Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2022, 04:35 PM

4,433 posts, read 2,447,326 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
We Public needs answers

To a degree. To the degree the victim's attorney *wants* to provide information at this point, really. What's troubling is how long it took SDPD to even send the information to the DA. The article says they didn't even begin until early August. It seems like the civil suit was filed to bring attention to the fact that the criminal charges are still in limbo. Either way, it's a bad look.

All that said, we probably won't have all the answers for years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2022, 05:09 PM

26,717 posts, read 26,776,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
Where are the Young Ladies Parents
"...the woman’s father, who spoke with The Times on Friday on the condition of anonymity to protect his daughter’s privacy, said he met with a university police officer on Oct. 19, three days after the party. He said he provided the campus police lieutenant with his daughter’s name, his phone number and a detailed description of the alleged rape involving football players. The lieutenant, he said, later informed him the case would be handled by the San Diego Police Department.

The father said it was “absolutely ridiculous” that the university held off on launching its own investigations or issuing a statement until until The Times first reported details of the alleged assault last month.

“To keep it silent for now over nine months — the same people that are alleged to have done this have been allowed to roam free, graduate, continue to play in their sports,” he said. “It drives me bonkers.”

His daughter said she was disappointed with how the university responded. The Times generally does not identify alleged victims of sex crimes."

https://www.latimes.com/california/s...otball-players

Old 09-06-2022, 06:38 PM

10,292 posts, read 6,813,150 times
Lotsa lives, ruined.

Old 09-06-2022, 09:05 PM

1,447 posts, read 2,743,988 times
A few years ago an SDSU male student was accused of date rape. A picture of him appeared online and on TV and he was basically convicted in the court of public opinion.

Turned out there was no evidence of this. The local news paper made an apology (you know which one) and everything moved on...

...except, he was dragged though the dirt and his picture is etched in many person's minds.

This case seems different, yeah, but you have to be careful.

Old 09-07-2022, 09:13 AM

4,433 posts, read 2,447,326 times
Accused is not convicted, and acquitted is not necessarily innocent. But yes, it sounds like there's a fair amount of evidence in this case. However it is possible the reason they're moving forward with the civil case is because the victim's lawyer doesn't think the criminal case is winnable, if the DA even follows through with charges to begin with.

The real problem here for the accused is that the victim was a minor at the time. In light of that, the question of whether the acts were consensual or not flies out the window.

Old 09-07-2022, 08:35 PM

17,874 posts, read 15,925,121 times
I guess Matt Araiza, and the rest of the bunch never expected to be drafted and earn millions of dollars. Otherwise there are people out there that think they can get away with rape once they become famous. Which is utterly preposterous. Unless these defendants dont watch the news, they must be the dumbest people out there.

Old 09-07-2022, 09:07 PM

8,390 posts, read 7,637,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
So many things wrong. What was this teen doing at this party? Plus being hammered? Where did she get the booze? The parents better hope it wasn't from their own home. I agree these guys are probably toast unless someone produces a fake ID she wasn't a minor. I am using this case to help educate both of my kids of what "not to do".
Read the complaint. The guys who raped her gave her the booze, plus other substances.

Even if she was drunk as good be, there is no excuse for a bunch of adult men violently raping an underage high school student for an hour an a half.

End of story.

Old 09-07-2022, 09:08 PM

50,242 posts, read 46,997,454 times
I for one, at age 16,17,18,19,20, 21, 22 or 23 couldn't tell the "age" of someone at a party or a bar. Women wear makeup, dress up. Guys try and grow beards and get in shape. Are we to the point we have to fill out a background check when we meet someone at a party?

Again, why was a minor at a party drunk. I always figured a girl/woman at a bar was 21. Turns out I was wrong a bunch of times.

Do teens not have a curfew from parents anymore? When a guy meets a girlfriend that's 16 and he's 17, when he's 18 does that mean he's committed a crime? Cause she's a "minor" and he's not anymore. You can get married at a much younger age. Can you get tossed in jail for marrying your minor GF cause you just turned 18 and she isn't? This is very convoluted.

I've seen many a person guy or girl get violent after getting drunk and hurting themselves and their "Dates". I don't like this Kangaroo Court stuff.

I've seen multiple women think they can beat the hell out of their BF or someone else because they are drunk/on drugs and are invincible.

Ask anyone that was a cop how hard it is to hit a domestic violence call and the aggressor is the female.

Kangaroo Court. Man guilty because he has testicles. Lame. Just because someone is a female doesn't make their "story" solid.

The worst call I ever had was some guy "beating up his GF" and tossing out her stuff. Turns out they were both doing rails and he had enough. He got hooked and booked for the night. Next week I see these idiots back together. The guy was covered in bruises because she was hitting him with something. He was a big boy too. There is no one stop shop for people.

The girl's father drove all the way down from LA to "comfort" her and she was right back with the guy in days. This isn't 1940. I've seen girls at parties have sex with multiple guys in one night. I don't get that but whatever. Not my scene.

Kangaroo Court.

Again, why was the girl at this party. Why would she accept booze? And drugs? How would they know she was a minor? These are all things the court is going to consider. Why didn't they file an order immediately?
Smells super fishy....

The only one saying she was "violently raped" is the blood sucking attorneys" and everyone seems ok with that.

Not saying this didn't happen but keep an open mind, good lord.

I see Sharks going for cash. Not enough evidence from day from for a criminal case so they are going civil. Chase the money. Here are the key words: where the alleged rape took place.

Last edited by 1AngryTaxPayer; 09-07-2022 at 09:42 PM..

Old 09-07-2022, 09:45 PM

50,242 posts, read 46,997,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieSD View Post
Read the complaint. The guys who raped her gave her the booze, plus other substances.

Even if she was drunk as good be, there is no excuse for a bunch of adult men violently raping an underage high school student for an hour an a half.

End of story.
So you believe it happened, game over, based on the complaint? Really? Anyone can sue anyone for anything, here in America. It's up to the burden of proof.

Waiting almost a year doesn't help the case. They had rape kits a year ago AND attorneys, did they not?

Why would a good looking guy about to go into the NFL have to roofy a chick to get laid? He's got women out the wazoo jumping at him. He's about the be a multi-millionaire. Almost every girl on campus knew who he was. There is so much taint with this case.

Pretty sure he had his choice of desirable woman. No need to "rape" someone who's a minor when you can already get who you want when you want. We'll see how it plays out.

Here's more baloney, this isn't something privy for citizens at the time of "the crime":
Detectives from the Sex Crimes Unit arranged recorded "pretext" calls with men they
had determined were present in the room when the rape occurred, including Araiza, Leonard, and
Ewaliko. Before the recorded calls, the detectives coached Doe on a variety of pre-textual reasons
for her calls, e.g., that she was "worried about STDs" or that rumors were going around that she "had
sex with the whole team." The detectives also coached Doe during the calls with additional
questions, especially focusing on Araiza. For example, during a call with Ewaliko on October 27,
2021, the detectives sent Doe text messages to get Ewaliko to confirm Araiza's last name ("Matt
what?"), to talk about what Araiza had done to Doe ("What happened with me and Matt? Did we
have sex (specifics, other than oral"), and to provide Araiza's telephone number ("Get Matt's #!!").
After finishing the October 27 call with Ewaliko, Doe texted the detectives that he had provided
Araiza's number: "Pa'a texted me matt's number."

Last edited by 1AngryTaxPayer; 09-07-2022 at 10:11 PM..

Old 09-08-2022, 09:04 AM

6,420 posts, read 11,590,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post

Again, why was the girl at this party. Why would she accept booze? And drugs? How would they know she was a minor? These are all things the court is going to consider. Why didn't they file an order immediately?
Smells super fishy....

The only one saying she was "violently raped" is the blood sucking attorneys" and everyone seems ok with that.

Not saying this didn't happen but keep an open mind, good lord.

"Keep an open mind"? Ironic, given how victim-blaming you sound in this and all your posts about this. That's a vintage 1950s' attitude. And it's obsolete, for good reason.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego