Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2021, 03:05 AM

5,024 posts, read 7,522,798 times

Advertisements

This article was written for San Diego. Our gun laws could really change.

https://www.newsbreak.com/news/24204..._bucket_7.web2
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2021, 06:19 AM

1,082 posts, read 824,743 times
Hopefully the "broad ruling" wins out. Sounds like it could change for the better, as it should.

Old 11-02-2021, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBslider001 View Post
Hopefully the "broad ruling" wins out. Sounds like it could change for the better, as it should.
I would love to own a gun or two. But it's a lot of work in San Diego. I follow rules but I don't need another MBA for Guns.

On the other hand, I'm not a gun lover. My need for guns ended on the last plane ride back to the USA from Vietnam. Please don't thank me for my service. I was paid to do my job in Vietnam. Unlike many of my local friends, I was not drafted. I volunteered for military service.

Here's what I remember of Vietnam. We need to use war as a last resort.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30QzJKCUekQ&t=157s

Old 11-02-2021, 08:56 AM

50,056 posts, read 46,553,810 times
I saw this coming when Brown decided to outlaw open carry. These politicians know they can get away with creating unconstitutional laws because it takes forever for it to be tossed out in the courts. Gore also saw this coming imo and is why he changed his mind on our ccw guidelines.

Old 11-02-2021, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruitr View Post
I would love to own a gun or two. But it's a lot of work in San Diego. I follow rules but I don't need another MBA for Guns.

On the other hand, I'm not a gun lover. My need for guns ended on the last plane ride back to the USA from Vietnam. Please don't thank me for my service. I was paid to do my job in Vietnam. Unlike many of my local friends, I was not drafted. I volunteered for military service.

Here's what I remember of Vietnam. We need to use war as a last resort.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30QzJKCUekQ&t=157s
Unless you want a CCW it's not difficult, it well however, be expensive like everything else in CA. My last firearm purchase last month cost me about an additional 250 bucks over the price of the firearm.

Old 11-02-2021, 10:46 AM

5,544 posts, read 4,504,772 times
So this was could potentially change the guidelines from "may issue" to "shall issue".

Honestly, I wouldn't hold your breath.

Old 11-02-2021, 11:08 AM

1,370 posts, read 1,140,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Unless you want a CCW it's not difficult...
yeah - pretty much this; although I haven't tried to purchase anything that's classified as an "Assault Weapon" - I really don't want my name on California's Registration List. Easy enough to avoid - there are more than enough alternatives if you want a semi-automatic centerfire rifle that can take magazines.

Old 11-02-2021, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyInSD View Post
yeah - pretty much this; although I haven't tried to purchase anything that's classified as an "Assault Weapon" - I really don't want my name on California's Registration List. Easy enough to avoid - there are more than enough alternatives if you want a semi-automatic centerfire rifle that can take magazines.
First off, there is no such thing as the made up term "assault weapon". You'd have to have an FFL to buy anything people dumb enough to register one as, as it's in the stupid database. You can purchase any AK or AR because it's setup as featureless.

I believe the registration is closed anyway but I read somewhere they got sued to reopen it. I'll hard pass on that. Once it's in there it's nearly impossible to get out. The whole premise is so stupid. If you register it then move out of State, to a free State, and sell to a buddy that thing is still attached to YOU if any crime is committed. Hard pass.

Old 11-02-2021, 12:37 PM

2,986 posts, read 1,657,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Unless you want a CCW it's not difficult
Agree I just bought a 9mm and it was pretty simple. It will be expensive though... Ammo is around 35$ a box! When I was a kid is was 10

Old 11-02-2021, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stablegenius View Post
Agree I just bought a 9mm and it was pretty simple. It will be expensive though... Ammo is around 35$ a box! When I was a kid is was 10
I helped a friend buy a gun range in St Louis MO about 20 years ago. He can't get bullets today. No bullets is a big problem for a small range owner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
View detailed profiles of: