosoon View Post
I'm going to go out on a safe limb here and assume this is the extent of enforcing an individual store or company policy. Management puts some poor employee at the door with some masks, next to a sign, and the business made an effort to make sure all patrons were masked upon entry. It's not totally lawsuit-proof because nothing ever is, but it's good enough to claim "hey, we tried" in the infinitesimally small chance that it becomes actionable.

How many of these places that are still planning to ask people to wear masks are going to actually confront customers who don't and tell them to leave? I'm guessing none.
That’s exactly how REI was doing it

Old 03-01-2022, 08:51 AM

50,244 posts, read 46,997,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stablegenius View Post
That’s exactly how REI was doing it
I'm surprised REI as a brick and mortar store still survives.

Old 03-01-2022, 09:34 AM

3,416 posts, read 2,452,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
I'm surprised REI as a brick and mortar store still survives.
Easy to stay solvent with their prices.

Old 03-01-2022, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoSoup View Post
LOL yeah, exactly.

Old 03-01-2022, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoSoup View Post
I just can't believe people keep buying from them. The only thing they've had I could not get from some other store was a buckle for a backpack. If I had more time I'd have just ordered off the net. Everything I've seen in the local store was 20-40% more expensive. They had the exact same battery lantern that big 5 was selling for $6 dollars for $15.

Old 03-01-2022, 11:43 AM

Quote:
I just can't believe people keep buying from them. The only thing they've had I could not get from some other store was a buckle for a backpack. If I had more time I'd have just ordered off the net. Everything I've seen in the local store was 20-40% more expensive. They had the exact same battery lantern that big 5 was selling for $6 dollars for $15.
I went there looking for a very specific type of jacket I couldn't find anywhere else. I was disappointed as it's such a small store, they did not have a whole lot. I rented rock climbing shoes from them once.

Old 03-01-2022, 11:57 AM

15,128 posts, read 32,311,390 times
Quote:
I bought a Patagonia down jacket from them. It was the same price as the store in Encinitas, and saved me a trip there.

Old 03-01-2022, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moved View Post
I bought a Patagonia down jacket from them. It was the same price as the store in Encinitas, and saved me a trip there.
I tried some boots at REI I liked then googled the price and found them 40 bucks cheaper on Amazon. If it was closer I probably would have bought them but 40 bucks is 40 bucks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego