Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2008, 07:34 PM

1,658 posts, read 7,574,341 times

Advertisements

Note:I can not hook anyone up with free tickets.

As you enter the park realize:
-SW will conduct bag checks,no coolers,food/drinks,or weapons.
-Pick up a park map at the bag check tables(main gate)
-Skytower is a good reference point.Good place to gather if you are looking for something or you are lost
-Lock your car,roll up the windows no matter how hot it is.There are break-ins and even car thefts,remember "It's Still San Diego"

While You enjoy the park:
-Shows are aprx 20 mins.Show up 10-25 mins before show time,stadiums do reach capacity and you will not be admitted
-At some shows the first 3-12 rows are designated as "Splash Zones"protect your small children and electronics from getting wet.
-To avoid crowds,choose rides early in the morning or later in the afternoon
-SWSD is a non-smoking park.Designated smoking areas are located throughout the park.Refer to your park map for more info.

As you enter through the Tolls Plaza:
-Pull all the way through up to the windows
-Utilize both lanes(lanes on the left of the booth have no or little cars lined up,I don't know why.People say they couldn't see the green light)
-Green means "open"
-Red or no light means "closed"
-Silver,Gold,Platinum passports get free parking but passes need to be scaned(FUN CARDS DO NOT)
-Platinum passport members get free preferred parking (when available)
-Do not turn around at tolls plaza,pull through and Tolls Workers will direct you to an exit.
-Preferred Parking is first 6 rows of the lot in front of the main gate($15)
Regular Parking is anything outside of that($10)
-Handicap parking is also $10
-You may drop off in front of the main gate,just pull thru and we will direct you.
-Say Hi to me when you enter

Tix:
-Fun card-$59 Adult,$49 ages 3-9(not valid on 5/25,7/4,7/5,8/31/2008
-Single day-$59A,$49C
-Deluxe-Ages 10+$68,$58C
-Silver Passport-$99A,$89C and ages 50+
-Platinum Psprt-$169A,159C and ages 50+

Tourism Tix"
-S.CA 2 Park Flex-Visit SWSD and Univ.Studios for as much as you like for 14 consec.days.$99A,&89C
-SD 3-for1-Visit SWSD and SD Zoo as much as you like for 5 consec.days$109A,$86C
-S.CA City Pass-Visit SWSD,Univ Studios,SD Zoo,SD Wild Animal Park(WAP) and 3Day Disney;and Park Hopper for unlimited admission to Disneyland&Disney's CA Adventure for 3 days
$247A,$199C

*Children under 3 are free.
*Traffic from LA down to SD may be slow on Saturdays from Oceanside all the way down to Del Mar.Leave early or do not even come on Saturdays(not worth it plus a possible 45 min wait just to park)
*Traffic on Inghram Street is backed up going NB in the morning and SB in the afternoon during the summer months.Try taking Sea World Drive exit
*Ask for discounts at the main gate or ticket windows
*If you have a passport that does not work at Tolls Plaza,pay the parking and take receipt to Guest Relations(located JRO the main entry).This goes for those wishing to re-new a passport as well
*Don't try anything stupid,Sea World Security know when something is up and may call SDPD,and I'm sure you don't want that(inside San Diegan Joke)
*If you are taking I8 East via Inghram St you can use the left lane for even though it says Sports Arena Blvd.TAKING THE LEFT LANE MAY SAVE YOU AROUND 4MINS AS YOU TRY TO GET ON THE 8 EAST.
*Ask questions if you are unsure,most team members are willing to help
*HAVE FUN!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2021, 09:09 PM

1 posts, read 3,053 times
Is there a place I can drop off and pick up teenagers without having to pay for parking? Do I have to go through the toll booth to do so?

Thanks

Old 06-10-2021, 03:16 PM

50,262 posts, read 47,017,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlo9296 View Post
Is there a place I can drop off and pick up teenagers without having to pay for parking? Do I have to go through the toll booth to do so?

Thanks
Yes you can on the North side. Just keep going like you are heading into PB and take a right at the light. Or S Shores parking lot but it's about a 1/4 mile walk.

Old 06-10-2021, 09:12 PM

9,821 posts, read 11,542,629 times
Are they hiring?
My youngest is home from college for the summer and needs to get a job.

Old 06-10-2021, 09:48 PM

15,129 posts, read 32,316,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
Are they hiring?
My youngest is home from college for the summer and needs to get a job.
I heard that that Sea World and the Zoo both are hiring.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego