Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2021, 12:43 PM

31 posts, read 37,613 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxlrod View Post
50?

I think you typed an extra zero.

I live 6 miles inland, and have many more sunny days than directly on the coast.

50 miles inland would be very hot. No thanks.
I live in lakeside which is about 30 miles from the beach and it gets hot as heck out here. Like lately it's been high 70s- mid 80s and nights are in the 50s. Personally I love the cold weather because I can layer up but I can only take so many clothes off. Honestly I'd rather wear a light sweater if it's "cold" closer to the coast than to deal with 80 degree weather in the fall/winter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2021, 05:42 PM

10,282 posts, read 6,808,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tipmart87 View Post
We never actually got a chance to live in the area. We bought a beautiful home in Calavera Hills in Carlsbad 5 years ago and had planned to move there in 2 years time when I retire. We have two kids and our reasons for moving there were the schools and beaches, plus, I though it was the last 'sane' place left to live in California. We ended up buying another apt just to rent out for extra income. Now it seems that San Diego county has been taken over by loonies just like the Bay area

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com...-policies-laws

And I really don't want to have my kids (7 and 2) in public schools anymore in America. I've been homeschooling my eldest for the past 2 years and it's tiring as both mum and dad work. we are looking at some places in Europe to move to and going to travel for a year or so before settling somewhere.
You're not alone in your thinking, regarding the school situation, Statewide.

It's a damn shame too.

This is the main motivator that parents are fleeing Calif.

Wanna sell the Calavera Hills place?

Old 11-08-2021, 01:31 PM

3,066 posts, read 1,736,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDSurfer3 View Post
Live about 4 miles from the coast and we do get quite a bit of fog and Marine layer in the mornings. Almost like clockwork around 10 to 10:30 a m it burns off and we have beautiful sunny weather the rest of the day.

I think the sweet spot is living just a few miles from the coast where you get more moderate temperatures but also get to enjoy the sunshine.
Same here, five miles from the coast as the crow flies. I'd love to live closer though. I like being able to have the windows open in the summer and have the breeze cool the place down. It gets a little too hot here in the summer and we don't have air. But 9 months out of the year is fine. I used to hate the marine layer, but now, since it keeps things cool I love it. It's ugly, but I like the temps that come with it.

Old 11-08-2021, 07:45 PM

37 posts, read 29,011 times
If you don't have a whole house fan. I highly recommend them. I have no A/C either and with the fan running a couple hours after things cool down, I don't ever see a need for A/C.

Old 11-08-2021, 08:30 PM

3,066 posts, read 1,736,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDSurfer3 View Post
If you don't have a whole house fan. I highly recommend them. I have no A/C either and with the fan running a couple hours after things cool down, I don't ever see a need for A/C.
Interesting. I may want to get A/C, but if we don't, I'll look into that.

Old 11-12-2021, 08:57 PM

12,766 posts, read 18,364,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opt_10 View Post
Do you live inland? San Diego proper gets cold in February. Not necessarily a shorts weather for my comfort level.
No offense but Feb should be cold & i refuse to live anywhere where it’s not

Old 11-12-2021, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Since when is mid-upper 60s “cold”?

My Minnesota upbringing is laughing
I know right. My northeast @ss is doing the same

Old 11-12-2021, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opt_10 View Post
Lol. Not Minnesota. That place is only fit for penguins. I lived there for a while and the weather was HELL.

Believe it or not.. some people like it 75 and up. I personally prefer 80 and up. 75 is doable but below 70 is downright annoying. But that's just me.
Hell no. You need distinct seasons.

Thats just wacked

Old 11-12-2021, 09:55 PM

140 posts, read 122,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NORTY FLATZ View Post

Wanna sell the Calavera Hills place?
We will be in 2 -3 years time. We have to live there for 2 years in order for it not to be classified as an investment property and pay taxes. So wife is moving there next year with our kids and putting them in the Carlsbad Christian school for 2 years then we up and leave

Old 11-15-2021, 04:41 PM

82 posts, read 40,647 times
The Covid vaccine mandates for schools was the last straw. Me and my family are leaving and moving to a much freer, Redder state. California is one of the most naturally beautiful places on earth...such a shame it has been slowly rotting and will only speed up with all this Left-wing tyranny. Ciao.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego