Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2022, 11:12 AM

3,079 posts, read 1,745,013 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wp169 View Post
You could walk into a cloud of covid particles an infected person left in the air, you don't have to be near them: see below:

In a report published in early December, Hong Kong scientists describe how a traveler in quarantine at a hotel had infected a person staying across the hallway but never actually had face-to-face contact. “Airborne transmission across the corridor” is the most probable explanation, the authors conclude.

“That suggests a very small amount of the virus was able to cause an infection,” says Dr. Michael Klompas, an infectious disease physician and hospital epidemiologist at Brigham and Women’s Hospital. This could mean that omicron requires a smaller dose than previous variants to infect people, although there’s no data yet to establish whether that is true, he says.

https://www.wabe.org/omicron-is-spre...igure-out-why/
I suppose so, but seeing as I'm tripled vaxxed and Omicron is so mild, I'll take my chances.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2022, 11:28 AM

382 posts, read 179,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
The reference to “3-4 hours” duration appears to be about:
* mask cleanliness
* attitude tolerance
… not about physical limitation / health risk.

A better discussion than your link:
https://en.adioscorona.org/questions...s-maximum.html

Another friend is a U.S. Army retired pulmonologist who also has told me he had no problems ever in his career wearing facemasks all day.

Now, that said, in both cases, girlfriend and doctor friend, obviously had numerous opportunities to remove their masks throughout the work days. Breaks, lunch, office report-writing time at computer alone …. Etc.

But point of bringing this up is to counter any inclination for some people to advance the belief that there is some kind of physical barrier to mask-wearing.
I read that adios-corona but chose not to post it because it does talk about the cleanliness and tolerance for mask use even though there's discussion of the WHO's thoughts. That's why I posted the other once since it said the manufacturer recommends 3-4 hours. I see in your link France recommends 4 hours, although again based on tolerance.

You're right about many breaks throughout the day, but my point was keeping it on for a full 6 hours or longer on a plane or even a teacher who doesn't tend to have really any breaks throughout the day. Not to mention a teacher is talking all day, whereas a surgeon isn't.

I never mentioned physical limitation, but as I said try to wear that mask for 6 full hours with no breaks. Not something I would want to do. Maybe people don't feel that way, but I bet a large percentage wouldn't want to either. To each his own. And I think we're still talking about N95s and not regular masks or even KN95s which seem to be able to be worn longer, which I have on many flights over the last 2 years.

Old 01-07-2022, 05:44 AM

9,824 posts, read 11,548,625 times
Flu numbers are still Down from years past though. Mask wear and people washing their hands has helped.
The real problem now is, the triple vaxxed are now
Walking around acting like everything is all Good and catching, spreading Coivd.

Old 01-07-2022, 07:53 AM

6,420 posts, read 11,596,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
Flu numbers are still Down from years past though. Mask wear and people washing their hands has helped.
The real problem now is, the triple vaxxed are now
Walking around acting like everything is all Good and catching, spreading Coivd.
I would guess that's the anti-vaxxers rather than the triple- vaxxed. The people sensible enough to be triple-vaxxed are also sensible enough to doubt that everyone going around unmasked is vaxxed at all. And I, for one, ain't stopping to ask them!

Old 01-11-2022, 07:23 AM

4,754 posts, read 2,976,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oddstray View Post
I would guess that's the anti-vaxxers rather than the triple- vaxxed. The people sensible enough to be triple-vaxxed are also sensible enough to doubt that everyone going around unmasked is vaxxed at all. And I, for one, ain't stopping to ask them!
But the triple vaxxed are the ones with lessened sypmtoms right? They wouldnt know they had covid as easily as an unvaxxed person who has likely been out and about unbothered for the past two years anyway (and building immunity naturally in the process).

Old 01-11-2022, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DabOnEm View Post
(and building immunity naturally in the process).
Show me Science that proves the human body builds immunity against Covid-19, I wait over here for your answer
Quote:
A mild case of an illness may not result in strong natural immunity. New studies show that natural immunity to the coronavirus weakens (wanes) over time, and does so faster than immunity provided by COVID-19 vaccination.
The more you know
Signed The CDC and every epidemiologist not part of Church.

Old 01-11-2022, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Show me Science that proves the human body builds immunity against Covid-19, I wait over here for your answer
The more you know
Signed The CDC and every epidemiologist not part of Church.
Wait, are you seriously saying there is no such thing as natural immunity with covid-19? Even the quote you gave was not 100% with it as they use "may not result", as in there is high possibility you still will get natural immunity.

Quote:
Getting COVID-19 may offer some natural protection, known as immunity. Current evidence suggests that reinfection with the virus that causes COVID-19 is uncommon in the 90 days after initial infection.
https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-1...M:gen:PTN:FY22

Signed by people with common sense who understand natural immunity is not a conspiracy theory.

Besides right now it's estimated vaccine immunity only lasts 2-4 weeks. Natural immunity lasts longer than that and has always been seen in the medical community, of course until this plandemic, as the best form of immunity.

Old 01-11-2022, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Wait, are you seriously saying there is no such thing as natural immunity with covid-19? Even the quote you gave was not 100% with it as they use "may not result", as in there is high possibility you still will get natural immunity.

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-1...M:gen:PTN:FY22

Signed by people with common sense who understand natural immunity is not a conspiracy theory.

Besides right now it's estimated vaccine immunity only lasts 2-4 weeks. Natural immunity lasts longer than that and has always been seen in the medical community, of course until this plandemic, as the best form of immunity.
You didn't understand the Assignment
Covid-19 is a little different

Old 01-12-2022, 03:47 PM

Quote:
You didn't understand the Assignment
Covid-19 is a little different
Quick go tell nature.com who just released this article yesterday:

Quote:
Burgers and Riou, who both work at the University of Cape Town in South Africa, had studied previous variants and found that, although the emerging coronaviruses weakened people’s antibody defences, another arm of the immune system — mediated by specialized cells called T cells — could still recognize the pathogens. But Omicron was more heavily mutated than any variant they’d studied before. How might this affect the immunity, hard won through vaccinations and previous infections, that populations were counting on to lessen the blow of COVID-19 surges? “With two to three times the amount of mutations, that made us think, ‘Hmmm, we need to answer this question pretty quickly,’” says Burgers.
https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-022-00063-0

So how is covid different?

Old 01-12-2022, 06:11 PM

6,893 posts, read 8,935,812 times
Quote:

So how is covid different?
Higher relative combined transmission, mutational, serious illness rate
Durable immunity remains a moving target in terms of fully understanding as only 2 years out
Risk-safety benefit analysis of vaccines strongly suggests full vaxx recommendation
And still mask up when in crowds on balance
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego