Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2021, 10:16 AM

3,345 posts, read 2,305,550 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnojr View Post
FWIW, here in Chandler AZ most fireworks that don't shoot up into the sky are legal. But everyone has the ones that shoot up into the sky, especially after idiot government decided that fireworks somehow spread COVID and got rid of the official shows.

People like fireworks. What are you going to do? We have a dog that goes nuts, and we don't care to hear them after about 9PM, but we aren't kings of the world. Dealing with fireworks a couple of days a year is a small price to pay for that little thing called freedom.
I heard that in Arizona since 2007 or so pretty much all safety tested novelty fireworks were legal statewide as well as the stands selling them, and local governments cannot blanket ban them unless there is an extreme fire risk that year in that area. This should be the norm nationwide. There is no reason for non wildfire zones that are rocky and normally 100% humid at summer evenings such as Imperial Beach, National City, Del Mar to restrict heavily safety regulated novelty fireworks. There are absolutely no hills or dry brush in those cities. Same goes for cities in the extreme east county deserts. As I mentioned earlier fireworks stands really help keep the black market(unregulated and selling much more dangerous and annoying stuff) smaller. Though it appears local governments in SD are in bed with the illegal fireworks mafia(likely with connections over the border) thus have no interests in legalizing state legal fireworks stands nor crack down on the dangerous black market stuff.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2021, 10:47 PM

50,239 posts, read 46,997,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizensadvocate View Post
I heard that in Arizona since 2007 or so pretty much all safety tested novelty fireworks were legal statewide as well as the stands selling them, and local governments cannot blanket ban them unless there is an extreme fire risk that year in that area. This should be the norm nationwide. There is no reason for non wildfire zones that are rocky and normally 100% humid at summer evenings such as Imperial Beach, National City, Del Mar to restrict heavily safety regulated novelty fireworks. There are absolutely no hills or dry brush in those cities. Same goes for cities in the extreme east county deserts. As I mentioned earlier fireworks stands really help keep the black market(unregulated and selling much more dangerous and annoying stuff) smaller. Though it appears local governments in SD are in bed with the illegal fireworks mafia(likely with connections over the border) thus have no interests in legalizing state legal fireworks stands nor crack down on the dangerous black market stuff.
Different States have different laws. Az sells them but not the good ones. You have to go to NM or TX for the really good ones now.

Old 07-20-2021, 09:24 AM

9,525 posts, read 30,465,926 times
Quote:
There is no reason for non wildfire zones that are rocky and normally 100% humid at summer evenings such as Imperial Beach, National City, Del Mar to restrict heavily safety regulated novelty fireworks. There are absolutely no hills or dry brush in those cities. Same goes for cities in the extreme east county deserts. As I mentioned earlier fireworks stands really help keep the black market(unregulated and selling much more dangerous and annoying stuff) smaller. Though it appears local governments in SD are in bed with the illegal fireworks mafia(likely with connections over the border) thus have no interests in legalizing state legal fireworks stands nor crack down on the dangerous black market stuff.
There are dry brushy hillsides all over Del Mar and National City.

Old 07-20-2021, 12:34 PM

6,420 posts, read 11,590,922 times
Here's one way to deal with the problem: Two Lumps

Old 08-01-2021, 08:37 PM

3,345 posts, read 2,305,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYSD1995 View Post
There are dry brushy hillsides all over Del Mar and National City.

Possibly I should had mentioned Coronado which is entirely surrounded by water and no brush at all. Though these coastal cities I mentioned are often so saturated by moisture every evening like 100% humidity by sundown during June Gloom and early July in most all years its pretty much impossible for anything natural vegetation to burn. Especially with those overregulated stuff which should shrink the much more dangerous black market which are already set off everywhere. Ironically there are so many inland cities with much more dry vegetation that normally allow fireworks stands.

Old 08-04-2021, 01:19 AM

3,698 posts, read 1,361,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer46 View Post
Aah, I loved bottle rockets as a kid and we set them off all the time in OC, where I grew up.
Apparently its a thing now to lie face down on the ground and fire em out of your butt. Never tried it, but if I was 12 years old or so I guess it would be mandatory

Quote:

I made my own fire crackers using the Caps we used for Cap Guns.
Technically thats bomb making, might get a visit from the ATF if it got out of hand.

When I was about, oh, 12 years old, I had a friend whose parents put a cesspool in their backyard to dispose of dog doo, it was about 3ft from a vast white stucco wall. I convinced my friend it would be a fabulous idea to throw an m-80 into it then throw the lid on it. Ok he wasnt convinced but I did it anyway. Blew the lid about 25 ft in the air, and coated the whole wall and a good part of the yard and patio with dog doo. Dog doo that had been fermenting in a hole in the ground for years.
I wasnt allowed at his house ever again and wasnt allowed to leave mine for the rest of the summer. This happened in 1974 and my backside is still red from the can of whoopass my dad opened up on me when he got home from work.

And I would absolutely positively do it again.

Old 08-04-2021, 01:43 PM

9,820 posts, read 11,536,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phinneas j. whoopee View Post
Apparently its a thing now to lie face down on the ground and fire em out of your butt. Never tried it, but if I was 12 years old or so I guess it would be mandatory

Technically thats bomb making, might get a visit from the ATF if it got out of hand.

When I was about, oh, 12 years old, I had a friend whose parents put a cesspool in their backyard to dispose of dog doo, it was about 3ft from a vast white stucco wall. I convinced my friend it would be a fabulous idea to throw an m-80 into it then throw the lid on it. Ok he wasnt convinced but I did it anyway. Blew the lid about 25 ft in the air, and coated the whole wall and a good part of the yard and patio with dog doo. Dog doo that had been fermenting in a hole in the ground for years.
I wasnt allowed at his house ever again and wasnt allowed to leave mine for the rest of the summer. This happened in 1974 and my backside is still red from the can of whoopass my dad opened up on me when he got home from work.

And I would absolutely positively do it again.
Wholly Crap that's awesome, well not the butt whoopin, but pretty kool.

Old 08-07-2021, 09:54 AM

3,285 posts, read 2,659,842 times
Quote:
I heard that in Arizona since 2007 or so pretty much all safety tested novelty fireworks were legal statewide as well as the stands selling them, and local governments cannot blanket ban them unless there is an extreme fire risk that year in that area. This should be the norm nationwide.
Even though the stuff you fire into the air is illegal here... everyone does it.

I'm no huge fan of fireworks all night long. I especially don't like New Year's Eve, when the yahoos are well and truly drunk before they start lighting them off all night long. One of our dogs goes nuts, and we don't get much sleep both nights. But that's freedom. Nextdoor is full of whiners, "Oh, this is awful, we should ban fireworks! Even though the laws we have now do nothing, and the laws we want do nothing in other places, we want more laws!!!"

Old 08-07-2021, 05:18 PM

2,209 posts, read 1,779,558 times
Originally Posted by Racer46
Aah, I loved bottle rockets as a kid and we set them off all the time in OC, where I grew up.

Quote:

I made my own fire crackers using the Caps we used for Cap Guns.
Well I was about 9 years old at the time and it was in the 1950's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego