Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2022, 12:29 PM

3,477 posts, read 6,507,394 times

Advertisements

This station actually has a decent description of the suspect which the NBC station seems to not want to say. https://www.cbs8.com/article/news/cr...b-0ccddb5f9c0a
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2022, 12:39 PM

50,242 posts, read 46,997,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeauCharles View Post
This station actually has a decent description of the suspect which the NBC station seems to not want to say. https://www.cbs8.com/article/news/cr...b-0ccddb5f9c0a
Amazing they mentioned or aired anything about race. Anyone else sick of this woke garbage? I'm POC and so sick of this going down. Come on man. The guy is a freakin criminal. Out his butt. Banger to boot. Piece of excrement human.

Old 02-14-2022, 03:41 PM

382 posts, read 179,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeauCharles View Post
Not surprising, NBC doesn't give a description. I've found that CBS seems to be the least biased of the MSM, but then you have fake 60 Minutes on CBS, but everyone knows that's been fake since at least the early 80's. Well, not people where I live in the Bay Area.

Old 02-14-2022, 04:24 PM

9,820 posts, read 11,536,738 times
Y'all are worried about the Race, I'm more worried about how inept the Coronado Police Department is. I'm not worried race because thats the police/Sheriff Departments problem.

Old 02-14-2022, 05:04 PM

50,242 posts, read 46,997,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
Y'all are worried about the Race, I'm more worried about how inept the Coronado Police Department is. I'm not worried race because thats the police/Sheriff Departments problem.
The department is only like a half dozen people and some are volunteers. The island was not ready to be the next PB. They will need a lot more cops. It sucks that the trash has invaded utopia.

Old 02-15-2022, 10:05 PM

5,291 posts, read 12,734,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
The department is only like a half dozen people and some are volunteers. The island was not ready to be the next PB. They will need a lot more cops. It sucks that the trash has invaded utopia.
That explains why I never see law enforcement whenever I'm in Coronado. Ha. It's crazy that 11 people were robbed one after another at Centennial Park. People go there at all hours of the night to see the view of the skyline at night.

Old 02-18-2022, 07:06 AM

160 posts, read 94,139 times
This makes me very sad. On my one and only visit to California, I stayed for 3 days on Coronado. We were supposed to go to the zoo and just see San Diego in general, but after arriving mid morning and driving up to Encinitas on the PCH (since we couldn't check in until late afternoon), we didn't leave Coronado. We stopped at many of the beaches on the drive, saw a beautiful sunset in LaJolla, and also went to Point Loma on arrival day, but the weather was so beautiful and Coronado was so nice, that we just spent our time riding bikes and enjoying the beach on a couple of high 70s, low 80s November days. It was a west coast paradise!

This was my adult daughter and I, and we felt safe out wandering in the early mornings and at night--about 8 years ago. I hope it hasn't changed too much as I want to visit again! Hope they catch this guy! And hope this never becomes the norm.

Old 02-18-2022, 08:44 AM

4,433 posts, read 2,447,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by utvolfan View Post
This makes me very sad. On my one and only visit to California, I stayed for 3 days on Coronado. We were supposed to go to the zoo and just see San Diego in general, but after arriving mid morning and driving up to Encinitas on the PCH (since we couldn't check in until late afternoon), we didn't leave Coronado. We stopped at many of the beaches on the drive, saw a beautiful sunset in LaJolla, and also went to Point Loma on arrival day, but the weather was so beautiful and Coronado was so nice, that we just spent our time riding bikes and enjoying the beach on a couple of high 70s, low 80s November days. It was a west coast paradise!

This was my adult daughter and I, and we felt safe out wandering in the early mornings and at night--about 8 years ago. I hope it hasn't changed too much as I want to visit again! Hope they catch this guy! And hope this never becomes the norm.

I wouldn't let an isolated incident stop me. San Diego is still a relatively safe big city and this certainly isn't the norm for Coronado either.

This wasn't exactly a sophisticated crime. Some random face-tat dude gets a hair up his backside to rob people on the other side of the bridge, and pulls it off with moderate success. Also, sounds like he lost his gun in the effort when victims fought back, so maybe he'll rethink his career choice now.

Old 02-18-2022, 10:54 AM

160 posts, read 94,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joosoon View Post
I wouldn't let an isolated incident stop me. San Diego is still a relatively safe big city and this certainly isn't the norm for Coronado either.

This wasn't exactly a sophisticated crime. Some random face-tat dude gets a hair up his backside to rob people on the other side of the bridge, and pulls it off with moderate success. Also, sounds like he lost his gun in the effort when victims fought back, so maybe he'll rethink his career choice now.
I would love to do a 2-3 week trip and drive and explore towns along the PCH, but also spend a few more days in Coronado this time with my husband. I live in an area with a high crime rate where I do not feel safe on our walking/biking trail alone, unfortunately. I'm okay in the neighborhood, but I'd love a change of scenery now and then!

Most of the beaches I go to frequently on the east coast are pretty quiet and there is such a sense of freedom about being out and about without looking over my shoulder constantly. Coronado was the busiest of my favorite beaches (I remember seeing alot of traffic during the late afternoon) but we really did feel very safe.

I get that it is probably an isolated incident and hopefully remains that way, because places like this are treasured! I had a relative living in Oceanside for a year (husband was military) and we had a trip planned for April of 2020 that had to be aborted because of Covid. That was going to be our base and we were going to explore the beaches for 10 days, staying in a few hotels here and there. Hopefully we can plan another trip soon, though they are no longer in California.

Old 02-18-2022, 11:47 AM

10,291 posts, read 6,813,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by utvolfan View Post
I would love to do a 2-3 week trip and drive and explore towns along the PCH, but also spend a few more days in Coronado this time with my husband. I live in an area with a high crime rate where I do not feel safe on our walking/biking trail alone, unfortunately. I'm okay in the neighborhood, but I'd love a change of scenery now and then!
That is a shameful situation you're in. Just shameful. It sounds as if you're a hostage (or inmate.)

Now, about visiting. Please do! I'm sure the members here can come up with some awesome beaches/destinations for you. (I know, I can.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego