Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 01:07 AM

7,380 posts, read 12,670,445 times

Advertisements

We've been bundling with Cox for many years, and recently we got notification that Cox would no longer be supporting e-mails, and would migrate all e-mail accounts to Yahoo without changing existing e-mail addresses. The transfer happened yesterday, and I have been struggling all day with getting access to our multiple accounts. And I'm furious. All our information being transferred and available? Hardly. I lost my entire address book/contact list , and I can't access my e-mail without having to sign in, every time. They say it's compatible with Outlook, but it doesn't seem to be. I'm being bombarded with ads that I can't delete, and colorful, distracting ads are running constantly in my field of vision. I can probably avoid them by upgrading, but I don't want to use Yahoo in the first place, so why get in deeper?

If you're a Cox customer, do you have anything positive to say about the switch? Any other negative reactions? We're ready to cancel the entire Cox bundle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 07:56 AM

50,289 posts, read 47,043,365 times
This actually started last year and was even on the news.

https://www.cox.com/residential/supp...-move-to-yahoo.

Old Yesterday, 11:55 AM

9,824 posts, read 11,548,625 times
i have a lot of positives, Cox Email S@#KS and always have.
It's Slow
Ugly UI, Ugly design

Riddled with spam, At least mine was
I quit using it as my main email years ago.
Good Riddance, its about time Cox did something right.

Old Yesterday, 11:59 AM

1,914 posts, read 897,492 times
Not that this helps you, but I never use "in-house" email addresses for this reason. I've always used Gmail for my personal stuff and I just wing it for my employer, because if they screw it up, it's on them, not me.

We have Cox as a provider here but we left them about 2 years ago when we got Starlink. I've had Gmail for at least 15 years. I had Yahoo for years before them but that's when we were still using dial-up and broadband. I left them when they couldn't keep up with spam.

If I were you, I'd start looking for another provider, and in the meantime, complain heavily to Cox uppercrust and to the FCC, as well as the local news affiliates. That usually gets some traction. Why they chose Yahoo of all vendors is beyond me.

Sorry this happened to you.

Old Yesterday, 02:20 PM

6,506 posts, read 7,536,063 times
When applying for jobs I make it a point not to use @YAHOO.COM on my resume and even more recently not @HOTMAIL, always @GMAIL.COM. Yahoo and Hotmail make you look old and age discrimination in the work force is illegal but real.

My co-worker has @cox.net, he mentioned that when giving out his email address to non San Diego people he is always asked to spell COX, guess their mind goes somewhere else.

Old Yesterday, 06:16 PM

9,527 posts, read 30,477,668 times
the day ATT ran fiber to my block I switched and it's not even close.

Old Yesterday, 06:19 PM

9,824 posts, read 11,548,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malcorub16 View Post
When applying for jobs I make it a point not to use @YAHOO.COM on my resume and even more recently not @HOTMAIL, always @GMAIL.COM. Yahoo and Hotmail make you look old and age discrimination in the work force is illegal but real.

My co-worker has @cox.net, he mentioned that when giving out his email address to non San Diego people he is always asked to spell COX, guess their mind goes somewhere else.
I ask myself how to spell cox every time i get my bill

Old Yesterday, 10:36 PM

50,289 posts, read 47,043,365 times
If you want a good reaming try Sprectum.

Old Today, 12:56 PM

7,380 posts, read 12,670,445 times
Thanks everybody, good to know there are alternatives. I was fiddling with the accounts all day yesterday and managed to reestablish all Cox accounts in Yahoo--just in time for looking into switching to something else! But our contacts lists dating back 20 years are lost--or rather, they're still in the old Cox accounts (which can't be copied or transferred), so I took screenshots and printed them out. Sigh. What a waste of time. I submitted a number of complaints to Cox, and I also looked up Yahoo reviews, which are dismal. I tried to find out whether Yahoo is compatible with Outlook, and the answer appeared to be affirmative, in one program: AOL! Talk about looking dated! Apparently Yahoo deletes old e-mails, and I am completely relying on saving all important old communications. Perhaps this is the first step in the movement of returning to snail mail...

But like a good friend just reminded me, there are worse things out there than having e-mail issues. I will rise above this grumpy moment and go out and smell the orange blossoms in the backyard.

Old Today, 02:17 PM

6,506 posts, read 7,536,063 times
I'm sure if you call Cox they might provide you with a data dump of your contacts in an Excel or CSV file especially if you threaten to leave them.
That data exists somewhere on their servers and is associated with your email addresses, it's just a matter of some Cox analyst pulling it for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
View detailed profiles of: