Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2021, 05:26 AM

12,766 posts, read 18,376,224 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizensadvocate View Post
Just curious how many places still have the Johnson & Johnson vaccine these days? They had an event on June 26th at the Padre stadium.

Its interesting every place that does anything related to COVID whether its testing or Vaccines seem to have a no photo/video sign. I be curious what they shady things they are trying to hide. I never see such signs at the Flu Vaccine clinic right next door or anywhere else. At the Padre stadium the "park" next to the vaccine event became a forbidden zone during that event. I heard its normally accessible to the public.
I dont think they’re hiding anything. It’s prob due to HIPAA, like if u took a pic & someone was in the background … ppl would know they were getting the vaxx too that day. Things like that are supposed to be protected. Sure its not a big deal but u arent allowed to share other ppl’s medical info so I think thats why.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2021, 09:13 AM

3,079 posts, read 1,743,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizensadvocate View Post

Its interesting every place that does anything related to COVID whether its testing or Vaccines seem to have a no photo/video sign. I be curious what they shady things they are trying to hide. I never see such signs at the Flu Vaccine clinic right next door or anywhere else.
Probably just because people are D-bags and take selfies after or while getting the shot. They need to keep the line moving, ain't nobody got time fo' that. I'm sure the healthcare workers get annoyed at the people doing that as well.

Old 07-16-2021, 09:17 AM

3,079 posts, read 1,743,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruitr View Post
We were jabbed back in March and April. However, we were in Los Angeles this last weekend. Almost everyone in LA was wearing face masks again. It seems the vaccine doesn't offer much protection from the D variant.

https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2021...and-residents/
People in LA are hysterical and don't follow the science or they're watching news shows who want to spread more fear for ratings. The vaccines provide plenty of protection against the D variant in that you don't die and you don't get that sick.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/12/most...who-says-.html

Old 07-16-2021, 01:05 PM

9,526 posts, read 30,475,285 times
If this pandemic has taught me anything, it's the sorry state of science education in this country. I can't believe anti-vax has become a mainstream, political position. If you had asked me 5 years ago I could have never imagined it. You've got people slugging down diet cokes, obese and athersclerotic, maxing out on sodium and fat everry day, and now they are worried about their health ???

I know people with backgrounds in biology who won't take the vaccine (I work for a lab) and everyone is just like WTF. The internet is clearly too powerful for most people, they just cant separate the actual facts from the crazy. I guess it doesnt help when global world leaders deny facts even in the face of proof. This country is just a 3rd world place now, a bunch of uneducated rubes and a global elite who exists to exploit them.

Old 07-16-2021, 02:31 PM

6,893 posts, read 8,934,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
As already reported, the vaccine doesn't protect everyone from the D scarient.
Really, bud. The anti-science conspiracists got you now.

Old 07-16-2021, 04:03 PM

3,347 posts, read 2,310,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawg8181 View Post
I dont think they’re hiding anything. It’s prob due to HIPAA, like if u took a pic & someone was in the background … ppl would know they were getting the vaxx too that day. Things like that are supposed to be protected. Sure its not a big deal but u arent allowed to share other ppl’s medical info so I think thats why.
If that’s the case how come post Covid outside car side medical stations or flu shot spaces don’t have the same signs. Surely privacy would more of an issue there in fact too much more of an issue as the doctor would need the patients’ chart for a health visit. A photo or video could inadvertently capture Protected Health information on such a chart. Actually I never seen such a no photo/video sign inside a medical center or clinic i been to in the past. the first time I see such a sign at Scripps coastal or any clinic is at a newly setup Covid testing site that wasn’t even being used.. If it’s for medical or health information privacy act wouldn’t curb side doctors spaces have such signs as well.

Even Though it doesn’t stop people from taking pictures or videos from the Public sidewalk alongside though. Though on the flipside news anchors often do video reports of mass vaccine sites with people coming in lining up and getting the shots. Which I see on news TV quite a number of times this year. I am beginning to think they are afraid of revealing the truth of how they test people. Also they really don’t want videos of those potentially suffering allergic reactions after a shot to go viral on social media thus discouraging more people from getting the shot.

Old 07-16-2021, 04:43 PM

9,824 posts, read 11,546,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stablegenius View Post
People in LA are hysterical and don't follow the science or they're watching news shows who want to spread more fear for ratings. The vaccines provide plenty of protection against the D variant in that you don't die and you don't get that sick.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/12/most...who-says-.html
Was going to post this Thank you!

Old 07-16-2021, 04:49 PM

9,824 posts, read 11,546,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYSD1995 View Post
If this pandemic has taught me anything, it's the sorry state of science education in this country. I can't believe anti-vax has become a mainstream, political position. If you had asked me 5 years ago I could have never imagined it. You've got people slugging down diet cokes, obese and athersclerotic, maxing out on sodium and fat everry day, and now they are worried about their health ???

I know people with backgrounds in biology who won't take the vaccine (I work for a lab) and everyone is just like WTF. The internet is clearly too powerful for most people, they just cant separate the actual facts from the crazy. I guess it doesnt help when global world leaders deny facts even in the face of proof. This country is just a 3rd world place now, a bunch of uneducated rubes and a global elite who exists to exploit them.
If I could Hi-5 you I would
Nobody was questioning Polio and measles shots. Kinda explains why Baby Boomers lined up in groves to get the COVID-19 shot while Gen X, Y, Z are still sitting on the sidelines.

Old 07-16-2021, 04:51 PM

1,875 posts, read 1,326,607 times
Anyone got the link to the 10 year study on safety/side-effects of these vax?

Old 07-16-2021, 04:59 PM

4,433 posts, read 2,452,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eqttrdr View Post
Anyone got the link to the 10 year study on safety/side-effects of these vax?

If everybody elected to wait for an absolutely conclusive 5/10/20/100 year study, we'd still be in lockdown mode.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego