U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2021, 10:09 AM

230 posts, read 232,446 times

Advertisements

I know we have to tread lightly given some strong feelings either for or against, but I thought it may be useful for those of us locally and potential re-locators interested in tracking the progress of ethnic studies, anti-racism, etc. that may not be exactly Critical Race Theory but are at least tangential to it. This thread is NOT to discuss whether it is a good or bad thing, just a data source for local school districts.

It seems many school districts are putting programs in place, here's a short list to start:

San Diego Unified - Ethnic Studies and Anti-racism funding just approved 6/22/21 throughout the district. Few details, no mention of how it relates to Critical Race Theory or what grade levels it will be introduced.

Poway Unified - Ethnic Studies (high school only I think?) courses as part of the larger Racial Equity & Inclusion Plan were approved in the spring. They specifically state it is NOT Critical Race Theory.

Can't find anything for San Dieguito High, Encinitas Union (our zoned districts), or any other districts throughout the county. I'm hoping some locals can help fill in the gaps with details to paint a clearer picture on how this topic is being introduced county wide at various grade levels.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2021, 12:20 PM

1,292 posts, read 522,720 times
Good luck keeping this thread from devolving into good vs bad....

Old 06-23-2021, 02:23 PM

2,374 posts, read 686,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blockzilla View Post
It seems many school districts are putting programs in place, here's a short list to start:

San Diego Unified - Ethnic Studies and Anti-racism funding just approved 6/22/21 throughout the district. Few details, no mention of how it relates to Critical Race Theory or what grade levels it will be introduced.

Where are you seeing that the funding is meant for or tied to actual curriculum? I'm just wondering. I don't think that's the case. Also, the group behind stoking the flames of CRT is trying to sue the district over a mandatory training that everyone I know doesn't even recall doing. I'm sure there's something to it, but this looks like the typical molehill turns mountain sort of incident.

I don't know about the other districts.

It's hard to comment on something without any actual details.

Old 06-23-2021, 03:29 PM

230 posts, read 232,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joosoon View Post
Where are you seeing that the funding is meant for or tied to actual curriculum? I'm just wondering. I don't think that's the case. Also, the group behind stoking the flames of CRT is trying to sue the district over a mandatory training that everyone I know doesn't even recall doing. I'm sure there's something to it, but this looks like the typical molehill turns mountain sort of incident.

I don't know about the other districts.

It's hard to comment on something without any actual details.
https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com...d-of-education

The title of the article is "San Diego Unified board approves ethnic studies funding", then the first line of the article is "The San Diego Unified School Board Tuesday night unanimously approved a plan that will include ethnic studies and anti-racism education and training throughout the school district."

This lead me to derive that the funding was tied to education (curriculum). There's also this article below from a few days before that included the following quote "A plan to implement ethnic studies for all students kindergarten through high school at San Diego Unified schools is underway as part of the district’s plan looking ahead at the next three years."

https://fox5sandiego.com/news/local-...diego-unified/

Seems pretty cut and dry that funding has been approved to implement these plans?

Old 06-23-2021, 08:12 PM

346 posts, read 146,731 times
Critical race theory ������ You mean white supremacy which is a fact and should be taught in every school in amerikkka. It's not a theory it happened and the foundation of Amerikkka was built on racism the reason we're so powerful today is because of white supremacy and the horrible atrocities that happened. Why is amerikkka so afraid of talking about its past? Everywhere I turn white supremacist tell me ON SOCIAL MEDIA THAT THE STATUES ARE OUR HISTORY AND WE SHOULD EMBRACE OUR PAST. Now critical race THEORY scares them. Don't want the secrets out ������

Old 06-23-2021, 08:32 PM

42,121 posts, read 38,037,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadsuper55 View Post
Critical race theory ������ You mean white supremacy which is a fact and should be taught in every school in amerikkka. It's not a theory it happened and the foundation of Amerikkka was built on racism the reason we're so powerful today is because of white supremacy and the horrible atrocities that happened. Why is amerikkka so afraid of talking about its past? Everywhere I turn white supremacist tell me ON SOCIAL MEDIA THAT THE STATUES ARE OUR HISTORY AND WE SHOULD EMBRACE OUR PAST. Now critical race THEORY scares them. Don't want the secrets out ������
Find me anyone alive today that has a slave? Would you like to renounce your citizenship, we'll give you a million dollars and ship you to your Country of choice? The kicker is you can't even come back on vacation. Deal? Best tax money ever spent.

Old 06-23-2021, 08:35 PM

33,936 posts, read 37,477,518 times
This is all just a power grab and if you can't see it by now there's no helping you.

Old 06-23-2021, 08:41 PM

1,998 posts, read 745,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadsuper55 View Post

Sounds like someone has had no success at anything in life and needs someone to blame, because their lack of success cannot be due to their own ineptitude.

Old 06-23-2021, 10:19 PM

5,313 posts, read 5,489,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stablegenius View Post
Good luck keeping this thread from devolving into good vs bad....
Oh no, this thread is bringing in other forum regulars.

Old 06-23-2021, 10:35 PM

42,121 posts, read 38,037,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacInTx View Post
Sounds like someone has had no success at anything in life and needs someone to blame, because their lack of success cannot be due to their own ineptitude.
Being a minority this stuff really bugs me. Everyone gets a free HS education and for the most part even College in bigger Cities. It's embarrassing to see these people that had free school meals and after school care when the latch key kids were home alone because everyone was working. Still blaming the "system" when it's been reverse for at least 20 years.

Pathetic.

Donate some time at public schools, get an eye opener folks. Or not and Cad can still keep finding a scapegoat. What a pathetic way to move through life. I had a roommate like this that partied every weekend and couldn't pay bills because they had no money. How can I give you what I don't have. This thread reeks of this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego